Why aren't PC Games included in this "Microsoft" forum?

Fenrir

Devourer Of Gods
Reaction score
I mean technically they should be, considering Windows is practically the only platform for PC gaming and no one ever games on a Mac OSX or a Linux. Plus the PC Games forum is pretty much dead anyways that few, if anyone goes to or posts in.

This place is wierd...:confused:

The forums didn't used to be split at all, someone was just whining about their being "disagreements" in the forum and they finally did it without giving it any thought whatsoever, like most of the things the mods do here. All it really did though was give the flames entire forums to consume rather than just a few threads, so it was a total failure, again, like most of the things the mods do here. You'll get used to it eventually. Just remember, this is the only forum worth a damn, and home of everyone who's not a moron. The PC forum is a waste land, and can be used for whatever you'd like, we'll probably convert it into a spam forum some time in the near future. The Sony forum is the wild west, feel free to flame and troll to your hearts content in there, the inhabitants are too dumb to care, or even realize that it's happening most of the time. The Nintendo forum is...there, I guess. Enjoy your stay in the games forum.

Really? Because right now I have Civ 4 and Warcraft 3 installed on my Macbook. And judging by the almost equal-sized library o games for Mac's as PC's, I guess I'm the only one.

I'm a big Apple fan, but...yeah, I think you're the only one out there that has any games for it :(

The fact that they were able to find ten 'mac gamers' for that banner in the first place makes me think the whole website is a hoax.

So when someone gives you a piece of evidence to suggest a truth contrary to your opinion, you just call the evidence fake without any supporting evidence of your own?

Incredible...

Manny Calavera said:
The forums didn't used to be split at all, someone was just whining about their being "disagreements" in the forum and they finally did it without giving it any thought whatsoever, like most of the things the mods do here. All it really did though was give the flames entire forums to consume rather than just a few threads, so it was a total failure, again, like most of the things the mods do here. You'll get used to it eventually. Just remember, this is the only forum worth a damn, and home of everyone who's not a moron. The PC forum is a waste land, and can be used for whatever you'd like, we'll probably convert it into a spam forum some time in the near future. The Sony forum is the wild west, feel free to flame and troll to your hearts content in there, the inhabitants are too dumb to care, or even realize that it's happening most of the time. The Nintendo forum is...there, I guess. Enjoy your stay in the games forum.

Let this be your first and only warning. I'm not putting up with your crap.

It wouldn't surprise me if they did. It's easier to ban me for implying the mods are, with few exceptions, a bunch of self important **** up's, than it is to admit "hey, we ****ed up, this was a stupid idea". But of course people like Topdawg will remain untouched, even though they spam, flame, flamebait, pretty much everything I've done to a much higher degree, making the forum more unenjoyable for far more people.

The self-admitted trolling is the issue. Mods don't like that when combined with calling them names.

Trigger said:
The self-admitted trolling is the issue. Mods don't like that.
No, I'm the issue, the mods ban me for pretty much anything, or sometimes nothing, and then act all indignant if anyone says anything. One time a mod told me to "cut it out", and I was honestly just joking around in the spam thread, I wasn't saying anything sexually 'bad', posting any bad images, REAL spam (like posting ebay links), nothing, and I honestly asked, no emoticons to imply I was being a smartass or anything "cut what out, exactly?", and they banned me for that. I could post the rules before each of my posts, double checking to follow each to the letter, and I'd still probably end up banned for incorrect smiley usage or some other bull**** like that. There have been much bigger trolls and flamers than me in much bigger forums than the games section. That isn't the "issue".

Well antagonizing them certainly isn't helping the situation. :p

Manny Calavera said:
No, I'm the issue, the mods ban me for pretty much anything, or sometimes nothing, and then act all indignant if anyone says anything. One time a mod told me to "cut it out", and I was honestly just joking around in the spam thread, I wasn't saying anything sexually 'bad', posting any bad images, REAL spam (like posting ebay links), nothing, and I honestly asked, no emoticons to imply I was being a smartass or anything "cut what out, exactly?", and they banned me for that. I could post the rules before each of my posts, double checking to follow each to the letter, and I'd still probably end up banned for incorrect smiley usage or some other bull**** like that. There have been much bigger trolls and flamers than me in much bigger forums than the games section. That isn't the "issue".

I USED TO ENJOY GETTING YOU BANNED......IT WAS KINDA LIKE A GAME. :D :p

Meh, the most that can happen is they ban me and I come back with a newer, cooler name whenever I please until the mods get tired of playing whack a mole. And regardless, I'm right, this whole forum split is really poorly thought out. I mean, let's look at some of the basic idea's behind this. To stop trolling, we're going to give trolls forums labelled with the object of their hate, instead of just a few threads? We're handing them several threads to attack instead of one or two? To stop disagreements we're telling everyone to stay in the forum where people agree with them? Does anyone really want to read a forum filled with nothing but "lol ur so right lol!1"? I doubt it. Am I now trolling if I start a thread about the PS3's immense price, even though that's a valid and much discussed issue, because it's seen as "bad" for Sony, or just because it's from me? This whole thing is just ridiculous. This time next year everyone will just congregate into one forum and treat it like the older games forum, or the mods will have undone this crap. Either way, this "split" is a total failure :down

^

I don't think separate forums for each system are a bad idea. I find it more organised. I don't have to sift through threads related to Nintendo or PC games.

