Who would play Sabretooth? Keep Mane or get new blood? Triple H? No Wrestlers?

Can someone post this story or relay what it says - I hate this MTV website, I can never scroll to get the story. Apparently Tyler Mane says something in it about the "Wolverine" movie. This is all I got from my Google alert, and I can't even get *that* when I log on to the site: "[SIZE=-1]According to massive actor/wrestler Tyler Mane, discussions are under way to have his ...[/SIZE]"

http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles/1555168/20070320/story.jhtml

Can someone post this story or relay what it says - I hate this MTV website, I can never scroll to get the story. Apparently Tyler Mane says something in it about the "Wolverine" movie. This is all I got from my Google alert, and I can't even get *that* when I log on to the site: "[SIZE=-1]According to massive actor/wrestler Tyler Mane, discussions are under way to have his ...[/SIZE]"

Full story:

Could Sabretooth be plotting to take another bite out of Hugh Jackman? According to massive actor/wrestler Tyler Mane, discussions are under way to have his evil mutant from the original "X-Men" movie return for the highly anticipated Wolverine spinoff flick. "We will see," an optimistic Mane revealed recently. "There is talk of a Wolverine-Sabretooth [plot], and we will see what happens with that." Mane might have some competition from Vinnie Jones, however, who has insisted in the past that his Juggernaut will be the target of those famed adamantium claws. Nevertheless, Mane's comments would seem to support fans who believe the prequel will have Logan seeking revenge against Victor Creed — who eventually became Sabretooth in the "X-Men" comic book series. "We will see," Mane said cryptically. "You never know." ...

Full story:

Could Sabretooth be plotting to take another bite out of Hugh Jackman? According to massive actor/wrestler Tyler Mane, discussions are under way to have his evil mutant from the original "X-Men" movie return for the highly anticipated Wolverine spinoff flick. "We will see," an optimistic Mane revealed recently. "There is talk of a Wolverine-Sabretooth [plot], and we will see what happens with that." Mane might have some competition from Vinnie Jones, however, who has insisted in the past that his Juggernaut will be the target of those famed adamantium claws. Nevertheless, Mane's comments would seem to support fans who believe the prequel will have Logan seeking revenge against Victor Creed — who eventually became Sabretooth in the "X-Men" comic book series. "We will see," Mane said cryptically. "You never know." ...

Thanks for that - can never figure out why I can't get stories on that MTV site, either through IE or Firefox...

I think Vinnie Jones was just keep his name out there - doubt if Juggernaut is in this.

Juggernaut is NOT in the script...and YES, SABERTOOTH and STRYKER are the main villians...

Not too sure how familiar y'all are familiar with him but I think Nathan Jones would be a pretty decent Sabertooth...He's got the size and the scary look down pretty damn good. i recently saw the Protector (could have been a better flick, but ok none the less) and he makes a very good villain.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0428923/

he is definitely huge and intimidating, but instead of Sabretooth, he would have made a better Juggernaut, or if he ever appears as some kind of side villain or something, Cyber

Mane will stay as Sabretooth. But that Nathan Jones is a scary looking guy - I reckon yup. Can anyone remember the huge guy in Troy? Was it him, either way he also has the look...

Mane will stay as Sabretooth. But that Nathan Jones is a scary looking guy - I reckon yup. Can anyone remember the huge guy in Troy? Was it him, either way he also has the look...

Yep the big guy in Troy was Nathan, he also played as the strongman in Jet Li's Fearless (not sure of US title).

He is currently in Thailand with me shooting a new Thai film for International US release:
Som Tam Movie

i would love to see HHH as Sabretooth since im like one of the biggest Wrestling fans of all time, BUT i love Tylers size, he dwarfed Wolverine in the movie.

HHH seems perfect. So does Nash.

We just need him bigger than BIG. Sabretooth is one big bad mofo, so we can't have some wimped out Sabre like we had in X1. Tyler looked way too tame, I was glad that they killed him off. There were several parts in which he just looked like a confused dog.

I won't be sad if he plays Sabre again, I'll just hope he acts meaner.

Wrestlers are horrendous actors, and Sabretooth (assuming he actually speaks a bit more this time) isn't a character that one of those muscleheads could portray accurately.

It'd be a bad parody of Blade 3. HHH did fine there because he was playing a dumb goon. But Sabes is supposed to be a horribly evil, horribly conniving, horribly... well, everything. He's dangerous AND smart, not some "I will crush you" goon.

^^I disagree...Sabertooths charecter is awesome and I love him but there really isn't that much depth to him. Hes just really really evil...which is why I wouldn't care if a wrestler gets the part.

mane leave him........

his acting is better than any other wrestler...lol

Halloween!

^^I disagree...Sabertooths charecter is awesome and I love him but there really isn't that much depth to him. Hes just really really evil...which is why I wouldn't care if a wrestler gets the part.

Exactly.

He's just one really bad mofo. His anger is the only thing that makes him a big villian. Not his brains, no. He's an animal. Which means he's as smart as an animal.

I liked Mane, I hope he returns. All the complaints about him not talking much in X-Men are ridiculous. He played the part perfectly considering how small it was.

Exactly.

He's just one really bad mofo. His anger is the only thing that makes him a big villian. Not his brains, no. He's an animal. Which means he's as smart as an animal.

If you mean an animal that's escaped prisons capable of holding super powered villains because of his intelligence, or an animal that has regularly accessed classified government files on regular computers... then I guess you're right. :whatever:

Sabretooth, while appearing very brutish, is just as dangerous with his mind as he is with his claws. He might be crazy, but he's not stupid.

No wrestly could portray that correctly. They'd just give us the "I MUST KILL!!!!" bull****.

33 year-old Canadian actor, Kevin Durand.

zzzbigkev.jpg

Read my blog!
http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog&pop=1&ping=1

If you mean an animal that's escaped prisons capable of holding super powered villains because of his intelligence, or an animal that has regularly accessed classified government files on regular computers... then I guess you're right. :whatever:

Sabretooth, while appearing very brutish, is just as dangerous with his mind as he is with his claws. He might be crazy, but he's not stupid.

No wrestly could portray that correctly. They'd just give us the "I MUST KILL!!!!" bull****.

But he's not a mastermind, which is really what I meant. Yes, he does have enough knowledge, but let's face it. He can't compare to Magneto.

But he's not a mastermind, which is really what I meant. Yes, he does have enough knowledge, but let's face it. He can't compare to Magneto.

But that doesn't put him on the animal level... I mean, very few Marvel characters have Magneto's strategic mindset.

Seriously... imagine a scene where Sabretooth (played by say, Triple H) hatches a plan. Without a decent actor it'd be like watching a bad WWE episode gone horribly wrong.

No not really
What do you expect Sabertooth to do?...if he has a plan its not going to be neuroscience. Even the smart villains like Magneto, Dr.Doom, Lex Luthor, etc have failed to show great intelligence in their master plans (in movies). The only one I can say who has come close is Magneto in X1 and X2.
I think villains like Magneto and Dr.Doom need good actors to play them but Sabertooth really can be 2D even in comic books, so Im not salivating over an official actor. If the wrestler looks like Sabertooth and is decent in acting, I can live with it :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"