Sequels Who could be used as a villain for Thor 4

Tg11

Superhero
Reaction score
If Thor 4 is a reality and it does get made then who can become the villain for this film?

Lots of choices but Mangog and Desak stand out in my mind. An adaptation of The Reigning would be fascinating and is a story where Thor himself almost becomes the villain. A plot involving the Celestials / Eternals would be sweet too - especially since Feige name dropped them recently. Whatever happens I think it's time for Beta Ray Bill to show up.

Or how about the Olympians

Lots of choices but Mangog and Desak stand out in my mind. An adaptation of The Reigning would be fascinating and is a story where Thor himself almost becomes the villain. A plot involving the Celestials / Eternals would be sweet too - especially since Feige name dropped them recently. Whatever happens I think it's time for Beta Ray Bill to show up.

I'd go with one of these two! Mangog was my choice, already. And after Feige mentioned the Eternals, I think introducing them in a Thor movie would be perfect.

Or how about the Olympians

I badly want to see Hercules in the MCU (Thor/Herc is my favorite buddy pairing in comics) but if the Eternals come around then I could see Feige merging the two concepts (Olympians/Eternals). It was hard enough to juggle having two pantheons so similar in the comics - Zuras vs. Zeus etc. - I don't think audiences will buy it. But just make Hercules one of the Eternals. It also might put a refreshing spin on what could be seen as yet another Greek mythology rehash. Maybe even use the Eternals as a premise for all the pantheons because it would be awesome to see Set in the MCU.

I'd go with one of these two! Mangog was my choice, already. And after Feige mentioned the Eternals, I think introducing them in a Thor movie would be perfect.

Yeah if I only get one more Thor villain on the big screen it has to be Mangog!

I was also thinking that with
Loki's demise
we could have room for another sorcerer like Amora. We really haven't seen Niflheim. What if Amora brought back Skurge in a twist? And who wouldn't want more Hela?

Also Ulik has yet to show his face. We still haven't seen Alfheim. Lastly I've pretty much given up hope but man would I love to see Balder and Karnilla.

I want the Enchantress.

But Olympians and or Eternals and Celestials would be great as well.

Olympians; introduce Greek mythology that whole mythos into the MCU via Thor 4

Beta Ray Bill and the Celestials both appearing in the movie would get my vote.

Bill and Thor would end up fighting side-by-side at some point, but they would probably start out fighting each other.

I think Bill would have to be handled differently than in the comics, because I don't think that the "worthiness" enchantment can really be a focus anymore. The films mostly seem to have left that idea behind, I think probably for the best.

But Bill doesn't need that to be interesting. He's a very compelling character without having to worry about that.

And the Celestials represent the type of awe-inspiring threat that Thor and Bill would need as a challenge.

What if Thor appers in next Thor, Guardians of Galaxy , Spiderman or Dr Strange(would fit in perfectly)

Odins older Brother , Hela, Surtur or they all working together.

and more villians and heroes like we got in other marvel movies already,

Enchantress and Executioner could be good and powerfull minions
also Malekith and the casket of eternal winter and ice elfs would work all great together.

Dr Strange, Thor and Ironman would be great in a cross over.

Dr Strange has a villian Nighmare that could be used too in some ways?

What if Thor appers in next Thor, Guardians of Galaxy , Spiderman or Dr Strange(would fit in perfectly).
I would very much approve of Thor joining the Guardians for Vol 3; even if it's just temporary. Presumably he can only travel to planets he knows exist, and if he's otherwise looking for the remaining of his people, he's going to need a ship.

We've heard also that Vol 3 (of Guardians) will be the last time we see the original group (I guess, including Mantis) together, so I'm wondering whether they could have some characters (maybe Rocket & Groot) join Thor on his quests in a Thor 4 film.

I wouldn't turn down a scene between Groot & Korg.

Mantis could join the Avengers, whilst Nebula goes off to do her own thing. Depending on Gamora, Quill and her could potentially retire, or go their own way (together). Not entirely sure what they could do with Drax though.

There is a mine of different villains and stories to be explored.

Mangog
Midgard Serpent
Ulik
Mephisto
Desak

These could be used as main villains. Stories revolving Mangog or the Midgard Serpent would be cool. I think a Mephisto story would also be very interesting if he was the main antagonist, he could be pulling the strings for or working with someone else like a decayed Hela... He could kind of replace the trickster aspect from Loki and be the one orchestrating stuff.
---------------

Beta Ray Bill
Silver Surfer
Hercules
Zeus
Ares

These are not necessarily villains but could be used as such to turn later on to the good side. BRB is the priority, Silver Surfer is still a dream and he could even hint at Galactus... Zeus, Hercules and Ares. Those would fit too if we could branch out to other pantheons.
---------------

Eternals
Celestials
Galactus

These are the bigger fish to fry. Something related to the Eternals could work. A celestial would also be a pretty impressive thing and Galactus is once again a dream, just a hint would be enough.

There could also be a different approach to the "villain", more of a personal struggle for Thor... Maybe he starts becoming the villain of his own story.
And i mean of course the Warrior Madness aspect. Thor losing himself gradually...

In IW it's revealed by Thor that none of the Guardians could wield a weapon as powerful as Stormbreaker because it would drive them insane. I could easily see that being used as foreshadowing for the future. It would naturally fit and become a natural progression to a character that lost everything and starts falling into a spiral of negativity... one that is enhanced by Thor's insatiable thirst for battle, the sick power of Stormbreaker, some kind of post traumatic stress... It could be a very interesting approach for a new story and in that context BRB could wield Stormbreaker after a fight a berserker Thor fights against BRB and eventually it's the alien that picks the axe...

The hook for the story could be that Thor was missing and they wanted to find him. He could have been exiled in a planet somewhere away from everything... I'm just throwing ideas out there. :woot:

fc38f82c1bb05df1f14ae6391045ce1333279297_hq.jpg

main-qimg-3c08c9083b370194cf1977c8bad6f0e7

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"