Who should direct Green lantern?

Alex Proyas would an interesting choice.He has the horror influence Id like to see in Green lantern aliens and world.And his upcoming Gods of egypt pionts to a strong fantasy influence as well

Proyas is someone I could support to helm GL.
Hyams doing the same is just some childish wish with nostalgic echoes of the past.
Ridley Scott is a wet fanboy dream.

The question is which one of the three who will manage to make it the most interesting version (if they get free hands and no studio interference).

Proyas would be so awesome

Luc Besson
Ridley Scott
JJ Abrams

they just need to get someone that has a lot of experience with visual effects heavy movies

I want Del Toro. I'd love to see him let loose in an alien setting. It'll never happen though.

I for the life of me can't think of anyone to direct Green Lantern's reboot.

I prefer Del Toro doing the Lovecraftian/Victorian/Horror/Fantasy that he's best at, rather than a sci-fi superhero epic about space cops.

The reason that I like Del Toro is because his visuals are very unconventional, which I think enforces the shock in seeing aliens interact with a human. It almost ironically makes them feel more grounded.

Now that Tron 3 has been put on the shelf....Joseph Kosinski all the way for the Green Lantern reboot film!

Or Neil Bloomkamp would work as well!

Last edited:
I prefer Del Toro doing the Lovecraftian/Victorian/Horror/Fantasy that he's best at, rather than a sci-fi superhero epic about space cops.

GDT be better for JL: Dark or maybe even Shazam or Sandman than the GL films.....easily.

Pretty much anyone would work as long as Warner Brothers don't go to the John Watts level when picking a director.
If the experienced Martin Campbell couldn't handle the special effects, how do we expect a "nobody" to do it?

Pretty much anyone would work as long as Warner Brothers don't go to the John Watts level when picking a director.
If the experienced Martin Campbell couldn't handle the special effects, how do we expect a "nobody" to do it?

An unexperienced director with the right creative vision can be more valuable than an experienced director without one. Hiring the right assistant directors is also important.

Last edited:
My first choice always were the Wachowskis but they unfortunately have gone off the boil recently. Luckily Sense8 gives me hope that they can still make compelling movies and the Green Lantern space opera would be right down their alley.

Luc Besson is the other choice for me. Fifth Element is one of my favorite movies and after recently watching Lucy, I'm convinced he would still be able to bring that magic back to the table.

Alex Proyas wasn't one of my original picks but I can definitely see that happen.

Luc Besson is one of the best choices for this by far. He's probably not going to make another 5th Element movie, so i'd love to see his style applied to GL... 5th Element has some of the best scifi visuals ever

Agree on Wachowskis, Besson and Proyas.

If we're talking big directors, Ridley Scott could be one of the best in terms of, scope, visuals and tone. He need to have good writers though, and the the film deserves better post-work than Exodus because it felt that much were cut out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"