Who Were The Best Villains in 2015? (villains from other mediums can be included)

This guy -

image.jpg

Sam Neill's Inspector Chester Campbell on Peaky Blinders also deserves a mention.

Evelyn Poole from Penny Dreadful

Ultron
Killgrave
Kingpin
Night's King and the White Walkers
Kylo Ren
Immortan Joe
Indominus Rex

Those were honorable mentions compared the biggest villain of last year:

Josh Trank

Killgrave, Kylo Ren and Immortan Joe stick out most to me.

Solomon Lane is also possibly the best villain Mission Impossible has produced.

Christoph Waltz in Bond and Ultron have to go down as most disappointing. Spader was great and the character was fun but in no way was he menacing bad guy. I wanted the guy from the trailers not the CONSTANTLY wise cracking robot who really barely does anything.

Kylo Ren
Killgrave
Wilson Fisk
Ultron
Solomon Lane (M.I.5)
Reverse Flash

Ramsay Bolton. One of the most despicable bastards (literally) in current fiction. I'll be dancing in my living room when he finally bites it.

Among characters who were actually introduced this year, I'll go with The Purple Man.

Immortal Joe
Kylo Ren
Reverse Flash
Killgrave
The Governor (From Netflix's prison drama Wentworth)

The Governor (From Netflix's prison drama Wentworth)

You mean the psycho prison Governor the inmates call The Freak? She's great. So intimidating. She'd get my vote for best villain of the year.

Last edited:
You mean the psycho prison Governor the inmates call The Freak? She's great. So intimidating. She'd get my vote for best villain of the year.

Yep. Hands down the best, most under-rated villain of 2015. Hope she returns next season.

Yep. Hands down the best, most under-rated villain of 2015. Hope she returns next season.

She's definitely back for the next season. That's been confirmed. I'm so glad because I can't imagine the show without her. The actress who plays her, Pamela Rabe, is ridiculously good. If looks could kill;

wentworth-prison-series-3-03.jpg

Last edited:
She's definitely back for the next season. That's been confirmed. I'm so glad because I can't imagine the show without her. The actress who plays her, Pamela Rabe, is ridiculously good. If looks could kill;

Not sure if she'll be the big bad, as her plan came to light in the finale ep. I think the big bad for Bea Smith and co. next season is going to be the leader of that vigilante group that got locked up in Wentworth due to Bea's tip. Maybe 'The Freak' will be an inmate.

Surpised there isn't a thread about this awesome show. I'm always rooting for the guard Vera.:ilv:

Not sure if she'll be the big bad, as her plan came to light in the finale ep. I think the big bad for Bea Smith and co. next season is going to be the leader of that vigilante group that got locked up in Wentworth due to Bea's tip. Maybe 'The Freak' will be an inmate.

Surpised there isn't a thread about this awesome show. I'm always rooting for the guard Vera.:ilv:

Here's the official synopsis for season 4:

As the story resumes, Bea and her cell-block mates are returning to Wentworth after the fire and rebuilding of H Block to find a new dynamic in play with a new contender for Top Dog. On the outside, Franky is trying hard to be a productive member of society. As always, no-one should underestimate “the Freak”.

https://www.foxtel.com.au/got/whats-on/foxtel-insider/soho/wentworth.html

So it sounds like Ferguson is still going to be a major threat. I don't see her being an inmate because it would be way too unrealistic for a Governor or any prison officer to be put in the same jail they used to work in. They'd be dead in 5 minutes. I think The Freak wriggles out of what happened by blaming the fire on Jess, who is dead. The dead can't talk. I wouldn't be surprised if she teams with that vigilante nutter to take down Bea. Vera better watch her back, too.

Last edited:
Hanzee and Mike Milligan from Fargo Season 2.

The troglodytes from Bone Tomahawk.

Here's the official synopsis for season 4:

https://www.foxtel.com.au/got/whats-on/foxtel-insider/soho/wentworth.html

So it sounds like Ferguson is still going to be a major threat. I don't see her being an inmate because it would be way too unrealistic for a Governor or any prison officer to be put in the same jail they used to work in. They'd be dead in 5 minutes. I think The Freak wriggles out of what happened by blaming the fire on Jess, who is dead. The dead can't talk. I wouldn't be surprised if she teams with that vigilante nutter to take down Bea. Vera better watch her back, too.

:up:

I see Vera breaking bad this season, after all the crap she's been put through with her Mom, The Governor, contracting Hep C, etc. I think she's reached her breaking point and she might be quite different this season.

Among characters who were actually introduced this year, I'll go with The Purple Man.

Kilgrave deserves a shout out.

Good call guys. :up:

Solomon Lane (Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation)

He was really creepy and sinister.

I knew this character when she was like this!

:up:

I see Vera breaking bad this season, after all the crap she's been put through with her Mom, The Governor, contracting Hep C, etc. I think she's reached her breaking point and she might be quite different this season.

She's already come a long way since season 1 when everyone trampled all over her. She's 'Vinegar ****' now lol.

I knew this character when she was like this!

Me too. The original Freak from Prisoner Cell Block H, from which Wentworth is based on. She was great, too. The Wentworth version also slips on those creepy black leather gloves to do nasty things to the inmates:

10408553.jpg

Last edited:
Fitzgerald
Kylo Ren
Commandant
Ultron
Daisy Domergue
Wilson Fisk
Cruelle De Vil

From movies, I'd have to say Kylo Ren, Soloman Lane, and Kevin Bacon in Cop Car.

TV, there's obviously Kilgrave and Kingpin, I'd also add Dominic from Person of Interest. Then again, he was introduced in 2014, so probably doesn't count.

I liked Kylo Ren. Three-dimensional, interesting character and well portrayed.

I don't count Reverse Flash. The Flash started in 2014. I consider that a 2014 show, though it extended into 2015.

Kylo Ren
Kingpin
Immortan Joe
Ultron

Who played Cruella in 2015?

I just looked it up. There is a show called "Once upon a Time" and Cruella appeared in it this year. She was played by an actress called Victoria Smufit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"