Who Knows What Evil Lurks In The Hearts Of Men? The Shadow Knows

The Shadow my pick if he does become a Netflix character then Philip Winchester would be another actor who I could see as Lamont Cranston

Not a fan of that choice, despite the fact that he has a big nose like The Shadow.

Adrien Brody as Lamont Cranston/The Shadow is perfect like think Alec Baldwin but better

He does have some acting chops & was in a role that had action [Predators]

But can Brody play Lamont Cranston in the same slick way that Baldwin played him in 1994? Can Brody play the brooding superhero with a dark mysterious tortured side?

But can Brody play Lamont Cranston in the same slick way that Baldwin played him in 1994? Can Brody play the brooding superhero with a dark mysterious tortured side?

Well, that is a fair point but I personally have a lot of respect for Brody's acting ability, so there's that.

I was just watching The Shadow (1994) the other day with Alec Baldwin and watching it for the millionth time I just figured out that this movie really is an underrated superhero movie classic. In the sense that back in the day it didn't make as much money at the box office because of its huge budget but at the same time the tone of the movie the overall darkness behind Lamont Cranston/Ying-Ko/The Shadow I have always wondered why this movie has never been rebooted

Could you imagine if they actually made a successful reboot? But instead of basing it in the 1930s/40s they could actually set The Shadow in modern day a modern-day take on Lamont's character but could that even work?

The way you have written this, it sounds like you and Alec Baldwin sat down to watch a movie together. Hope he was good company! :yay::yay::yay:

Or casting Jake Gyllenhaal as the new Lamont Cranston/Ying-Ko/Shadow would work if it was a big screen adaptation but if it is Netflix then a perfect actor to play The Shadow would be Zachary Quinto

The Shadow Nose????:oldrazz:

What's up with the Shadow nose?
Is that his true face, and Lamont Cranston is purely an illusion?
Or the other way around?
Cause if the first, you can't just make Brody's nose disappear when he becomes Cranston.

Last edited:
Yeah ok, I thought people (not me) were maybe picking him because of his nose.
Hence my question?
Is the Shadow his true face, and Lamont Cranston purely an illusion?
Or the other way around?
Do you know which it is?

From what I understand the classic Shadow ,its both Cranston & the Shadow. I think the Shadow wears the red bandanna or scarf to hide his face like a mask.

From what I understand the classic Shadow ,its both Cranston & the Shadow. I think the Shadow wears the red bandanna or scarf to hide his face like a mask.

So in "the classic" Crantson and the Shadow it's the same face? He doesn't cast an illusion of a different face and nose? Just ads the scarf as a "mask"?

Last edited:
The Shadow what is so cool about him is that he is able to cloud men's minds but at the same time strikes fear into the hearts of criminals everywhere...he is like Batman but better

Yeah ok, I thought people (not me) were maybe picking him because of his nose.
Hence my question?
Is the Shadow his true face, and Lamont Cranston purely an illusion?
Or the other way around?
Do you know which it is?

The pulp Shadow is a WWI flyer named Kent Allard who assumes Cranston's identity and is a master of disguise. He has no powers.

The radio Shadow has the mental powers and is actually Lamont Cranston.

Comic book Shadow's are an amalgam of the first two.

The radio Shadow is probably the best one but at the same time the 1994 film I think based it off of the comic book Shadow

If a new Shadow does get the greenlight....I guess the writer could merge the 2 ideas somehow or just go with the fear skill like Batman & his 'look' will have nothing to do with it.

Zachary Quinto as the new Shadow...that would get my vote

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"