• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Who is best suited to play the title role in the film version of"Black Panther"?

Djimon Hounsou is easily one of the most talented actors working today and I think it's sad that he gets type casted as the "bad-ass African" in every movie and I know he has range. He has the physical presence, the sense of nobility, and would be easy to see in a heroic role like BP. Plus we get his accent and voice. Hell, he almost made me cry in Blood Diamonds.

Everyone knows this is the role Brad Pitt was born to play. He's already got experience dealing in Africans. :o

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha, man that was funny. Seriously it was. I like that.

Everyone knows this is the role Brad Pitt was born to play. He's already got experience dealing in Africans. :o

"You have Tom Cruise as 'the last Samuari', Brad Pitt was 'The Mexican', next will be 'The last ***** on earth' staring Tom Hanks:woot: "

-P.Mooney

heres a question, there are a lot of people saying "get over it colour isnt an issue" with the casting of Sam Jackson as Fury. i get the feeling this wouildnt happen if a black character was casted as a white dude. how would you guys feel if Black Panther was actually played by Brad Pitt like someone suggested, or some really talented white guy. im a white guy and that would piss me the heck off. i hate when they change the colour of a character for the film treatment

That isn't the same thing for BP. Him being black is essential. With Fury, there is a black version of the character. It isn't like they are changing Fury. They are using the black version. Big difference.

That isn't the same thing for BP. Him being black is essential. With Fury, there is a black version of the character. It isn't like they are changing Fury. They are using the black version. Big difference.
well okay Alicia in the FF then, as far as im aware there is no black version of that character. on a side note, kerry washington is extremely hot:woot:

For the Kingpin and Alicia, personal preference come into play. While with Kerry, I agree many white women could have played Alicia, she didn't kill the character for me. Her party girl mentality does a bit. With Kingpin, I couldn't name a better white guy for the role, so I didn't care.

I can see where you wouldn't like that, but these things didn't bug me. If they made Blade white, I wouldn't have cared.

I can see where you wouldn't like that, but these things didn't bug me. If they made Blade white, I wouldn't have cared.
i just bought the blade trilogy for 19 bucks, gonna watch the first one now. but i cant imagine him being white still, it would be wierd. he should have been a nice white boy from a suburban neighborhood with good ettiquette, David Hyde Pierce could play him

Does BP have to be an origin story? I say do it like Blade, just jump right in, with maybe a flashback or a few statements as to his past.

There is a point in which BP's father is killed (by Klaw) and BP becomes the Black Panther and ascends to the throne, and the whole revenge storyline takes place. In further thought, that could happen when he's 30, and the effect is the same. Especially if he's off in America "in school" and living the good life.

But yeah, Blade can be white... Black Panther cannot. Nick Fury can be black. Thor cannot. You can't be a hereditary African King if you're white. You can't be a Norse God if you're black. Now there are many people that PREFER characters to stay the same race, but it's not like they actually support the characters when they're not in the news, it's just "who moved my cheese" garbage.

That said, I still don't know how to tell an origin story with Djimon Honsou, even though he fits it quite well.

heres a question, there are a lot of people saying "get over it colour isnt an issue" with the casting of Sam Jackson as Fury. i get the feeling this wouildnt happen if a black character was casted as a white dude. how would you guys feel if Black Panther was actually played by Brad Pitt like someone suggested, or some really talented white guy. im a white guy and that would piss me the heck off. i hate when they change the colour of a character for the film treatment

Im a black dude and I understand what your saying, but at the same time How many black characters does Marvel have? Blade, Black Panther, hmmm War Machine (sidekick)... I cant think of anymore. When I was growing up I looked for the black superhero to look up to but I couldnt find one until I was in my teens with Blade, Static, Black Panther, GL (sort of). Yes I would be pissed if Brad Pitt was cast as Black Panther simply because it would not for a number or reasons.

Now for the casting of the Black Panther: Honsou (spellcheck), he is West African if anyone ever read his bio. The Hatian dude from Heroes he has that look and if he could hit them weights he'd be the way to go as well.

For the Kingpin and Alicia, personal preference come into play. While with Kerry, I agree many white women could have played Alicia, she didn't kill the character for me. Her party girl mentality does a bit. With Kingpin, I couldn't name a better white guy for the role, so I didn't care.

But see, just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Im a black dude and I understand what your saying, but at the same time How many black characters does Marvel have? Blade, Black Panther, hmmm War Machine (sidekick)... I cant think of anymore. When I was growing up I looked for the black superhero to look up to but I couldnt find one until I was in my teens with Blade, Static, Black Panther, GL (sort of).

Bishop, Storm, the Falcon, Pulsar, Luke Cage, Cloak of Cloak & Dagger, Deathlok, Night Thrasher, etc. if you couldn't find a black superhero to look up to until your teens then you really weren't looking hard enough. there's actually quite a few.

Bishop, Storm, the Falcon, Pulsar, Luke Cage, Cloak of Cloak & Dagger, Deathlok, Night Thrasher, etc. if you couldn't find a black superhero to look up to until your teens then you really weren't looking hard enough. there's actually quite a few.

When we say that, we mean mainstream black characters. Panther, Luke Cage and Storm are the only ones that really are known outside of the hardcore comic community.

^And also John Stewart GL. :up:

...yeah, that's about it. :csad:

I knew about them also but mainstream did not, I was an avid comic book kid so I knew them all. But that doesn't negate the fact that there were not a lot of mainstream black heroes. Thats why in the early 90s you seen Wesley Snipes push so hard for the Black Panther.

Green Lantern doesn't really count because he could be any race at any time but John Stuart or Steward does count :yay: .

Its more psychological if you think about it.

I'd like to think you're smart enough to know the answers to such a stupid question.:o

Brad Pitt indeed...BEST choice...lol!

I'd like to think you're smart enough to know the answers to such a stupid question.:o
i do, which is why i dont get how people can say someones got a race issue when another person wants Fury or Alicia to be white

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"