• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

BvS Which Green Lantern should be used?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its sad that you cant tell a good GL strory without the GL corps.Thats like saying you cant tell a good Batman story without Batman family

I think its sad that you cant tell a good GL strory without the GL corps.Thats like saying you cant tell a good Batman story without Batman family
Why do you suppose you can't make a good GL story without the corps?
It CAN be done

Green Lantern is like any other character, with a different tool. Not someone denied a great story potential on his own

They should make a female green lantern. Honestly none of the lanterns have anything interesting, Hal Jordan being on of the less likable and *****iest superheroes in all comics, so i would just make another character. I don't think they will ever do this, even though there is a female green lantern coming to dc comics, but i think it would be quite refreshing to see that, if not it will be a major sausage fest

It doesn't have to be a boys' club: as well as Wonder Woman we could have Hawkgirl, Zatanna, Vixen, Black Canary etc. Though I am not exactly a Green Lantern purist, I would prefer him to be left out altogether than have a major character and League member who is invented purely for the movies.

It doesn't have to be a boys' club: as well as Wonder Woman we could have Hawkgirl, Zatanna, Vixen, Black Canary etc. Though I am not exactly a Green Lantern purist, I would prefer him to be left out altogether than have a major character and League member who is invented purely for the movies.

Zatanna would be really really fun as well, i would love to see that on screen. It would be really ballsy to make a new character just for the movies. If they did that i think a lantern would be the best choice, just because none of the 5 lanterns currently in comics isn't very interesting no one would really mind, but if they went for a totally new hero that would be really cool to see

Making a new Green Lantern for the movies... just so the team isn't a sausagefest... no thank you.

The funny thing is, there ARE in fact female GL's from Earth. Two of them in fact. Jade, the daughter of Alan Scott and ex-Girlfriend of Kyle Rayner, and Jessica Cruz, who was just introduced in the New 52.

I don't know you but I want Cooper as Flash or GL. He'll give us the sense of humor of either Flash or GL. I liked him in American Hustle.

I don't know you but I want Cooper as Flash or GL. He'll give us the sense of humor of either Flash or GL. I liked him in American Hustle.
I'd love it if Cooper joined the cast, idk how likely that is though.

I want him for Green Lantern.

Hawkgirl or Zatanna would be my choices.

I think we all know which GL should be used. B'dg

GLBdg2.jpg

Kilowog is still my favorite Green Lantern, and he had his adventures siding with the Justice League
He should be the Green Lantern of the movie, if no human is used

Hawkgirl or Zatanna would be my choices.

I seem to be alone in really liking Vixen. I could see her as a vehicle for introducing the metaphysical aspects of the DCU; the red, the green, the grey and the rot. I love that stuff.

#SwampThingSoloMovie2020

I think we all know which GL should be used. B'dg

GLBdg2.jpg

I thought we had all agreed that Bzzd was the most badass Green Lantern of all.

I seem to be alone in really liking Vixen. I could see her as a vehicle for introducing the metaphysical aspects of the DCU; the red, the green, the grey and the rot. I love that stuff.

#SwampThingSoloMovie2020

I don't know that much about Vixen, but that little snippet you wrote sounds interesting...hmm.

Another thing- as an African superheroine, she is basically an open goal for Lupita Nyong'o, one of the most exciting talents in movies at the moment.

/on topic: Kyle Rayner could be DC movies Peter Parker, discuss.

^ I would love to see Lupita in a DC movie! I might be able to come around to Vixen.

Sorry for the off-topic.

If they pick Hal for GL, I'd like Bradley Cooper to play him.

If they pick John, I'd like Elba. I know he gets fancast so often, but he has one of those heroic faces that would suit a superhero role. Actually, like Cavill, his whole look and demeanor suits such a role.

Last edited:
Another thing- as an African superheroine, she is basically an open goal for Lupita Nyong'o, one of the most exciting talents in movies at the moment.

coincidentally,
250px-SoranikNatu.jpg

I'm all for it. Rayner would be great, I'm rereading Morrison's JLA run, and I love both Kyle and Wally in there...I really wouldn't mind if Wally was the movie Flash either.

One scenario I could see working... I'd love a Hal centric Green Lantern tv show in the CW universe. Then we'd have Barry and Hal as lead characters on tv, that'd be enough live action material from them for me. If they did that, I wouldn't mind seeing Kyle (or John) and Wally in the movies.

The funny thing is, there ARE in fact female GL's from Earth. Two of them in fact. Jade, the daughter of Alan Scott and ex-Girlfriend of Kyle Rayner, and Jessica Cruz, who was just introduced in the New 52.

Jade is not a GL and hasn't been since Kyle unlocked her powers from her father. The ring was simply her way of channeling what power her father had passed to her. Oh and not to mention a ****ing ****e for how she treated Kyle.

Jessica Cruz is power ring, not a GL. Earth 3's version of a GL that is evil.

They should make a female green lantern.

There are several.

Honestly none of the lanterns have anything interesting, Hal Jordan being on of the less likable and *****iest superheroes in all comics,

So out of 3600 characters you don't find a single one interesting? And what makes Hal unlikable and *****ey?

so i would just make another character. I don't think they will ever do this, even though there is a female green lantern coming to dc comics, but i think it would be quite refreshing to see that, if not it will be a major sausage fest

You don't think they'll make a female Green Lantern even though you know for a fact there is going to be a female Green Lantern from Earth, in addition to Anya Savenlovich and the (at least) dozens of other ones from other Sectors? :huh: Or do you mean for the movies?

And I see the post about her being Power Ring and not Green Lantern. She was mentioned in Johns' last issue of Green Lantern, where she was referred to as the first female Green Lantern from Earth.

Last edited:
i don't know you but i want cooper as flash or gl. He'll give us the sense of humor of either flash or gl. I liked him in american hustle.

shut up about cooper already just shut up shut up shut uuuuuuup!!!!!

Zod's motivations in MoS make no sense.

If we are talking female Lanterns,
I hope we see Katma Tui someday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"