Why Hideo Kojima is ******ed....

Horrorfan

Superhero
Reaction score
Now, I'm not into the whole console war thing any more, but Kojima's stupid metaphores that make very little sense all things considered continue. It's this misunderstanding of language and his clumsy way of putting things that turns the metal gear plots into lumbering statements with cheesy as hell dialogue.

Kojima - "But like I said, MGS4 is aimed for the movie theatre, it's aimed for the PS3, so the game's scenario and graphics need this theatre-type hardware. It's when a producer has a game that can work on the 'DVD level' that a game will go multiplatform", he says. Sorry kids. Your "OMGMGS4360" banners will have to come out another day.

Since we've opened up this can of worms, I may as well get his thoughts on it. Why, I ask, do you think this rumour simply refuses to go away? "Because 360 owners want it on 360, obviously", he quips. http://kotaku.com/gaming/go307/featu...ima-248695.php

Leaving money on the table? Yeah. But there's a point where you've so fine tuned something for one architecture that porting it over the another radically different one, and getting the same results, isn't feasible, so they probably never wrote their code with cross platform development in mind, because they wanted to write it to get the absolute most they could out of the PS3 architecture.

There isn't going to be a PC version of this MGS unlike all the previous games.

Leaving money on the table? Yeah. But there's a point where you've so fine tuned something for one architecture that porting it over the another radically different one, and getting the same results, isn't feasible, so they probably never wrote their code with cross platform development in mind, because they wanted to write it to get the absolute most they could out of the PS3 architecture.

There isn't going to be a PC version of this MGS unlike all the previous games.

No, it was him comparing a PS3 to a movie theatre and then unfavourably comparing other ''consoles'' to a DVD player, despite the fact that both next gen consoles are equal in power. It was the same with his ******ed dinner statement last year. The guy can't even be pretentious without messing up.

I love his nonsensical metaphors. :)

He can keep making them as long as he keep making great games. :)

I love his nonsensical metaphors. :)

He can keep making them as long as he keep making great games. :)

Yeah but at least you can admit he's nonsensical.

Some people ( *cough* HIPPIEHUNTER *cough* ) are convinced that they are some kind of devine message :oldrazz:

Kojima has already ready made it pretty clear that Blu-Ray is the reason he prefers PS3 to Xbox 360 so much. He actually had to cut things out of MGS3 just to fit it onto one DVD9, and according to him, even fitting MGS4 onto a 50GB Blu-Ray is gonna be a tight fit. He calls the 360 a "DVD player console", because that's exactly what it is. 360 uses DVD, and PS3 uses Blu-Ray, which really is the closest that we can get to the theater experience with current technology.

PS3 and 360 are similar in power in that PS3 has a better processor, while 360 may have a better graphics card (depending on who you ask). Kojima apparently feels that a better CPU and lots of disc space are necessary for the game he wants to make.

Because the PS3's RSX GPU is based on an existing Nvidia GPU, and 360's GPU is completely proprietary, many people assumed that meant that 360's graphics card was some kind of prototype for ATI's next-gen PC graphics card. Really though, this is only an assumption with no data behind it, and many developers have said that 360 and PS3's GPUs are not very different when it comes to power. The PS3 definately has an advantage when it comes to it's CPU for floating operations though, and in the long haul I think that PS3 exclusives will outshine 360's exclusives.

Yeah but at least you can admit he's nonsensical.

Some people ( *cough* HIPPIEHUNTER *cough* ) are convinced that they are some kind of devine message :oldrazz:

Kojima is a f**king god dammit! :o

Kojima has already ready made it pretty clear that Blu-Ray is the reason he prefers PS3 to Xbox 360 so much. He actually had to cut things out of MGS3 just to fit it onto one DVD9, and according to him, even fitting MGS4 onto a 50GB Blu-Ray is gonna be a tight fit. He calls the 360 a "DVD player console", because that's exactly what it is. 360 uses DVD, and PS3 uses Blu-Ray, which really is the closest that we can get to the theater experience with current technology.

