• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BvS Who should be the villain in the sequel for Man of Steel?

I agree with a lot of the Brainiac supporters. If they go with him I would like them to draw from STAS and Smallville.

I also wouldn't mind seeing Metallo, Parasite, General Lane, and Manchester Black. And screw it, I wouldn't mind seeing Titano either.

Lex Luthor needs to be in the movie and another major villain like Parasite.

The best actor i see playing Lex is Bruce Payne with bald head of course.

The Parasite needs to be strong, dark skin and energy absorptoion and a cameo by liveweire.

It really should be Lex Luthor. He's Superman's greatest, most interesting, most long standing, deepest and most contrasting enemy. He deserves the TDK Joker treatment. The philosophical conflict should take center stage in part 2. It doesn't hurt that Lex Luthor can 'field' things like Parasite, Bizzaro, Metallo even Doomsday as needed, or even be on a quest to access Brainiac.

For the third movie, then you move it to something incredibly physical like Brainaic, Doomsday or Darkseid.

It really should be Lex Luthor. He's Superman's greatest, most interesting, most long standing, deepest and most contrasting enemy. He deserves the TDK Joker treatment. The philosophical conflict should take center stage in part 2. It doesn't hurt that Lex Luthor can 'field' things like Parasite, Bizzaro, Metallo even Doomsday as needed, or even be on a quest to access Brainiac.

For the third movie, then you move it to something incredibly physical like Brainaic, Doomsday or Darkseid.

Agreed

I'd like to see Luthor/Bizarro at some point,but from that list I'd have to say Metallo.

Can someone explain to me what it is that's so great about Brainiac?

Everyone seems to love him and wants him on the big screen, but why? What would be the amazing storyline with Brainiac as the main villain?

I mean, he's AI. He doesn't have a 'personality', or any quality I've ever particularly found enjoyable in stories.

Yes, he's a formidable opponent and could have an 'army'. But personally I just find him kind of boring :(

Maybe I just haven't read/seen the best stories. I dunno.

..heh-heh.. :-)

so how "human" vs. "robotic" should movie brainiac look? bear in mind if people want "a-list" actors, then he's going to have to look more human than not..

I also want to see other villains in at least a subplot sequence- Toyman can be put to good use.. Same with Parasite.

Darkseid can be alerted to the presence of Earth by the activities of Zod and company..

Brainiac

I don't want Lex Luthor in this film. Just mentions of his name through out the movie.

I'd like to see Luthor in the series, but he doesn't need a movie all to himself. There's more to his character than a one-dimensional villain. Let's see him in the universe, similarly to how Talia was in TDKR.

Last edited:
One thing for sure in the sequel, i want Kryptonite involved/introduced.

Brainiac is the biggest no brainer in the history of no brainers. His movie version could be a totally unique creation by using all the versions from the comics and more. He could be such a powerful and overwhelmingly scary villain that it's not even funny.

2145808-brainiac_super.jpg

And use Luthor too, but not as a Brainiac accomplice. Have him be the guy that actually BELIEVES in something (nothing's scarier than that), like the Brian Azzarello "humanist to the extreme" version. He should be such an alien hater that he helps in Brainiac's demise, but at the end he appropriates himself of his tech... because if aliens should have a presence on Earth, it should be under human control and on human terms. HIS terms.

ll3.jpg

I would love to se Lex/Metallo team up, but I think Darkseid is better suited for a Justice League film sort of how Avengers is building up for Thanos...I wanna feel is threat, his power coming...for a 3rd Doomsday/Brainac team up would be nice and a Supergirl intro could work...Supes is gonna need help to take down those two

Brainiac of course.

Preferably, with Lex (and not land swindler Lex ... FINALLY!) making his introduction, and establishing the rivalry/animosity he has with the Man of Steel. All leading into the third film.

