Comics Who here is done?

B

ben_reilly_s_s

Ok, it seems to me that a lot of people are really pissed about this.
So, my question is this:
Who is dropping Spider-Man and / or Marvel?
What books are you dropping?

I dropped every single Marvel book at the conclusion of Sins Past.
I also sold every comic I ever owned.
The only ones I am getting, I am downloading. And they are all Civil War related. I will not ever give Marvel another cent. Except for their cut of Movie ticket prices.

Overreact much?

After Civil War I've contemplated droppin' Spidey. Let's see if I can overcome my completionist attitude.

Not really, I was also moving, and needed the money.

Well see, you should say that so people won't look at you funny.

Around sins past... I Dropped buying MARVEL COMICS... the only way AMrvel gets my cash is through ML, Movies, their "Ultimate Guides" and the occasional Videogame.. but not from comic books...

Yes I know that I can get info from the Web, but I also like to have them in book form as a reference...

I'm just done with 616 Spidey, and I'm dropping alot of the Marvel books I used to get. I'll stick with Ultimate Spidey until Joe Q sticks his little nose into that one, too. I'll probably be reading about 7 monthly books, one of them is a mini, and one of them is a monthly that's about to be cancelled.

I only read Moon Knight

shinlyle said:
I'm just done with 616 Spidey, and I'm dropping alot of the Marvel books I used to get. I'll stick with Ultimate Spidey until Joe Q sticks his little nose into that one, too. I'll probably be reading about 7 monthly books, one of them is a mini, and one of them is a monthly that's about to be cancelled.
mini = Civil War?
Cancelled = Spider-Girl?

Actually, I've quit a long time ago.. During that Ben Reilly as Spider-Man (Senssasssssssional S-M I guess) back like 9 years ago.

The ONLY one im reading Ultimate S-M

I rater had good memories of spider-man, than reading non-sense BS (my opinion), But I'm still a fan of all the spider-man suff around (games, movies, toys...)

Let's just say that I started to read more on the Venom stories (old and new ones).

For the other Marvel titles, I nevers read them (x-man is way to complex). I would have to read all of em to get in the action.

ben_reilly_s_s said:
So, my question is this:

The only ones I am getting, I am downloading. And they are all Civil War related. I will not ever give Marvel another cent. Except for their cut of Movie ticket prices.

I dropped most Spider-Man titles halfway through 'Sins Past' and resolved never to pay for anything written by J. Michael Straczinsky again. I was buying much fewer Marvel titles by that point, but I don't remember what the straw that broke this camel's back was-- the moment I swore off contemporary Marvel titles altogether (probably something Bendis did, or several things at once he did).

Like you, I'll still check out movies and video games. I'll pay for Essential collections for certain titles, too, since that's where I can find good, or at least decent stories.
Wait, there's one exception; the 'Books of Doom' which finished coming out recently. Other than that, no current Marvel titles at all. I still read several titles to keep tabs on this whole disgusting situation (I also read books about serial killers in my free time-- for both cases, it's all about morbid curiosity), usually several at a time every week. I always feel the need to buy at least one thing if I'm reading comics for free, and that's usually a Batman comic or a TPB of an older story.

:wolverine

ben_reilly_s_s said:
mini = Civil War?
Cancelled = Spider-Girl?

Very good. I'm a Millar-fan, so I'm willing to see CW to it's conclusion. I can't blame anyone else for wanting to drop it like a bad habit, though. Yeah, SG is on the list as well....I just hate that it's going to be cancelled...especially now.

The problem with Spider_girl is that there is none.
It's the markting department.
they push crap, not the good stuff.
So Spider-Girl gets it while some book that doesnt deserve daylight stays.

ben_reilly_s_s said:
So, my question is this:

Seeing Civil War through to the end
Dropped ASM after the "Other" fiasco
Gave FNSM 2 stories to win me over...it didn't...buh bye
Sensational likely gone after "Feral"...but not automatic at this point.

Marvel has really lost it's "I'll give em the benefit of the doubt" clout with me...want me as a reader??...entertain me...if not...there's always DC!!

For me it's not about when I'll drop issues but when I'll bring them back to my pull list......and from what I can see...it aint going to be any time soon!