PS3 and 360 are similar in power in that PS3 has a better processor, while 360 may have a better graphics card (depending on who you ask). Kojima apparently feels that a better CPU and lots of disc space are necessary for the game he wants to make.

Because the PS3's RSX GPU is based on an existing Nvidia GPU, and 360's GPU is completely proprietary, many people assumed that meant that 360's graphics card was some kind of prototype for ATI's next-gen PC graphics card. Really though, this is only an assumption with no data behind it, and many developers have said that 360 and PS3's GPUs are not very different when it comes to power. The PS3 definately has an advantage when it comes to it's CPU for floating operations though, and in the long haul I think that PS3 exclusives will outshine 360's exclusives.

To be frank, I think he's talking bull****. Honestly, I don't see ANY game using anywhere near the amount of blu ray space he is claiming- I could be wrong, but I doubt it. A long time ago he said the game could work easily on 360 if he decided to make it for it (which he's not obviously)- but it seems a strange comment for someone to make if they are convinced only blu-ray is capable of it.

I honestly don't see ANY sony exclusives as intriguing or as intelligent as Bioshock and Alan Wake, nothing that matches the pure fun of Dead Rising, not FPS to awnser Halo 3 and certainly nothing to match Mass Effect, and it has the DC MMO- the poor man's awnser to the 360's Marvel MMO. Maybe for some people the exclusives for sony are better, but to be honest, I can't really understand those people who say it will. So far, and this is with all honesty, I haven't seen anything done better before. Mass Effect seems like the biggest, most expansive RPG ever, Bioshock looks to revoloutionise FPS, and Alan Wake looks highly original and is from the team behind Max Payne- in my humble opinion,, Sony has no real counter to any of those games. But different strokes and all that.

Hippy, Kojima is a god- the god of crappola :o

MGS games are very high quality so I don't know where you're going with that.

MGS games are very high quality so I don't know where you're going with that.

Not really.

Can you honestly say the plot and storylines, for whatever bizarre reason you enjoy them, are good?

The dialoge is attrocious (littered with kojima's nonsensical ramblings), the plot is burdened by a heavy handed and ill thought out moral message, and it's just the cheesiest thing EVER.

Can you honestly say the plot and storylines, for whatever bizarre reason you enjoy them, are good?

Yes, yes I can.

The dialoge is attrocious (littered with kojima's nonsensical ramblings), the plot is burdened by a heavy handed and ill thought out moral message, and it's just the cheesiest thing EVER.

Is it perfect? No. Can the messages be heavy handed? Yes. Can Metal Gear be incredibly Cheesy? Definitely!

And when it's all said and done the very things you hate are some of the things that make me love Metal Gear. With all the literary short comings you're so found of pulling your hair out over, the games are crafted into an experience that, for me, is one of the most engaging, enjoyable, and entertaining series on the market.

Metal Gear certainly has a better story then just about any other console games on the market today. They're charming, quirky, but also able to pull you in and engage you emotionally, warts and all. I don't care if they aren't realistic, shooting the Boss in MGS3 and the overall experience of that game was awesome from beginning to end. I've never smiled or laughed as hard in any other game as I have during the 'comedy' codec conversations with Paramedic, or Otacon. Metal gear Solid 1 had me on the edge of my seat for the entire game, I was engaged emotionally when Meryl was shot down by Sniper Wolf and wanted to shoot herself rather then be a liability to Snake, my jaw was on the floor during the entire Grey Fox/Metal Gear event. Fighting a Young Ocelot, escaping the Research Facility etc...

Is it Macbeth, or I Claudius? No. But it darn well gets the job done at the end of the day. You can say Kojima isn't a good writer all you want, but I'd argue that he's sure as heck proven to be a good story teller and game director. There's a reason MGS is popular, and it's not because MGS hit the right time at the right place. MG was a moderately successful series that was over a decade old by the time MGS came out and MGS was launched into the thick of a very competitive Playstation Market, there was no vacum, it carved it's own space.