I do agree that it doesn't solve the arguments between respective fanboys however.

Nothing can stop arguments between fanboys, or else they wouldn't be true fanboys. :p

Manny Calavera said:

Let me make this clear--I'm not just speaking as a staffer, I'm also speaking as a friend here.

If you take the time to notice, there's a good period of time between the time the idea was even announced, and when I brought it to Mirko, and when it happened. There's a reason for that. I put a LOT of thought into this, and decided that, if I was right, there would be benefits from this far past any "spreading flame war" you're incessantly talking about, which, quite frankly seems to be the only reason you're willing to give as to why "I fail by having the forum split". And no, this isn't the only forum worth a damn. You and your whining is ruining it. Instead of haiving good, honest reasoning, all you ever do is worship Bill Gates and/or hate on Ken Kutaragi. In that sense, you're just as bad, if not worse, than Horrorfan and his reasoning for not liking anything less than "M" rated games.

Manny Calavera said:
It wouldn't surprise me if they did. It's easier to ban me for implying the mods are, with few exceptions, a bunch of self important **** up's, than it is to admit "hey, we ****ed up, this was a stupid idea". But of course people like Topdawg will remain untouched, even though they spam, flame, flamebait, pretty much everything I've done to a much higher degree, making the forum more unenjoyable for far more people.

No, you're not getting banned because I won't admit to a "screw up" that really isn't. Well, now it is, and it's because of your constant bellyaching. Like I've told everyone---have faith in me, I've got reasons. Far beyond what I'm willing to share just yet, because if I did, I wouldn't be getting an honest reaction out of you guys. And quite frankly, the only reaction I've seen out of you the entire time is "This Idea Sucks! I hate Sony! My XBOX is the best thing on the planet, above food and oxygen!" Quite frankly, I can't see how you can't consider that trolling. Complaining to get a rise out of someone. Yeah, you're just as bad as you claim Topdawg to be. [And if he's that bad, REPORT HIM! I can't see everything, especially since I'm spreading out more now since I'm admin.]

Manny Calavera said:

Funny how you cut out how often I've let things slide, too. Not just with you, but with a lot of people. I can't speak for the mod you're mentioning above, so I won't try to. But you fail to notice you've got a decent post count on this name, too. And a few others. You fail to notice how you're no longer banned immediately on sight. You fail to notice that I've stood up for you several times. And other trolls, we're doing what we can. I patrol here the most, with Doggy being a close second. After all this time, I haven't slighted you guys once-I've been more than fair with all of you, even for those of you who honestly didn't deserve it. But I'm an idiot, right? Because I recommended that we split the games forums. Yeah. Thank you very much.

Manny Calavera said:
Meh, the most that can happen is they ban me and I come back with a newer, cooler name whenever I please until the mods get tired of playing whack a mole. And regardless, I'm right, this whole forum split is really poorly thought out. I mean, let's look at some of the basic idea's behind this. To stop trolling, we're going to give trolls forums labelled with the object of their hate, instead of just a few threads? We're handing them several threads to attack instead of one or two? To stop disagreements we're telling everyone to stay in the forum where people agree with them? Does anyone really want to read a forum filled with nothing but "lol ur so right lol!1"? I doubt it. Am I now trolling if I start a thread about the PS3's immense price, even though that's a valid and much discussed issue, because it's seen as "bad" for Sony, or just because it's from me? This whole thing is just ridiculous. This time next year everyone will just congregate into one forum and treat it like the older games forum, or the mods will have undone this crap. Either way, this "split" is a total failure :down

Explain why you're so right. Please tell me why you think-no, why you KNOW FOR A FACT that I didn't sit on the idea for days checking all the pros and cons beyond what you'd see here in this forum before considering it an idea worthy to bring to the owner and administrator of the site. This goes LIGHT YEARS beyond the trolling aspect of it. And so far, from what I've seen [admittedly, not as much as I would have two months ago], you've been the only troll with crap like "The Sony Diet" IN THE SONY FORUM, which was Wii related, but you were swearing Sony would steal it. Why would you do something like that when you KNOW FOR A FACT that it would stir up trouble. Zenien made a thread too, but it wasn't nearly as bad as yours "99N SUCKS ASS [when really, it was reported as mediocre]"

No, you're not trolling just because you want to discuss the price. It's all in the way you say things. Calling people idiots and "Sony-****es" isn't how one intelligently argues a point, nor is "Micosoft can and will always do things better than Sony". With you, specifically, you tend to completely ignore any redeeming qualities of anything that you don't like, even if they are proven facts. Example, I've seen you dog Final Fantasy more times than I care to admit, and yet you don't once note how well they sell. I'd go on, but I honestly don't think anyone is really reading after all this.

I used to troll, but after the split and being put on probation for a week ive stopped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"