Homecoming Which film had your favorite Spider-Man portrayal/performance?

The Batman

The Dark Knight
Reaction score
Reminder: This isn't necessarily asking you what the best film is. Spider-Man 2 could be your favorite Spidey film, but say, Civil War could have your favorite Spidey performance.

The Amazing Spider-Man films. I just think Andrew's portrayal was excellent and we didn't get enough of Tom Holland in Civil War to really say one way or another.

I voted for TASM2 for two reasons: Spider-Man and Peter Parker.

1. Spider-Man, to me, was near pitch-perfect. Aside from a horrible botch (Spider-Man neglecting civilians in the opening scene to save one which just so happened to be Max Dillon), he was really well done. His humor was the best it's been on the big screen yet and I doubt it can be topped as of this moment.
    The way he swung around, the way he interacted with his city, it was just so fluid and real to me. I'm already missing Andrew in the role and I have doubts that'll change if Peter/Spidey from CW carries over to his solo film.

2. Peter Parker, to me, was better handled in this film than he was in TASM. He was less fidgety and more focused. He had guilt that haunted him all throughout the film. His interactions with Aunt May, while brief, were really well done, too. My only complaint is that they made him too focused on his parents. Honestly wish that was one-and-done in the previous film but I digress. Aside from that, I really enjoyed this take on the character.
Neither characterizations of the double life have been perfect yet, mind you, but I just really enjoyed Andrew in the role, especially now having read some comics and kinda pin-pointing possible inspiration for his portrayal. So yeah, TASM series as a whole I guess but to me namely TASM2.

If I could pick a second choice, it'd be Molina's Doc Ock in Spider-Man 2. Third choice would probably be Emma's Gwen Stacy, fourth being JK Simmons' JJJ, etc.

Edit: Read it wrong but at least the first bit still stands. :funny:

Last edited:
Spider-Man 2. Maguire really brought to life the inner turmoil of Peter's struggles as a superhero and living a normal life there.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 impressed me the most.
When he's not asking for anyone's help to make his webshooters electric resistant.

Spider-Man 2. Maguire really brought to life the inner turmoil of Peter's struggles as a superhero and living a normal life there.
Agreed. It explored what it means to be a hero. The sacrifices you have to make and the life you lead. It truly humanised the comic book world.

It's different.
Peter acts differently in each movie.

Hmm, in that case... I don't know which one to vote for.. I wanna go with Tom tbh

Agreed. It explored what it means to be a hero. The sacrifices you have to make and the life you lead. It truly humanised the comic book world.

I could type one of my typically long and overly-wordy posts and still never convey my sentiments as eloquently as you two have done here. Nicely put. :up:

SM1 and TASM2 for me

I think I gotta go with Spider-Man 2 for reasons already stated above by The Joker and AnneFan.

I really liked Tom's performance in CW, but definitely gotta see a bit more before saying he's the best.

I think I gotta go with Spider-Man 2 for reasons already stated above by The Joker and AnneFan.

I really liked Tom's performance in CW, but definitely gotta see a bit more before saying he's the best.

Agreed on Tom. :up:

FWIW I think Garfield did a great acting job, just don't think his material was up to par enough to consider him for this. Although the scene where he saves the geeky kid is pure Spidey!

I cry a little inside every time I realize how close Gyllenhaal was to playing Spider-Man.

Despite my problem with "Pinocchio Spider-Man" I feel like Tom brought energy and levity to the role in a way Garfield and Maguire didn't.. He's sooo close to being my favorite but that flaw/dent is what's holding him back imo.

Trying to decide which performance to vote for.

You and me both, buddy.

Jake-Gyllenhaal-Nightcrawler-GIF-pointing-laughing.gif

Spider-Man 2. There's no contest. Holland's Spider-Man has tons of potential going by his performance in Civil War. I hate Garfield's Spider-Man, they made the most likable character in the world unlikable.

Despite my problem with "Pinocchio Spider-Man" I feel like Tom brought energy and levity to the role in a way Garfield and Maguire didn't.. He's sooo close to being my favorite but that flaw/dent is what's holding him back imo.

Trying to decide which performance to vote for.
Nailing Peter Parker is more important to me. He's the heart and soul of the character. Hell...he IS the character. If I don't care about Peter, I don't care about Spider-Man. In that sense, I don't really care if Maguire's version doesn't quip that much. He still has geeky charm.

Spider-Man 2. There's no contest. Holland's Spider-Man has tons of potential going by his performance in Civil War. I hate Garfield's Spider-Man, they made the most likable character in the world unlikable.
goofysmile.png

:oldrazz:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"