Who are DC's most popular characters right now?

danlav05

Civilian
Reaction score
DC's poster boy for years was Superman but it seems Batman has taken over in the last decade or so. The Joker and Harley are also insanely popular?

In a world dominated by Marvel, who else are DC's most popular characters do you reckon? Wonder Woman is quite an icon and Aquaman sounds like his movie has potential to be successful.

It's been Batman & Superman. The characters with the most actors adapting them.
Between Smallville, Gotham, Krypton, and an upcoming Alfred...they're the most adapted in general going as far as these unconventional prequels being a thing.
Behind those two, you have the rest of the costumed Batfamily and The Flash.
WW may be an icon, but they've utilized Harley Quinn & Catwoman more across various media.

It's been Batman & Superman. The characters with the most actors adapting them.
Between Smallville, Gotham, Krypton, and an upcoming Alfred...they're the most adapted in general going as far as these unconventional prequels being a thing.
Behind those two, you have the rest of the costumed Batfamily and The Flash.
WW may be an icon, but they've utilized Harley Quinn & Catwoman more across various media.

I have to agree - Batman has been a goldmine for years and Harley you see everywhere.

Batman
Superman
Wonder Woman
The Joker
Harley Quinn
Supergirl
The Flash
Arrow
Teen Titans

Aquaman is going to join that list.

Don’t underestimate how many people know about Green Arrow and The Flash. Netflix has done wonders for those characters in terms of cultural awareness. Those shows have been on the air for a while now too.

The Titans have existed in some form on television virtually non stop since 2003. There’s no doubt that these characters have entered the cultural lexicon. Teen Titans Go! pretty much dominates Cartoon Network’s programming, Young Justice is back by popular demand, TTG got an animated movie released theatrically, and now we’ve got a live action series. There’s no doubt that they’ve joined the list. I list them as a group because they’re more popular as a team than individually.

Last edited:
As far as the general public is concerned?

1. Batman
2. Wonder Woman
3. Harley Quinn
4. Joker

Below that I'd say Superman (he's taken a hit with the DCEU but Hoechlin is well liked), Supergirl, Flash, and Green Arrow. Not sure what order I'd put them in, although I think Arrow would be last.

If we are going right now? Superman might be top 5. Times are changing.

Superman and Batman are not as popular like once were. Most movies have failed since Nolan trilogy which include failures like Superman returns, man of steel, Batman v Superman, justice League. CW shows are more popular in characters like Green Arrow, Flash, Supergirl, legends of tomorrow, hopefully batwoman series. Cancelled marvel shows like Daredevil, Iron Fist, and others were very popular but idiots stopped them. Characters like Iron man, Captain America, Thor, guardians, black Panther, iron man are very popular and most made over billion dollars. It's time that movies for Superman or Batman need to stop for a long time unless its a non Bruce Wayne or Clark Kent version like McGinnis, Jean Paul Valley, Thomas Wayne, etc movies. The only Superman Clark Kent that needs to remain is a CW Superman series with Tyler who is amazing as the character and great to watch in the role and since Lois is casted with Elizabeth Tulloch and Lex will be played by Jon Cryer put them in series too as main cast. Both were always my favorite as a child but sadly the movies are stale, confusing, same old characters used, and given to directors who ruin them. All characters need to end eventually no matter how good they are, or at least put to rest awhile and focus on DC characters not used in solo live films which there are plenty.

DC's poster boy for years was Superman but it seems Batman has taken over in the last decade or so. The Joker and Harley are also insanely popular?

In a world dominated by Marvel, who else are DC's most popular characters do you reckon? Wonder Woman is quite an icon and Aquaman sounds like his movie has potential to be successful.

Batman took over in the mid 80's :hehe: Superman has been lagging behind for a while now.

Looks like we might be able to add Aquaman to that list soon.

