• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Which are the best Great Disney Animated Films?

DA_Champion

Avenger
Reaction score
tumblr_mkzg7t8Cup1rev4e5o1_500.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_ne0azdzkO21tlc0ufo1_500.gif

f7SRy6S.gif

tumblr_inline_n41d98WISv1swffnc.gif

tumblr_mod820Ifdk1qzwmuro1_500.gif

tumblr_na6197MwNA1s0c4z4o4_500.gif

giphy.gif

gTgR4Hr.gif

s3fuzV6.gif

I have only seen Pinocchio, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, The Lion King, Hercules, Tarzan, Mulan and Frozen. I think I go with Pinocchio.

Last edited:
Aladdin has always been my favourite. Lost count of how many times i saw the first one when I was a kid.

giphy.gif

1. The Lion King
2. Robin Hood
3. Sword in the Stone
4. Hercules
5. Aladdin
6. Beauty and the Beast
7. Sleeping Beauty
8. The Little Mermaid
9. Tarzan
10. Alice in Wonderland

1. Bambi
2. Fantasia
3. Pinocchio
4. Lady and the Tramp
5. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
6. Sleeping Beauty
7. Beauty and the Beast
8. Dumbo
9. The Hunchback of Notre Dame
10. The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad

Fantasia is really more of a 1A than a 2. It is gorgeous and maybe the most rewatchable Disney film. I never get tired of watching it. But Bambi just wrecks me at an emotional level.

I find it interesting that my top 3 choices were all flops at the box office.

Last edited:
1. The Lion King
2. Aladdin
3. The Little Mermaid
4. Lady and the Tramp
5. Sleeping Beauty
6. Bambi
7. Beauty and the Beast
8. Snow White and the Seven Dwarves
9. Frozen
10. Cinderella/Dumbo/Pinocchio tie

13. 101 Dalmatians
14. Tangled
15. Mulan

A lot of classics, actually.

1. Bambi
2. Fantasia
3. Pinocchio
4. Lady and the Tramp
5. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
6. Sleeping Beauty
7. Beauty and the Beast
8. Dumbo
9. The Hunchback of Notre Dame
10. The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad

Fantasia is really more of a 1A than a 2. It is gorgeous and maybe the most rewatchable Disney film. I never get tired of watching it. But Bambi just wrecks me at an emotional level.

I find it interesting that my top 3 choices were all flops at the box office.

World War 2 had a lot to do with it.

That is a very tough decision. Disney has done so many great animated movies. And even their less successful/critically acclaimed have amazing artwork and animation.

For the classic 2D style of animation, I really have to go with Beauty & The Beast. Not only is it a classic fairy tale, but Belle is one of the few strong female protagonists Disney has ever written. She doesn't just wait around for a "knight in shining armor" to rescue her. And there's no "love at first sight" to the plot. Belle is strong and intelligent, and she and Beast actually have to work at their relationship. It's not just "the prince hears her singing, gets one look at her, and she's automatically his one true love" like in Sleeping Beauty and Snow White (which could be a very harmful message to teach young girls).

Aladdin and The Little Mermaid are tied in second place for similar reasons. The protagonists are teenagers, and thus it can be somewhat forgivable that they'd be so romantically impulsive. But rather than immediately marrying someone that they had just met "because it was love at first sight" they set out to pursue them and win them over, which takes up a fair portion of the movie. Making Jasmine and Ariel slightly better role models for young girls. Better than Aurora and Snow White at least, but not as good as Belle.

Those are my top three picks for the 2D style animated movies. I'll have to think some more on the 3D CG animated movies, but Frozen will most certainly be in the top three, if not number one.

1. The Lion King
2. Aladdin
3. 101 Dalmatians
4. Tangled
5. Alice In Wonderland
6. The Jungle Book
7. Dumbo
8. Beauty and the Beast
9. Frozen
10. The Little Mermaid

Last edited:
Lion King, Frozen, and Beauty and the Beast tied for the lead -- not surprised !

Lion King, Frozen, and Beauty and the Beast tied for the lead -- not surprised !

And that's a shame. Frozen is as overrated as they come. Its on the same level as Bolt and Meet the Robinsons for me, but hey, people like the music so...

This poll is missing Dumbo (my favourite of the films actually made under Walt's supervision), unless my eyes deceive me.

I picked The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King (those three plus Aladdin are the greatest creative streak in the studio's history, in my opinion), Mulan and Wreck-It Ralph.

This poll is missing Dumbo (my favourite of the films actually made under Walt's supervision), unless my eyes deceive me.

Yeah, you're right. It isn't there. That's a pretty big omission.

I prefer the ones with no or very little singing in them. Modern movies like Wreck-It Ralph and Big Hero 6. Of the classic ones I'd take something like Pinocchio over princess-movies like Snow White. Story-wise many of the old movies just feels outdated; not particularly interesting characters in those. Princesses dreaming about some prince. Yawn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"