The Dark Knight Rises Who was your FAVORITE Couple within the Series?

herolee10

No More Miracles
Reaction score
Well now that we've finally seen all three films; and after talking with some posters about it, I'm just curious into knowing as to who was everyone's favorite romantic pairing within the Nolan series:

1. Bruce Wayne and Rachel Dawes: Batman Begins & The Dark Knight

2. Bruce Wayne and Miranda Tate: The Dark Knight Rises

3. Bruce Wayne/Batman & Selina Kyle/Catwoman: The Dark Knight Rises

Now if you noticed, I didn't use "Talia" above because by the time Talia's unveiled, all romantic possibilities and aspects are completely thrown out the window.haha

So the case here would be, to view that "unique" pairing based on what we saw between Talia and Bruce ONLY from the time that she had posed as Miranda at the beginning half of "The Dark Knight Rises".

Course, there's always the option of choosing another pairing within the series, ala the "Other" option; whether it be Harvey Dent & Rachel, or from what I've read in Annefan's posts, Holly and Selina:oldrazz:

Bruce Wayne/Batman & Selina Kyle/Catwoman: The Dark Knight Rises

By a wide margin.

A part of me is saying that I shouldn't be surprised if/when the Selina/Bruce option wins.lol...but I got to admit, that aside from the whole stabbing in the stomach thing.lol..let alone it being an facade..for the way that it was presented in the first half, I didn't mind Bruce and Miranda.lol

Hmm. This is a hard question to answer, but I'm going with Bruce and Rachel. I never had a problem with her character or with the actress who originated her, Katie Holmes, and I liked that she understood Bruce on a level that even Alfred didn't.

On another note, I just realized that Bruce and Miranda sort of had their own love theme for the film; granted it was used for one other scene as well from my memory, but they definitely had a part from "On Thin Ice" played for when Bruce took Miranda into Wayne Manor till the point where they started kissing.

Dent and Dawes, then Bruce and Selina. Bruce and Selina didn't feel as fleshed out as I would've liked and Dent/Dawes resonated more with me following her demise. I felt like, despite the ending, Bruce only found a girl but I wasn't convinced it was the girl. They had great chemistry but it needed more than just that one kiss.

Easily Bruce/Selina.

I might've given Bruce/Miranda a chance if that angle was explored more but it wasn't so yeah... it doesn't stand a chance at all.

Bruce and Alfred.

Scenes in TDKR had me choked up far more than any romantic one did in the entire series. Plus, these two loved one another from the very day Wayne was born.

Nolan has nailed the Bruce/Alfred and Batman/Gordon relationship so well. :up:

Nolan has nailed the Bruce/Alfred and Batman/Gordon relationship so well. :up:
It's hard to imagine any other actors in these roles. They're all so good. :csad:

Bruce & Selina all the way

i loved the chemistry Bale had with Hathaway

Is this really a contest? Catwoman/Batman obviously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"