• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Apocalypse Which film had your favorite Wolverine portrayal/performance?

The Batman

The Dark Knight
Reaction score
X:A marks Hugh Jackman's 8th performance as Wolverine. What's been your favorite Jackman appearance so far?

Keep in mind that "Favorite performance" doesn't necessarily have to mean "Favorite Film".

Jackman feels the most wolverine for me in X1 and that might be because jackman apparently didn't know how popular wolverine at the time and now every film since has almost had more and more weight on his shoulders

X2, perfect 'Weapon X' scenes.
Battle in mansion against soldiers was ideal Wolverine.

The Wolverine. Jackman was always good in the role but I feel like the older he got the better he was in the role. I felt like Jackman was Logan personified in The Wolverine. The way he looked, his mannerisms, his offbeat humor, he nailed it.

DoFP is a close second.

The Wolverine. Jackman was always good in the role but I feel like the older he got the better he was in the role. I felt like Jackman was Logan personified in The Wolverine. The way he looked, his mannerisms, his offbeat humor, he nailed it.

DoFP is a close second.

Go **** yourself pretty boy cause I agree.

The Wolverine for the Shingen fight alone. That moment cemented Jackman as Logan for me.

X2 is when I really became a xmen fan of Hugh jackman as wolverine. u got wolverine going bezerk at the mansion and one of the best cbm fights with death strike

I think he's gotten better over time for the most part. The Wolverine and Days Of Future Past are my favourite Jackman performances. I can appreciate his desire to bow out before he burns out, but I'd be fine with him sticking around for longer.

The Wolverine and X2 are the clear standouts.

XMenWolverine.jpg

X-Men

I am not counting the cameos because they are exactly that, little winks instead of full fledged performances (though he did most of the feral work in Apocalypse since the camera didn't).

1. X2: He was just as hungry for the character as in X1, but he had refined his accent and body language, and was honestly just more ripped in terms of physique.

2. The Wolverine: Jackman got hungry again, clearly feeling like he had to make up to the fans for his previous duds and did a great job refocusing the feral, animalistic side of Wolverine with an older weariness. Felt very Clint Eastwood-like.

3. X-Men: Looked like he stepped off the page on first viewing, and he just crushed it. A few slips of accent are the main reason it's not the top spot.

4. Days of Future Past: This might actually be his best performance but it was less Wolverine-like than the above three. This is mainly because he was playing an older, wiser, and more calm Logan, which he did beautifully. But like most fans, I do like it when Wolverine gets a little less mellow and starts digging his claws into things.

I don't want to include XOW and TLS, because in addition to being bad movies, they weren't very good performances as Wolverine. That's because Jackman and the filmmakers were recalibrating the character to make him more of a romantic hero and leader (TLS) and a generic action hero out of some dippy "Commando" vein in the other (XOW).

It is also why he was so good in The Wolverine, I suspect. He became aware he had let the character get away from him in favor of movie star clichés. So, he refocused and came back with a vengeance in the last two full performances he gave as the character.

I like X-men the best, didn't overshadow the rest of the cast and felt more like the Logan I remember from the comics.

The Wolverine is my runner up. The best marriage of his vulnerable and berserker side so far.

I'm hoping number three he really gets to shine.

DOFP Wolverine is my favorite portrayal.After that it's X-2. The other ones didnt feel like wolverine to me. Especially not in X-3 and origins.

X2

Then The Wolverine

But over-all, Hugh Jackman always brought his A-game to every X-Men movie that he was in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"