• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Dark Knight Why do they make us wait like this?

Because WB has more important things to do than to appease a number of impatient fanboys on the internet.

It's a business.

I think everyone who's following TDK VERY CLOSERLY is impatient that Dent has been cast, but WB is withholding the information and prolonging the answer to the question "who'll play Harvey Dent?".

I'd consider myself following TDK very closely. And I'm not expecting the announcement for another two weeks, AT LEAST.

Why? Because I'm not making a big deal out of it. It's a damn announcement. We'll know before the movie starts shooting. Stop worrying about it so much and enjoy the speculation.

Well perhaps they have there man, but all the lines haven't been signed and such. It may take a bit longer to get all the formalities worked out before we get the name.

I'd like to find out soon, but I'm not in charge so I'll just keep waiting.

Boom said:
I'd consider myself following TDK very closely. And I'm not expecting the announcement for another two weeks, AT LEAST.

Why? Because I'm not making a big deal out of it. It's a damn announcement. We'll know before the movie starts shooting. Stop worrying about it so much and enjoy the speculation.
Agreed. I'm here every day of the week, and, like you, I really could care less. And honestly, after experiencing the lead in to BB, then SR, now TDK, you - or at least I have - really learn to just enjoy the whole experience. The antisipation is fun, the hype is fun, I don't want to rush that.

No kidding. Look, if you want to survive this process, you need to learn how to go with the flow.

Just wait until we start hitting the dry periods during production. Then you'll see nothing but weeks of fan speculation. I mean just look at the Spider-Man 3 boards. They haven't had any worthwhile news since the trailer came out, and that was in June.

If you're going to get bent out of shape over an iminent cast announcement, then you're going to be driven insane by the time TDK releases in theaters.

If it's Brad Pitt, I'll **** a brick.

I wouldn't mind if that turned out to be true, which I doubt it will. He's a good actor, he just comes with alot of baggage.

I meant that in the best possible way. I ****in love Pitt.

I do too, he's one hell of an actor. I doubt it'll be him, but I would be very satisfied with that choice. :up:

I actually wouldn't rule out somebody like Terence Howard, either, although I hear he's signed to make a movie about Charley Pride so I doubt it'll be him.

Chiwetel Ejiofor would be good, just because he can play any part with his hands behind his back. In fact, Ejiofor to replace Katie Holmes as Rachel :oldrazz:

Boom said:
No kidding. Look, if you want to survive this process, you need to learn how to go with the flow.

Just wait until we start hitting the dry periods during production. Then you'll see nothing but weeks of fan speculation. I mean just look at the Spider-Man 3 boards. They haven't had any worthwhile news since the trailer came out, and that was in June.

If you're going to get bent out of shape over an iminent cast announcement, then you're going to be driven insane by the time TDK releases in theaters.
I will admit, that's the one time when it's really hell; right after filming finishes up, and there's nothing to talk about. It's a good three months of absolute boredom. :(

Beginning of filming is pretty bad too imo. Aside from a few set pics, there's nothing really noteworthy to talk about since a lot of the big things are behind closed doors.

I hope there's extensive Chicago shooting this time. The couple of weeks they did last time was the best news period during filming. Those first Batmobile clips and Batman on a rooftop. Mmmm

Crooklyn said:
Beginning of filming is pretty bad too imo. Aside from a few set pics, there's nothing really noteworthy to talk about since a lot of the big things are behind closed doors.
That's true. The on-location stuff is the best **** ever, though. :o

CConn said:
That's true. The on-location stuff is the best **** ever, though. :o
Except of course when they're on location to shoot buildings. Was I the only one not terribly excited about the various set reports/pics on Arkham? :o

Honestly...it was sorta cool to see the first non-Schumacher arkham. :o

Obviously, that moment passed in about a half of second, though. :)

I don't remember too much about Schumacher's Arkham, but I do significantly remember it almost mirroring the BTAS exterior.

Honestly Nolan's take on Arkham disappointed me. :(

CConn said:
Honestly...it was sorta cool to see the first non-Schumacher arkham. :o

Damn right. I was excited about that.

Obviously, that moment passed in about a half of second, though. :)

Yeah. :(

LOL.

This Harvey Dent casting is really the only thing i'm impatient to hear about. I have no problem waiting to hear who's playing Penguin or Maroni, or what the new suit/car will look like. I can wait for all that stuff. But I really, really want to know who Dent is.

I think it's because of my fear of them casting someone like Phillipe. I mean, most of the Penguin suggestions havne't been to bad, and I dont really have a favorite. Whoever they cast, i'll probably be happy with. But when it comes to Dent, there are so many names that have been rumored or carry a lot of fan support that I would really be upset with. Like Joaquin Phoenix. I dont get it, he's not a bad actor he just doens't seem like the Harvey Dent type to me at all.

But really, once they tell me Liev Schreiber or Guy Pearce is Harvey Dent, i'll be content with not hearing anything for a long, long time. I'll have no more worries about the film (for a while i worried Nolan would take his realism too far and we'd get a lame Joker who carves smiles or some crap, but i doubt that after all the stuff we've been hearing lately) and i can just rest easy. Probably visit the boards a lot less too.

Travolta: Like...ah ma god...I got acid on ma face!

Why do they make us wait like this?

Patience is a virtue.

The small text underneath Bryan Singer's 'SR' video blogs told me so.

Only thing is, the download didn't take that long, so the text was irrelevant.

It shares a common thread with this one.

I'm kidding. The wait is the real Killing Joke my friends. They do it to spite us like Iditarod snow dogs. Then, when we're at their mercy, they throw us scraps to salivate our palate. We continue on the trail to the release date, and their scheme to hook us is complete.

Who wins? Warner Bros. The Phillip Morris of Film Studios.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"