The Force Awakens Who do you think will be the big actor to come out of New Trilogy?

well Boyega is going to have the hardest chance and stardom. Because hes a black man, and Hollywood usually seems to be kind to 3 types of black actors. the funny comedian type ala kevin hart, the handsome charming will smith type, or the tall rugged sex symbol like idris elba or denzel.

Do not compare Boyega to Lautner please. Boyega is a far better actor. And no, I'm not saying this because I hate Twilight. I'm saying this because Lautner is crap compared to Boyega.

well lautner had one major advantage of Boyega, Lautner became a sex symbol and had a huge female fan base. Boyega is a far better actor, not as attractce but hes also better then channing tatum whos a major sex symbol.

you'd think but remember lupita won an oscar and all kinds of attention.. and her next high profile gig came 5 years later in a voice actor role.:whatever:

Why do so many people seem offended Lupita is just a voice role.

I think Boyega already had some recognition from Attack the Block which as a surprisingly large following on both sides of the Atlantic.

lupita_nyongo_oscar_win_2014_19h7u8q-19h7u94.jpg

because she won and oscar in a supporting role, is young and beautiful and got much "love" and hype from the industry during that time so one would assume that would translate into bigger film roles.And since that oscar win..nothing and the one time we do see her work its as a voice in a movie where she's not the star.

As much as I would like to see Daisy Ridley and John Boyega become big stars... it's too early to say. It's ultimately up to them to parlay the SW recognition into successful careers outside of the franchise. If they can do that, great. But they'll have to push back against the typecasting that will follow, since they're both still starting out in the industry.

However, for the more established actors, TFA will be a big boon. Especially Oscar Isaac.

Why do people say she's just a voice role? She was there on set in a mo-cap suit, in addition to her voice.

Her role was small but crucial.

Why do people say she's just a voice role? She was there on set in a mo-cap suit, in addition to her voice.

Her role was small but crucial.

Wish they had simply given her make up. CG character took me out of the movie a little.

Voted all of them aside from Gleeson. Isaac is already shaping up to be a big star (Apocalypse anyone?) but the other three all showed enormous talent (Gleeson did as well I just don't see a more minor role like his propelling his career forward to much).

As much as I would like to see Daisy Ridley and John Boyega become big stars... it's too early to say. It's ultimately up to them to parlay the SW recognition into successful careers outside of the franchise. If they can do that, great. But they'll have to push back against the typecasting that will follow, since they're both still starting out in the industry.

However, for the more established actors, TFA will be a big boon. Especially Oscar Isaac.

there were many established actors in the PT..how was being in that a boon to their careers?

They were in the PT for Chrissakes... not exactly a high point with Lucas's rancid scripts. It didn't do anything for Natalie Portman's career, nor Ewan McGregor or Liam Neeson's for that matter.

Hopefully this will turn out differently for these actors.

I definitely think Ridley will get the most out of this film. Other than Harrison Ford, she's the star of the show here. Isaac was good, but his role was too small for him to get that big of a bounce.

They were in the PT for Chrissakes... not exactly a high point with Lucas's rancid scripts. It didn't do anything for Natalie Portman's career, nor Ewan McGregor or Liam Neeson's for that matter.

Hopefully this will turn out differently for these actors.

I'm trying to think of an actor whose career was helped by the PT, and the only one I can even think of is Ray Park and it isn't like he ever became a big star.

It would be a shame if Daisy is only known for Star Wars, and fades into obscurity after her run as Rey; although i can see this happening. She has discussed wanting to return to school for a degree.

If Ridley wants to go back to school, she could do classes during filming on Episode VIII and then do on-campus studies after wrapping. Disney and Lucasfilm could splash out on a private tutor easily. If she's careful and manages her education and film career well, she can do both.

If Ridley wants to go back to school, she could do classes during filming on Episode VIII and then do on-campus studies after wrapping. Disney and Lucasfilm could splash out on a private tutor easily. If she's careful and manages her education and film career well, she can do both.

She IS doing both at the same time. She's taking online courses starting in January. During production on Episode VIII(which also begins filming in January) she'll basically be doing her studying in her downtime on set and on weekends. She clarified in an interview that she's not going for a degree as a "plan b" or because she wants to leave acting behind, but simply because she values having an education. If it does end up being a "plan b" scenario, then good on her for having enough sense to already be thinking ahead at such a young age.

Not sure Isaac really applies since he was pretty regularly established before this film, and he's got other big roles lined up.

Domnhall Gleeson was also a steadily working performer beforehand too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"