• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who You Gonna Call? Ghostbusters 3 Confirmed!!

N

Noir

http://www.cisnfm.com/station/blog_mike_mcguire.cfm?bid=7500&med=30179

“Ghostbusters 3 lives today. A year ago it didn’t.”
“I wrote a script called Hell Bent, Ghostbusters go to hell basically. The premise is that it’s Manhellton. There’s Manhattan and ManHELLton. And if you can build an inter-dimensional phase system so that you can go from one dimension to another. We’ve succeeded doing that and we go to the hell side.
Downtown, Folley Square - where the cops are, they’re all blue minotaurs. Central Park is this huge deep mine, green demons there, surrounded by black onyx thousand foot high apartment buildings with classic red devils. Very wealthy. And we go visit a Donald Trump like character - Mr. Siffler. Lou Siffler, Lucifer. So I will say we meet the devil in it.
It won’t happen as a live action because Billy [Murray] won’t come on to the live action but he will voice his part, as a CGI animated project.
With CGI, and animation, the way these cartoons are done, we can do everything I wrote in that script for a lot less money.”

Dan Aykroyd Comfirmed it in the Radio Interview linked above!

YESSSSSSSs!!!!!!!!

hurry up and make it! in fact, bring all the 80's cartoons back as animated cartoons! i wanna see G.I. Joe, Thundercats, He-Man, Voltron, Silverhawks, M.A.S.K. , and Johnny Quest.....ALL cg movies! do it now!!! hehe

That's kind of old and since the time it was brought up, nothing new has happened and I remember people pointing to other sources in which Dan was going against the project, so it's still up in the air really.

I'm not watching it.

What's with bringing back these old movie series all of a sudden? Indiana Jones? Die Hard? Rocky? Rambo? Beverly Hills Cop? Now Ghostbusters? (though in CGI)

No good can come of this. Let the 80s franchises rest in peace. Don't tarnish them with inferior follow ups.

I don't want a cgi ghostbusters or a cgi He-Man. I want them like Transformers the live action movie. He-man eternia based not on earth. Castle Greyskull,Palace Eternia Snake Mountain. Gratymer and The Dragons Of Dark Smoke.

anyone heard any news on this project lately or is it in development hell?

Sounds awesome. I love the fact they are going CGI...they can do incredibly photo-realistic CGI nowadays...if they go that route. And with the original actors voicing, it would really feel like a Ghostbusters movie.

Plus, if they go CGI, they won't have to look old and fat and completely out of place. I mean, in the real world, Harold Ramis is friggin' huge these days, whereas Egon was also very thin.

I would rather a CGI Ghostbusters 3 with the original cast providing the voices, than a live action remake. That's for sure.

Hearing him talk about is nothing unusual. It's just going the C.G.I. route reminds me of the Turtles.

I've been waiting 18 years for this, but my expectations for this one are really low.

they've been on about it for years now. I'll believe it when I see it.

Added to the fact that they've announced just about everything, when it comes down to this movie. I won't be surprised if it comes to a halt again.

Dan has just wanted this movie and it always stops right when it looks like its going to happen.

Probably happen here too. He mentioned a game as well a while back and it suffered the same fate.

This movie is NO LONGER HAPPENING!

An interview with Harold Ramis was taken not too long ago and he said there will be no CGI Ghostbusters film. Though right now they are in development of a Ghostbusters video game and all four guys should be back for voice overs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"