World Who are the B and C list villains?

Venom75

Sidekick
Reaction score
When I look at the list of Spider-man's enemies the "Big 3" always come to mind:Green Goblin,Venom and Doc Ock.
I consider them the "A" villains,or the top Spider-man foes. They pose the biggest threat to Spidey,are the most popular and are loved/embraced by most fans.
But when you look at everyone who comes after,all the remaining Spider-man enemies,who would you rank as the "B" and "C" list villains,and who barely even registers as a villain(those characters that are really pathetic)?
I would think that the next level of great villains would include: The Lizard,Sandman,Mysterio and Kraven(maybe even Carnage).
I would just like to hear everyone else's thoughts. :yay:

IMO, Mysterio (Quentin Beck that is) was elevated to A list with the whole Gaurdian Devil plot.

B-list Villians-Carnage, Shocker, Morbius, Hammerhead, The Enforcers. (These guys are VERY VERY close to being A-list Villians though), Molten-Man, Man-Wolf, The Enforcers.

C-list Villians-Calypso, Jackal, Maybe Vermin, but I'm not sure.

I'd say B listers consist of:

Morbius, Man-Wolf, Molten Man, Hydro-man, Hammerhead...

And Some C listers would be:

Swarm, Boomerang, Chance, Whizzer...

I'm not sure how exactly to translate it into letter grades so I'm doing it pretty roughly, but there's definitely a tier system.

Number Uno: (A plus) Green Goblin

Top Tier: (A) Doc Ock, Venom

The very next tier: (A minus or B plus) The other Sinister Six members (Mysterio, Electro, Vulture, Kraven, Sandman), as well as the Lizard, Carnage, and the Hobgoblin.

The tier after that: (B-plus) Rhino, Shocker, Scorpion, Chameleon

Those fifteen are all the main villains, the ones who significantly appear in most mediums of the character, there's a big drop-off after that. The rest of the categories are pretty fuzzy:

After that: (B-listers) Morbius, Hammerhead, Tombstone, Hydro-Man, Jackal (sometimes get own storylines)

After that (B-minus, C-plus): Vermin, Molten Man, Man-Wolf, the Beetle etc. (Can carry their own storyline, but it sucks when they do, and don't appear often)

Next tier (C-listers) Carrion, the Tinkerer, Calypso, Boomerang, etc.

The first 15 I mentioned are pretty much set as his top villains. The only ones could could compete for a spot there at different points in time are the Jackal, Kingpin, and Morlun.

Jackal should be higher because of his importance, and his status as Spidey's main and most re-occurring villain in the mid-90's...but since Marvel has basically denied that the Clone Saga ever happened, they've also denied that the Jackal has ever existed since 1998, so you can't help but place him lower.
Kingpin was in the top for awhile, but ever since he became Daredevil's number one adversary you really can't put him in the list of "biggest Spider-Man villains," since he's not primarily known as a Spidey villain anymore, and hasn't shown up as much in there.
JMS wanted to force Morlun into the top tier, but the fans didn't buy it.

A List
Green Goblin, Doc Ock, Venom, Hobgoblin (Kingsley), Jackal

B List
Mysterio, Kraven, Chameleon, Electro, Vulture, Carnage, Harry Osborn, Kingpin

C List
Sandman, Morbius, Hobgoblin (MacEndale), Vermin, Shocker

D List
Hammerhead, Hydro-Man, Molten Man, Man-Wolf, Carrion, Gray Goblin etc

A-list - Venom, Doc Ock, Green Goblin

B-list - Carnage, Shocker, Rhino, Scorpion, Mysterio, Vulture, Sandman, Lizard, Kraven

C-list - Calypso, Jackal, Vermin, Morbius, Chameleon, Hydro-Man, Molten Man, Puma, Frog-Man...

D-list - Man-Wolf, Carrion, Swarm, Boomerang, Gibbon, Walrus, Whizzer...

Yea I kinda went all out on my list lol :oldrazz:

A List
Green Goblin, Doc Ock, Venom (only for popularity, he'd be a B w/out it)

B List
Kraven, Hobgoblin, GG2(Harry), Jackal, Chameleon, Kingpin, Lizard, Electro, Scorpion, Mysterio, Sandman, Vulture, Shocker, Rhino

C List
Black Tarantula, Carnage, Morbius, Calypso, Hydro-Man, Hammerhead, Tarantula, Vermin, Tombstone, Shriek, Morlun, The Smythes

D List

Tinkerer, The Enforcers, Swarm, Spot, Man-Wolf, Fusion, Demogoblin, Doppelganger, Carrion, Will o' the Wisp

After that (B-minus, C-plus): Vermin, Molten Man, Man-Wolf, the Beetle etc. (Can carry their own storyline, but it sucks when they do, and don't appear often)

I disagree. I've read excellent stories with ALL those villains.

