Who here considers him or herself a full-on Snyderverse fan?

I must admit that I was very excited when Snyder was announced as a director of MoS.
I adore his visual style, it just works for DC properties, IMO. It is so "comic booky", exactly how I have always imagined live action DC to look like. There is a certain stylization about DC in contrast to Marvel, which I think Snyder's visuals nail perfectly. I can't explain it.

But (a very big "but"), he definitely needs better scripts or a better team, better consultants or whatever. MoS was very good, but it was a clash between Snyder style and Nolan style of filmmaking, so it did feel a bit disjointed. BvS was OK, I get what they were trying to do, but the script needed a lot of work. If they let the Snyderverse develop more naturally, instead of cramming everything into BvS, it would have been much better received, IMO. MoS 2 and a Batman film before BvS would have helped a lot. There is a reason why MCU is less messy, they let the audience get to know main characters before cramming every bit of lore down the audience's throat.

As for JL Shyder Cut, I know I'm going to like how it looks, I just hope the story and flow are as good as the visuals.

I agree completely. When I first heard that Zack was going to do MOS I was really hyped. I grew up with Reeve, Cain, and STAS but was let down by SR. But having Zack doing the movie (with a good script by Nolan and Goyer) MOS became the last movie I’ve seen multiple times in the theaters! I love his camera style, cgi and action scenes (although he could have shaved about 5 minutes off the last fight)
For all the Goyer hate, I believe they should’ve listened him and Nolan about Supes not killing Zod (could’ve just maneuvered him into the PS) cause Goyer is a better STORYTELLER plus he knows the source material. I believe if they had let Goyer take a leading role in shepherding the DCEU the story would’ve been a lot better. Terrio just didn’t know the source material. I just imagine how BvS would’ve been had he told the story was told without Terrio. First I believe that Goyer and Zack would’ve stuck to their guns like they wanted to initially with MOS when he was asked about Batman and the rest of the Justice League and he said I just want to get Superman’s house in order first. I would think that just like TDK Goyer could’ve gotten Jonah Nolan onboard with a great MOS sequel and THEN introduce a new DCEU Batman in his own new movie. Man, what could’ve been!

I am not at all, BUT I have to say I’m kind of excited about his upcoming JL version. At first I didn’t care, but my interest in it is wayyyy up now, I think it could be pretty cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"