I'd like to see Snyder follow Nolan's pattern from The Dark Knight. First film, you get a relatively well-known villain who can bend, but not break, the hero (Zod). Second film, you bring out the big gun, the most marketable villain and evil genius (Luthor) to completely throw the hero's world into chaos and test his values. Third film, you bring in the brawn (Doomsday or Darkseid), and the greatest test of the trilogy. That being said, Superman and Batman are completely different personalities, so it may not fit.

This would extend past Justice League, and I know that plot would have to be taken into account too. Just thoughts.

Man Of Steel 2 - Brainiac with Lex Luthor as a behind the scenes villain

Man Of Steel 3 - Lex and Doomsday.

Brainiac for sure with Lex Luthor behind the scenes and then Luthor, Metallo, and Parasite on Part 3.

Last edited:
Lex and Brainiac. For sure. If the sequel doesnt feature those two, I'll be incredibly disappointed. Zod is such a lame choice when compared to Brainiac.

What it seems they've picked up on from MOS is to have Superman action really seem top notch, his threat level has to be raised to the point where the audience increasingly asks "how can he survive this?!"

Also multiple villains is never that hard of a thing to do. Nolan has already shown us that ten-fold. If you're a great writer, and if you do your research (many of the best comic titles use more than one villain), you'll see how it can easily be done to create an intense thrilling character piece summer blockbuster.

MOS 2:

s_nemesis_lex_luthor.jpg

Possibly a henchman of some type.

Metallo.jpg

post-1680-0-18170900-1332136955.jpg

MOS 3:

2601693-tumblr_m0l1wad36j1qzd6bzo1_400.jpg

brainiac.jpg

doomsday2.jpg

Doomsday acting more as a weapon they utilize - think Kevin Smith's script just with Doomsday.

Go big or go home in the end.

Last edited:
What if it follows the bat trilogy paradigm?

Film 1: Zod. Essentially Supes' version of Ra's Al Ghul. A ruthless military villain with connections to Superman's past.

Film 2: Brainiac. Essentially Supes' Joker. An intelligent enemy that can outsmart Supes for much of the film and really play mind games with him, offering him all that he knows about Krypton. Inhuman and cold, he's the opposite to Supes' warm humanity.

Film 3: Luthor / Doomsday. Essentially the TDKR story. Luthor unleashes Doomsday (Bane) on Supes, a big physical threat, and Supes is "killed." Luthor creates a puppet clone Superman which he uses to keep power in Metropolis, until Superman's unexpected return.

I wanna see Parasite on the big screen, and he better be purple.

MOS2: Brainiac with the introduction of Lex Luthor. After Kal-El is done with Brainiac Lex being the opportunist that he is will easily take advantage of Kryptonian technology. Which in turn leads to....

MOS3: Lex Luthor. Perhaps he could create Metallo/Parasite in this film leading to a suited up Luthor later in the film.

Wouldn't mind seeing Toyman in a cameo role where Superman foils his plans. Bruno Mannheim and Intergang would be great too. And I agree that Darkseid should be saved for Justice League. Not entirely sold on Doomsday really.

Last edited:
MOS2: Brainiac and Lex Luthor

MOS3: Mongul

I think we're at a point in history where Lex Luthor is obviously Superman's "Joker." He has nothing in common with Superman but a stage. Lex Luthor, whom we can expect to be set up in MOS, is the one who fields enemies, who plays on Superman's greatest weakness: his paragonness. Lex Luthor is the one who can stand in Superman's face, hit him where it hurts most and laugh, putting his arm around the big guy and waving to the crowd. No one else can do that. If you want to put Superman through heck, you gotta make Lex what he's supposed to be, even if a shadow of Luthor has been overused in previous films.

It doesn't hurt that Luthor can drop Metallo, or Bizzarro, or Parasite or whatever on Superman easy-peasy.

Brainiac is a great physical villain, but, despite his name, he doesn't outsmart Superman in stories, not because he can't, but because that's not what the character is about at its core. Brainiac isn't a mastermind. He's almost a force of nature, but not a mastermind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"