Superman and Batman are not as popular like once were. Most movies have failed since Nolan trilogy which include failures like Superman returns, man of steel, Batman v Superman, justice League. CW shows are more popular in characters like Green Arrow, Flash, Supergirl, legends of tomorrow, hopefully batwoman series. Cancelled marvel shows like Daredevil, Iron Fist, and others were very popular but idiots stopped them. Characters like Iron man, Captain America, Thor, guardians, black Panther, iron man are very popular and most made over billion dollars. It's time that movies for Superman or Batman need to stop for a long time unless its a non Bruce Wayne or Clark Kent version like McGinnis, Jean Paul Valley, Thomas Wayne, etc movies. The only Superman Clark Kent that needs to remain is a CW Superman series with Tyler who is amazing as the character and great to watch in the role and since Lois is casted with Elizabeth Tulloch and Lex will be played by Jon Cryer put them in series too as main cast. Both were always my favorite as a child but sadly the movies are stale, confusing, same old characters used, and given to directors who ruin them. All characters need to end eventually no matter how good they are, or at least put to rest awhile and focus on DC characters not used in solo live films which there are plenty.

Well, Superman Returns happened before the dark knight trilogy. The fact is, MoS failed to start a franchise, and BvS & were really, really bad. But I doubt it affected (or has anything to do with) Batman's popularity; he's the number #1 in DC and will make money (probably the only character, alongside Spidey, who can bounce back and be successful after bad movies), unlike Superman.

Nowadays, I'd say the top are:

Batman
Wonder Woman
Joker
Harley

Superman is probably 5th right now, but, after Aquaman and Shazam, not to mention Flash and the other upcoming movies, it will probably change.
Things have, indeed, changed. The whole "iconic" stuff doesn't mean much nowadays.

At this point, this is how it looks to me:

1. Batman
  2. Wonder Woman
  3. The Joker
  4. Harley Quinn
  5. Supergirl
  6. Arrow
  7. The Flash
  8. Superman
  9. Teen Titans

At this point, this is how it looks to me:

1. Batman
  2. Wonder Woman
  3. The Joker
  4. Harley Quinn
  5. Supergirl
  6. Arrow
  7. The Flash
  8. Superman
  9. Teen Titans
Looks about right as of this exact moment. I think Superman will get back near the top at some point, even if through non-film media, and Aquaman should soon be registering too if his film really takes off.

Batman
Superman
Wonder Woman
The Joker
Harley Quinn
Supergirl
The Flash
Arrow
Teen Titans

Don’t underestimate how many people know about Green Arrow and The Flash. Netflix has done wonders for those characters in terms of cultural awareness. Those shows have been on the air for a while now too.

The Titans have existed in some form on television virtually non stop since 2003. There’s no doubt that these characters have entered the cultural lexicon. Teen Titans Go! pretty much dominates Cartoon Network’s programming, Young Justice is back by popular demand, TTG got an animated movie released theatrically, and now we’ve got a live action series. There’s no doubt that they’ve joined the list. I list them as a group because they’re more popular as a team than individually.

This is the most accurate list, and yes Teen Titans have a huge fandom

Can we already add SHAZAM! ? Or should we wait

Let's wait a bit more, even though I'm positive he'll be in this list.

I need to Flash become more popular, he and Batman has always been my fave DC superheroes, both will always have a special spot in my heart

@Rorschach nailed it imo

Batman
Superman
Wonder Woman
The Joker
Harley Quinn
Supergirl
The Flash
Arrow
Teen Titans

I need to Flash become more popular, he and Batman has always been my fave DC superheroes, both will always have a special spot in my heart
His show has given him a big boost. We need him to get his own film now asap.

His show has given him a big boost. We need him to get his own film now asap.

yep, Ezra said its gonna happen but not soon, i just hope they wait at least 3 movies 4 flashpoint :argh: idk why they r so obssesed with that smh

yep, Ezra said its gonna happen but not soon, i just hope they wait at least 3 movies 4 flashpoint :argh: idk why they r so obssesed with that smh
Couldn’t agree more. Give us Flashooint later when the universe is more developed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"