Guardians of the Galaxy Who should direct?

If not Waiti, I'll just drop another name: Paul Feig.

I know, many many will immediately get a disgusted face by thinking Ghostbusters.
But the thing is, he's a capable comedy director. Go watch Bridesmaids. Hell, even got McCarthy nominated for an Oscar.
He's proved to know how to mix action and comedy. Go watch Spy. Even Ghostbusters. I actually liked that movie and think the action on it is far from bad:
[YT]jYpYTpKuT_k[/YT]

I think his tone would fit the already established MCU and the Guardians world in general.

I would definitely love to see Feig but I wouldn’t be surprised if he was burned out by fanboys and didn’t want to do it. Wouldn’t blame him too

If I were Disney/Marvel I'd throw everything at the Russos and marcus/mcfeely to drop what they are doing and help them with vol.3 they can do pass through on gunns script .

While gunn was very instrumental with how the guardians were portrayed in infinity war I think they still had enough experience now with those characters to stay true to Gunns vision.

This is my pipe dream. You'd still have to move production because russo's are hard at work editing and reshooting avengers 4 but I think that would be only choice that would quell my fears and even maybe make the actors happy.

Give it to Chris Evans if it will make him re-up as Steve Rogers! He wants to direct bigtime films. Use this franchise as a bargaining chip to sweeten his deal.

I think Peyton Reed is a real possibility

Why not? He made an Edgar Wright project bland and flavorless. Let him do the same for Gunn's work.

Mum and dad saw a movie recently called “The Breaker Upperers” which they said was fun. Judging from the trailer it seems to be everything marvel loves, colourful eccentric characters, funny situations, lots of heart. Maybe the directors, Madeleine Sami and Jackie van Beek would be good for this?

If I were Disney/Marvel I'd throw everything at the Russos and marcus/mcfeely to drop what they are doing and help them with vol.3 they can do pass through on gunns script .

While gunn was very instrumental with how the guardians were portrayed in infinity war I think they still had enough experience now with those characters to stay true to Gunns vision.

This is my pipe dream. You'd still have to move production because russo's are hard at work editing and reshooting avengers 4 but I think that would be only choice that would quell my fears and even maybe make the actors happy.

The whole "Russos for every MCU movie" is getting tiresome. People really need to stop suggesting them for everything. They will burn out and the MCU was built on unconventional choices

Give it to Chris Evans if it will make him re-up as Steve Rogers! He wants to direct bigtime films. Use this franchise as a bargaining chip to sweeten his deal.

Thats a horrendous idea.You dont use a movie as a freaking bargain chip. Thats a huge disservice.

The Russo's have the experience with the character, and the one on one time with Gunn. In this instance I can see why they would be a good fit. I'm not advocating they get every Marvel film but this one would sort of make sense.

Outside of that I'd say you're looking for a Sci-fi buddy comedy type film.

Todd Phillips is listed as a producer on the Joker otherwise I'd say him. Or what about Phil Lord and Chris Miller? Men in Black was Barry Sonnefeld but he's 65 now. . . .

Music is the other issue. I don't know of anyone currently other than Gunn who has produced a really memorable soundtrack recently. Lucas did American Graffiti & Zemekis did Forrest Gump but there's no way . . . . .

Last edited:
65 years may be an asset. Given the blacklist implications an old veteran like Robert Redford acting in The Winter Soldier or a rookie moving up from TV might be the only directors interested

The whole "Russos for every MCU movie" is getting tiresome. People really need to stop suggesting them for everything. They will burn out and the MCU was built on unconventional choices

That's cool if that's how you feel, sticking to my gut. Lucky for you it's very unlikely anyway.

Peyton Reed made the two blandest and most devoid of personality films in the whole MCU.... okay maybe other than The Dark World. :oldrazz:
I really disliked Ant Man And The Wasp and I didn't expect that.
I liked Ant Man.

I'll throw a name out there. Clark Gregg.

Ok here's a name that might ruffle some feathers ...but it just dawned on me.... kevin smith...

I really disliked Ant Man And The Wasp and I didn't expect that.
I liked Ant Man.

Agreed. AMATW might be Marvel's worst movie. But I'd have to go back and rewatch TIH, TDW, and Age of Ultron to be sure. And since I'll never watch any of those again, I'll just say it's bottom tier. :oldrazz:

I loved Ant-Man and I simply liked Ant-Man and the Wasp. I felt like the creativity with the character was at its best on the first film and they didn't capitalize that enough in the second one. It felt like a lot of missed opportunities on the ant-size set pieces. So no Peyton Reed on Vol. 3 for me. From the previous directors, Taika Waititi is the only one that I think shares similar sensibilities with James Gunn, on that funny/weird spectrum. Aside from him? I don't know, I'm having a hard time imagining a suitable director for the Guardians.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"