Do I think MGS 2 was a miss step? Sure. Do I think some things in MGS3 could have been better? Yeah. Is Metal gear Solid 4 my most anticipated next gen game? Without a doubt.

I feel sorry for anyone who can't enjoy Metal Gear Solid games, I really do, because they are fantastic titles - Shane B.

Yes, yes I can.

Is it perfect? No. Can the messages be heavy handed? Yes. Can Metal Gear be incredibly Cheesy? Definitely!

And when it's all said and done the very things you hate are some of the things that make me love Metal Gear. With all the literary short comings you're so found of pulling your hair out over, the games are crafted into an experience that, for me, is one of the most engaging, enjoyable, and entertaining series on the market.

Metal Gear certainly has a better story then just about any other console games on the market today. They're charming, quirky, but also able to pull you in and engage you emotionally, warts and all. I don't care if they aren't realistic, shooting the Boss in MGS3 and the overall experience of that game was awesome from beginning to end. I've never smiled or laughed as hard in any other game as I have during the 'comedy' codec conversations with Paramedic, or Otacon. Metal gear Solid 1 had me on the edge of my seat for the entire game, I was engaged emotionally when Meryl was shot down by Sniper Wolf and wanted to shoot herself rather then be a liability to Snake, my jaw was on the floor during the entire Grey Fox/Metal Gear event. Fighting a Young Ocelot, escaping the Research Facility etc...

Is it Macbeth, or I Claudius? No. But it darn well gets the job done at the end of the day. You can say Kojima isn't a good writer all you want, but I'd argue that he's sure as heck proven to be a good story teller and game director. There's a reason MGS is popular, and it's not because MGS hit the right time at the right place. MG was a moderately successful series that was over a decade old by the time MGS came out and MGS was launched into the thick of a very competitive Playstation Market, there was no vacum, it carved it's own space.

Do I think MGS 2 was a miss step? Sure. Do I think some things in MGS3 could have been better? Yeah. Is Metal gear Solid 4 my most anticipated next gen game? Without a doubt.

I feel sorry for anyone who can't enjoy Metal Gear Solid games, I really do, because they are fantastic titles - Shane B.

Dear god.....I just give up on humanity. I really do.

Horrorfan, you're a moronic rodeo clown due to the simple fact that, you fail to comprehend that people hve different tastes and opinions that differ from your own. Think what you will of Kojima and the MGS games but know this, the series is popular and there are people out there who enjoy these games.

The MGS games are far from being perfect but they're brilliant games in their own right. I personally feel all the games in the series are great and each contribute something that builds upon the popularity. The cinematic experiences, the graphics, the compelling storylines (as complex and twisted as they are) the sound, the music, the outrageous characters. Perfect ingredients to make an enjoyable video game that is worthy of the money spent on it.

Sorry but your rants of a raving, deluded armchair critic make you look like a complete jackass. If you gave the impression that your views are subjective and showed appreciaion for the opinions of those who like these games, maybe you'd be treated with a bit more respect or at least have your existence a little more appreciated.

The most amusing thing being that his most highly anticipated next project is in fact Wii-bound with the makers of Killer 7 ;)

Horrorfan, you're a moronic rodeo clown due to the simple fact that, you fail to comprehend that people hve different tastes and opinions that differ from your own. Think what you will of Kojima and the MGS games but know this, the series is popular and there are people out there who enjoy these games.

The MGS games are far from being perfect but they're brilliant games in their own right. I personally feel all the games in the series are great and each contribute something that builds upon the popularity. The cinematic experiences, the graphics, the compelling storylines (as complex and twisted as they are) the sound, the music, the outrageous characters. Perfect ingredients to make an enjoyable video game that is worthy of the money spent on it.

Sorry but your rants of a raving, deluded armchair critic make you look like a complete jackass. If you gave the impression that your views are subjective and showed appreciaion for the opinions of those who like these games, maybe you'd be treated with a bit more respect or at least have your existence a little more appreciated.

It's popular so it MUST be good. Good logic.