A list-Green goblin,Doc Ock,VenomLizard,Sinster Six,
B list-Scorpion,Carnage,Shocker,Sandman,Kraven, Hobgoblin,Rhino,
C list-Electro,Mysterio,Vulture,Hydro-Man,Morbius,Chameleon,
D list-Man-Wolf,Hammerhead,Calypso,Shriek,Swarm,

I don't know about all of you, but I think electro deserves a higher spot. I'd say very close to A-list, afterall, whenever him and Spidey faced, it was one hell of a battle.

Maybe it's' just me. But I see Carnage, Lizard, Elctro as A-List villians. But that's just me.

Villians like Hydro-Man, Morbius, Man-Wolf, yeah, those guys fall from the top slot.

Stilt-Man (although a DD villian, but also faced Spidey) Would be considered someone as an example for C-D list.

Why're we all putting Jackal as a C-List villain? Have we forgotten that he ****ed with Spider-Man's head almost as badly as Norman Osborn when he flipped Parker for Reilly? :huh:

Why're we all putting Jackal as a C-List villain? Have we forgotten that he ****ed with Spider-Man's head almost as badly as Norman Osborn when he flipped Parker for Reilly? :huh:

Lookie here :oldrazz:

B List
Kraven, Hobgoblin, GG2(Harry), Jackal, Chameleon, Kingpin, Lizard, Electro, Scorpion, Mysterio, Sandman, Vulture, Shocker, Rhino

Huzzah!

I think we're really limiting ourselves with a trio as the "A-Listers."

I personally think a hero should only have only a few A listers, to show that these are the best of the best (i.e. Batman- Joker and Ras). But I mean just because the bulk are B listers, doesn't mean they haven't done their share of damage :hyper:

Remember, folks. My list pertains strictly to Spider-Man villains.

"A" List villains:

• Green Goblin (Norman Osborn)
  • Venom (Eddie Brock)
  • Doctor Octopus (Otto Octavius)
  • J. Jonah Jameson
  • Kingpin (Wilson Fisk)
  • Burglar (Identity unknown)
  • Scorpion (Mac Gargan)
  • Shocker (Herman Schultz)
  • Sandman (Flint Marko)
  • Kraven The Hunter (Sergi Kravenov)
  • The Lizard (Dr. Curt Conners)
  • Jackal (Dr. Miles Warren)
"B" Listers:
  • Green Goblin II (Harry Osborn)
  • Hobgoblin I (Roderick Kingsley)
  • Mysterio (Quentin Beck)
  • Hydro Man (Morris Bench)
  • Chameleon (Dmitri Smerdyakov)
  • Electro (Max Dillon)
  • Rhino (Alexander O'Hirn)
  • Morlun
  • Morbius (Michael Morbius)
  • Hammerhead (Identity Unknown)
  • Tombstone (Lonnie Lincoln)
  • Vulture I (Adrian Toomes)
"C" Listers:

• Any further incarnations of other villains (I.E. Hobgoblin II, Vulture II, Green Goblin II-V, etc.)
  • Carnage (Cletus Cassidy)
  • Beetle (Abner Jenkins)
  • Tinkerer (Phineas Mason)
  • Carrion (Miles Warren II)
  • Calypso (Calypso Ezili)
  • The Rose (Richard Fisk)
  • Doppelganger
  • Grizzly (Maxwell Markham)
  • Spot (Johnathon Ohnn)
  • Jack O'Lantern (Jason Macendale)
  • Kaine (Peter Parker)
"D" Listers:

• Any further Symbiotes (I.E. Toxin, Scream, Hybrid, et al.)
  • Any further clones (I.E. Spidercide)
  • Boomerang (Fred Myers)
  • Arcade (Identity unknown)
  • Kangaroo (Brian Hibbs)
  • Mirage (Desmond Charne)
  • Ringer (Anthony Davis)
  • Shriek (Sandra Deel)
  • Silvermane (Silvio Manfredi)
  • Spider-Slayers
  • Smythe (Alistair Smythe)

I personally think a hero should only have only a few A listers, to show that these are the best of the best (i.e. Batman- Joker and Ras). But I mean just because the bulk are B listers, doesn't mean they haven't done their share of damage :hyper:
It seems to me that the A-Listers are only characters who've appeared in movies. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"