• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Which Films Would You Completely "Reimagine"?

Superman Returns...and this time I would include Lexcorp and Brainiac. I would also include one alien planet Superman would have to visit mid-way through the movie where he would encounter a trap set by Brainiac.

I'd completely reimagine the Da vinci code by making a far more thrilling movie, with less talk and more action (not over the top though)!

i'd redo the jaguar lives and update it by having the hero and villian be female

anyone say Dragon Ball yet? this film hasn't even come out and i already want them to make the voices go away and replace them with bright lights......like Christmas!

Aliens vs Predator

I thought the 2nd movie was a marginal improvement over the 1st but both were still completely bad ideas executed even worse.

The entire concept of this movie deserves a space-based setting, not a location on Earth. Now I've never read one of the Dark Horse comics but I have played the two PC games and both were done very well in different ways, and elements of them needed to be used for a movie, like pitting Aliens vs Predators vs Humans (as in soldiers, scientists, etc) on a planet or space station. For the Predator side, making it about the hunt (like P1 and P2 did). For the Alien side, the instinct to multiply and decimate. For the Human side, the curiosity towards both species and trying to figure out a plan to dominate them (so the audience can't totally sympathize with the Humans and instead wants to root for the Aliens and Preds).

A great idea could have been done but instead we got Paul "I call myself an Alien fan" Anderson and two guys with music-video experience.

Ghost Rider
Daredevil
Power Rangers
Dragonball - Even though it isn't out yet
Street Fighter

I'm somewhat curious, would anyone reimagine Bram Stoker's Dracula?

Thematically, I'm sure there would be a great number of variations to Francis Ford Coppola's rendition. Would any fans of the novel omit the subsequent link between Vlad Tepes and Dracula found in the film? I still find the atmosphere tense and brooding, the cinematography brilliant and Kilar's musical score to be absolutely superb. It has a great ensemble cast, although Keanue Reeves stands out like a sore thumb. Any thoughts?

I'd do a straight adaptation. I'd eliminate the ties to Vlad Tepes and keep the brief mention of Dracula's origins as they were mentioned in the novel(a student of the black arts). I'd probably go all "Hammer Horror" on it, while keeping it subtle. Lots of mute colors, varying shades of blue. I'd also try to stress the realness of Victorian England and then stress the invading supernatural horror as something that has simply been pushed aside in favor of science as something very real. Anything the book presents will make it on screen.

I'm pretty sick of filmmakers taking their liberties with the novel, be it with characters, costumes, or the plot. But that's the problem with creativity. I started writing a detailed synopsis of my own take on the film, in such a way that would be both true to the novel and all the best films. I plotted out an opening prologue that takes place 10 years or so before the events of the book in which Van Helsing plans an attack on Castle Dracula, with a small army of men, including Renfield. But Renfield got cold feet and struck a bargain with Dracula. Renfield sabatoges the attack and loses his mind. Dracula slaughters everyone and Van Helsing just barely escapes. Van Helsing goes into a self-imposed exile due to his failure. And only years later when Lucy Westenra is attacked by Dracula does Van Helsing realize he has a chance to redeem himself.

The problem with that is, if i were to stay true to the novel after that, Van Helsing would take the back seat, unless i come up with something that works. It also explains Renfield. I don't think he needs to be explained(and i usually hate it when they explain things that don't need to be), but it's an interesting take on the character. In the novel, if i remember, he's just very weak minded and Dracula takes control of his mind. I might be mistaken, but i got the idea from "Dracula: Prince of Darkness", and the character of Ludwig.

Creativity is a *****, i say!

Other films i'd reimagine:

Batman Begins. I'll probably get crap for this, but i would have done more of a loose adaptation of Year One, while strictly keeping the tone of that graphic novel. Kind of like the Aronofsky/Miller script, only not as violent, and far more faithful. I'm more intrigued by a 70's style gritty action/crime/drama Batman film. And i'd try to keep the world open enough to allow for characters like Clayface or Manbat, or even all the other characters the way that they are, rather than making changes to their being to make them fit. But it would be faithful to the mythos and previous films, specifically Burton and Nolan's. It would be as if the mind of Anton Furst had a three-way love child with The French Connection and Death Wish in Hell.

and my personal favorite:

A reimagined, live action take on the stop-animation version of Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer as a rated R epic.:woot::woot:

It would open at the dawn of time and it's prophesized in the Elf Bible that the Reindeer Messiah with a red nose will come and save the world when it needs it most. Cut to thousands of years later. The Awgwas are responsible for plague, famine, war and death throughout the world. The one known as Claus wishes to help the world, but can't. Until the birth of a certain reindeer changes everything. Hermi is Rudolph's best pal, struggling to find himself. And Yukon Cornelius used to deliver things to all the villages. He was also a big drunk. And one day, he was supposed to deliver medicine to a dying village but got drunk instead. The whole village dies and he goes into exile in the arctic until Rudolph finds him and gives him the chance for redemption. It would be filled with epic battles, violence, and love. It would be awesome. Gotta work out the kinks though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"