• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Who should play Frank Castle in the Marvel Cinematic Universe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay he plays him on Netflix but in the actual cinematic universe on the big screen for mainstream theatre audiences would they even let him play The Punisher?

Yes. Same universe. And Season 2 Spoilers...

There are a LOT of subtle things in Daredevil Season 2 that completely cement this show to every single format the MCU releases in. The big one is the Roxxon involvement. Roxxon had significant roles in Iron Man 3, AoS, and Agent Carter. It's even referenced in a One Shot. Pay attention to the newspapers in Ben's office, too. They acknowledge events from both the films and AoS. There's other stuff as well.

Okay he plays him on Netflix but in the actual cinematic universe on the big screen for mainstream theatre audiences would they even let him play The Punisher?

Either he plays the character or they don't use the character. It's the same universe. That's how it works.

Yes, Bernthal of no movie appearance. This is a shared universe for a reason. Also, he has experience in movies. Go watch Snitch with Dwayne Johnson. Bernthal was very good in a supporting role.

The movies, the Netflix shows and the ABC shows are all part of the MCU.

The individual folks not being mentioned in every segment of the shared universe doesn't mean that they don't exist. It's like saying that Darcy not being mentioned in The Winter Soldier means she suddenly only exists in the Thor movies and we have to start fancasting her if she shows up in a future Avengers film.

Yeah, this thread is even more silly now that DD Season 2 is out. Bernthal rivals RDJ as the best casting decision Marvel has made. He stole the show.
I wouldn't go that far. I would've rather liked Joey Ansah for the role.

The movies, the Netflix shows and the ABC shows are all part of the MCU.

The individual folks not being mentioned in every segment of the shared universe doesn't mean that they don't exist. It's like saying that Darcy not being mentioned in The Winter Soldier means she suddenly only exists in the Thor movies and we have to start fancasting her if she shows up in a future Avengers film.

Hulk and Thor aren't in Civil War. We ought to start fancasting them now since they no longer exist. :o

If The Punisher were in the Disney cinematic universe I wonder how he would even factor into anything I wonder if SHIELD/HYDRA would see Frank as a threat

If The Punisher were in the Disney cinematic universe I wonder how he would even factor into anything I wonder if SHIELD/HYDRA would see Frank as a threat

He is in it, and I believe SHIELD sees him as about as much of a threat as a serial killer or gang wars. Which is to say that he is certainly dangerous, but he isn't exactly in their purview. Frank may be psychotic but at the end of the day he doesn't have powers or an alien artifact or a connection to HYDRA and therefore there is no reason for SHIELD to take any real interest in him.

I'm wondering why this thread is still allowed to be active

Are you being intentionally dense?

Who would play Captain America if he were to guest star in DD when they do the Born Again storyline?

I'm genuinely not sure if he's trolling or just doesn't understand the MCU
but that's been explained to him several times by more than a few people in this thread. if he's not acknowledging that or just ignoring it, what exactly is going on?

As I've said in another thread, it's not the Disney Cinematic Universe. It's the Marvel Cinematic Universe, otherwise we'd be getting the likes of Cinderella, Maleficent, Snow White, Elsa etc as well.

And Tony Stark would be trying to bed all the Disney princesses. :o

I just don't think he understands. I'm convinced he's 11 years old
But it's been explained to him, over and over again, by different people in this thread. If he is deliberately ignoring/not acknowledging that, then what's going on if it's not trollage?
As I've said in another thread, it's not the Disney Cinematic Universe. It's the Marvel Cinematic Universe, otherwise we'd be getting the likes of Cinderella, Maleficent, Snow White, Elsa etc as well.

And Tony Stark would be trying to bed all the Disney princesses. :o
I think what he's trying to say is that it is a cinematic universe, managed by Disney. It is a Disney cinematic universe, called the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"