Dropped every Marvel title minus Spider-Girl, Nextwave and any Slott titles.

WhatIfTales said:
Seeing Civil War through to the end
Dropped ASM after the "Other" fiasco
Gave FNSM 2 stories to win me over...it didn't...buh bye
Sensational likely gone after "Feral"...but not automatic at this point.

Marvel has really lost it's "I'll give em the benefit of the doubt" clout with me...want me as a reader??...entertain me...if not...there's always DC!!

For me it's not about when I'll drop issues but when I'll bring them back to my pull list......and from what I can see...it aint going to be any time soon!

I'm glad I'm not the only one sticking with CW. I'm not angry with Millar at all, it's OBVIOUSLY Joe Q calling the shots, as Millar has stated, and Joe Q even claimed responsibility for it in the NY Times, I think. So, I'm not punishing them.

And yeah, Marvel doesn't get a "benefit of the doubt" from me anymore, either. It's bitten me in the ass several times, and I'm done with it. ASM on my pull list any longer, neither is FNSM. SSM is in there until they start dealing with this crap....which will probably be in the next arc.

I never thought I'd see the day when the only Spidey book I read was written by Bendis....

People really need to stop overreacting and calm down. Stop acting so childish dare I say.

Personally I'm not going to stop buying Spider-man or any other title I read cause I see nothing done wrong here. Just an interesting story change, one that I happen to like and looking forward to seeing what the fallout will be.

i didnt like spider-girl's supporting cast and though pete was out of character, but it was (and im sure still is) a good book. can someone please tell me if theres a site where i can download the latest marvel issues? i don't wana look peer to peer or on any illegal software searching programs, so it'd be cool if there was sucha site...? it seems like the place to ask, seein as u all seem to be droppin buyin them...

Effect said:
People really need to stop overreacting and calm down. Stop acting so childish dare I say.

Personally I'm not going to stop buying Spider-man or any other title I read cause I see nothing done wrong here. Just an interesting story change, one that I happen to like and looking forward to seeing what the fallout will be.

and that is your prerogative....but if someone sees this as being wrong in a whole line of wrong moves it is there right to drop the books. You wouldnt continue to eat at a resturant if you found a bug in the salad would you?????

Effect said:

Okay....you can quit with the "stop overreating" posts. It's getting old.

I have yet to see one person overreact. People are angry with a company, then they stop buying the company's products. It's called being a consumer. There's nothing wrong with it at all.

If Coca-Cola came out and changed their formula, and people didn't like it, then why should they keep buying it? They didn't. Coke began to plummet, and they fixed the problem. Same thing here.

You like the story, we get that. Alot of us, however, find this to be an apalling treatment of a character, and we feel betrayed.

If this were Batman or Superman, people would be dropping every DC book and screaming holy murder.

Seeing as how Spider-Man is just as widely known and loved as the two of them, I see these reactions to actually be less extreme than I thought.

Effect said:

WAtch it dude...almost scraped your knee on that soap box you're standing on!!.......

shinlyle said:
I'm glad I'm not the only one sticking with CW. I'm not angry with Millar at all, it's OBVIOUSLY Joe Q calling the shots, as Millar has stated, and Joe Q even claimed responsibility for it in the NY Times, I think. So, I'm not punishing them.

As I've said repeatedly.....I like Civil War....why would I dump it because I hate one aspect of it??...Spidey unmasking.....Millar did a fine job in CW1 and I expect it'll follow through....hopefully this Spidey silliness won't over-shadow what could be a great story.......

...the real problem is as you've started before...the collossal cluster$%^% that's likely going to be every Spidey title for god knows how long...hopefully your "maybe it'll be undone within Civil WAr" prediction will come true...here's hoping

Hmmm Marvel still has some good comics out there, DD is pretty good right now and so is Hulk. Usually I dont read those 2 books but recently I have found myself buying those two books instead of 616 Spider-Man (might have to start buying Amazing Spiderman again for the Civil War tie in). Also the Ultimate line of comics are catching and keeping my interest, even Ultimate FF (Which is surprising since I never liked 616 FF).

I still read the 616 Spider-Man from time to time to see what is going on, but I dont buy them (I just steal my friends copy when they are not looking).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"