Which characters should make up the Legion of Doom

Tg11

Superhero
Reaction score
If anything which characters in the DCEU well Worlds of DC as it is titled now which characters should make up the Legion of Doom in your opinion?

Lex Luthor (Jesse Eisenberg) (Superman)
Slade Wilson/Deathstroke (Joe Manganiello) (Cyborg)
Barbara Minerva/Cheetah (Kristen Wiig) (Wonder Woman)
David Hyde/Black Manta (Yahya Abdul-Mateen II) (Aquaman)
Black Adam (Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson) (Shazam)
Eobard Thawne/Reverse Flash (The Flash) (who should play Eobard is the million dollar question)

Joker (Jared Leto) (Batman)

This makes for a pretty impressive line-up wouldn't you agree? I mean I wonder then how would the Legion of Doom fit into the Universe when we already have Suicide Squad and Suicide Squad is practically made up of villains right now even with Deadshot, Harley Quinn, Killer Croc, Flagg, Katana, Enchantress and then there's Waller on top of that

You're right about the LoD and SS both being teams of villains but SS have been presented as pretty much antiheroes. Whatever their motives might be the SS tried and managed to save the day. I think if we see the LoD they'll be outright villains.

I mean I wonder then how would the Legion of Doom fit into the Universe when we already have Suicide Squad and Suicide Squad is practically made up of villains right now even with Deadshot, Harley Quinn, Killer Croc, Flagg, Katana, Enchantress and then there's Waller on top of that

The Suicide Squad, with its expendable leftover C-list villains who are forced to do good, is more akin to the Guardians of the Galaxy or X-Force, whereas the Legion of Doom, comprised of A-list arch-nemesis supervillains, is like a mirror of the League and the antagonists of any story they're featured in.

Anyways, I've always championed the use of the Legion as the villains for a JL sequel, where they can take Marvel's build-up/team-up approach, but with the villains. Unfortunately I don't think we're going to see another JL movie for a longgggg time, and by then, I imagine several of these roles will be recast.

Last edited:
  • Lex Luthor (someone other than Jesse Eisenberg)
  • Slade Wilson/Deathstroke (Joe Manganiello)
  • David Hyde/Black Manta (Yahya Abdul-Mateen II) (Aquaman)
  • Black Adam (Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson) (Shazam)
  • Eobard Thawne/Reverse Flash
  • Barbara Minerva/Cheetah (Kristen Wiig) (Wonder Woman)

As much as this is a good list, it's pretty much an ensemble of the villains from our respective heroes. I'd rather have something different. Otherwise we run the risk of members being paired off against their nemesis.

I think, furthermore, the characters need to have a purpose. The Justice League exist because they want to do good, whereas the above list are more characters (with the exception of Slade) who just want to do bad. Slade is more a soldier for hire, so he'll go where the money is I guess.

I can't quite see the likes of Cheetah, Thawne or Black Adam being team players; they'd be more concerned with defeating Diana, Barry & Shazam respectively. I wonder whether they'd all be better off (with the exception of Lex & Slade) as the next Suicide Squad, rather than the Injustice League.

I'd further think the Joker would simply be too unstable. Lex would be continually watching his back.

If anything which characters in the DCEU well Worlds of DC as it is titled now which characters should make up the Legion of Doom in your opinion?

Lex Luthor (Jesse Eisenberg) (Superman)
Slade Wilson/Deathstroke (Joe Manganiello) (Cyborg)
Barbara Minerva/Cheetah (Kristen Wiig) (Wonder Woman)
David Hyde/Black Manta (Yahya Abdul-Mateen II) (Aquaman)
Black Adam (Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson) (Shazam)
Eobard Thawne/Reverse Flash (The Flash) (who should play Eobard is the million dollar question)

Joker (Jared Leto) (Batman)

This makes for a pretty impressive line-up wouldn't you agree? I mean I wonder then how would the Legion of Doom fit into the Universe when we already have Suicide Squad and Suicide Squad is practically made up of villains right now even with Deadshot, Harley Quinn, Killer Croc, Flagg, Katana, Enchantress and then there's Waller on top of that

That’s my line up, I think they should introduce the villains in each film and that leads to their eventual team up. WB can get the audiences excited for seeing the villains team up.

That’s my line up, I think they should introduce the villains in each film and that leads to their eventual team up. WB can get the audiences excited for seeing the villains team up.

:up:

• Lex Luthor (someone other than Jesse Eisenberg)
  • Slade Wilson/Deathstroke (Joe Manganiello)
  • David Hyde/Black Manta (Yahya Abdul-Mateen II) (Aquaman)
  • Black Adam (Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson) (Shazam)
  • Eobard Thawne/Reverse Flash
  • Barbara Minerva/Cheetah (Kristen Wiig) (Wonder Woman)

I do think the list is missing Sinestro, and Joker would just be FUN. It'd be nice if there was a tech-based villain for Cyborg (I suppose in a Titans sense that Deathstroke is an arch-foe of Cyborg)...is a version of Braniac too much power for the cinematic Legion of Doom?

As much as this is a good list, it's pretty much an ensemble of the villains from our respective heroes. I'd rather have something different. Otherwise we run the risk of members being paired off against their nemesis.

That's kind of the point. They are not able to defeat their nemesi...nemese...their enemies by themselves, so they band together in a Legion to do so.

The advantage to this is that the characters will already have been introduced and development somewhat, like say, Loki was from THOR to AVENGERS, so they won't, in theory, be just mashing a bunch of villains together and expecting that to have weight. You could add a few supporting, Giganta, etc.

Half the point of the concept is that they aren't team players, and that causes all kinds of great conflict, betrayal, etc.

Also...Grodd.

Last edited:
I do think the list is missing Sinestro, and Joker would just be FUN.
Joker would be fun, but chaotic. If there's one villain that'll screw over the rest, it would be Joker, and the other villains would know that.

Regarding Sinestro, the only reason I left him out is because he isn't (of Earth). A DCEU Injustice League should be Earthbound. I think it would translate better.

That's kind of the point. They are not able to defeat their nemesi...nemese...their enemies by themselves, so they band together in a Legion to do so. Half the point of the concept is that they aren't team players, and that causes all kinds of great conflict, betrayal, etc. Also...Grodd.
The problem is we'd still have Arthur vs Manta, Diana vs Cheetah, Barry vs Eobard, etc. I'd want to see them mix it up a bit; Batman vs Manta, Superman vs Black Adam. Grodd is a good shout too.

I don't see why they can't just mix it up a bit. Just because their major foes are on the team doesn't mean they have to fight them 1 on 1.

The Riddler should be a part of the team.

the new lineup in the comics is perfect
Lex
Joker
Cheetah
Grodd
Sinestro
Black Manta

add Deathstroke and we're good

"According to the outlet, Hamada is focused on developing the forthcoming DC films as standalone stories and does not see the point of building towards a super-villain crossover for the time being. "

If that's true I guess I can see where Hamada's coming from.

"The concept had been teased during a post-credits scene for Justice League in which Lex Luthor summons Deathstroke to propose forming their own team"

Dammit! That was one of the few parts of JL that I liked! :cmad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"