BTW, who are you again? Noobs.:whatever:

wow you have been here since 2005...takes a special kind of blandness to coast along for that long and no one caring about you or knowing who you are :p

wow you have been here since 2005...takes a special kind of blandness to coast along for that long and no one caring about you or knowing who you are :p

Thought popularity didn't mean it was good, so why would he have to be a popular poster for his opinions to matter?

At any rate MGS is very popular, as to whether it's good or not is opinion as with any game. I personally love the story, the characters are top notch, the gameplay is great, and above all the experience is awesome. The interactivity in some boss fights, the way Snake talks and reacts through certain moments like being tortured and the characters react to him, the whole series has a cinematic feel. To me MGS screams high quality (though I agree it's not perfect).

I personally don't like Halo, I bought the second game awhile back and hated it. I tried the first one and didn't see it as being anything special or different from the 1mil other FPS's, and prefer Half-Life and it's mod Counterstrike hands down. However I realize that's just my opinion, and when I see X-box forums filled with posts reacting like it's the best game ever created, sure I scratch my head, but I realize that it's all opinion and they have that right. People like Halo and I respect that opinion even if I don't get it. I like MGS and I realize some don't and I respect that too.

As for him needing the space of Blu-ray and the processing power it may be true, we honestly don't know. A lot of ppl on here seem to think space means nothing and no game will ever use 50GB, honestly though it doesn't take long to fill up that much space. More storage space means game developers don't have to toss out extra levels in fear of running out of room on one disk and having to make it a 2 disk game which will cost them xtra to produce multiple disks.

Wow, the arrogance of certain posters here.

I register that yes MGS is not the be all and end all of gaming as some claim here, I'm totally ambivalent on the next gen status of MGS. After MGS3, I lost a lot of interest. The story went off in the wrong direction, and paled next to the PSX version, as did MGS2. Whilst I'm not chomping at the bit for MGS4, I am going to buy it, and no I've no doubt I'll enjoy it. With this 'franchise' (god I hate that word), its the characters that sell the games, both the heroes and the villians, and can anyone deny that they aren't great characters? If in recent efforts not in substance how about design?

But at their core, the games are great fun, which is why we play games in the first place. The gameplay is great and revolutionary, creating a brand new (admittedly oversaturated) genre, and unlike some mass produced tat that seems to be coming out of some studios. You can feel the effort. The visuals, the sound, the production. They really try when really they don't have to, these games are guaranteed sellers.

Don't forget this story originates in a different culture, which in some ways is very heavy handed and cheesy within itself. Be glad that someone has really pushed themselves to provide a mostly universally acceptable plot because again, they didn't have to. This could have been generic spy vs terrorists and it would still sell on the back of the gameplay.

Don't think you're cool because you disagree with the popular vote Horrorfan, and so what about the length of time someone's a member vs their HYPE influence or post count. Are we supposed to wait for a certain number of posts or threads before having an actual opinion?

If so what are we to do until then?

Maybe he actually has a life besides posting on a comic related message board. Maybe he likes excersise and sunshine.

Ok penis, firstly, learn to read. I said, people enjoy these game and yes, they are popular and yes, logically that means they're good games because people believe they are. I also stated that these games are far from perfect but you clearly lack the cerebral capacity to understand anything other than your own bull sh1t.

Secondly, I've been here since 2000 and more than enough people know who I am. You on the other hand I didn't even know existed and thats because you probably spend your pathetic life trolling boards and web sites, spreading your useless propaganda at how much you hate Kojima. You're a disgruntled loser because you're not getting metal gear, be honest. Lol, you've served your entertainment value now, p1ss off. :o

Ok penis, firstly, learn to read. I said, people enjoy these game and yes, they are popular and yes, logically that means they're good games because people believe they are. I also stated that these games are far from perfect but you clearly lack the cerebral capacity to understand anything other than your own bull sh1t.

Secondly, I've been here since 2000 and more than enough people know who I am. You on the other hand I didn't even know existed and thats because you probably spend your pathetic life trolling boards and web sites, spreading your useless propaganda at how much you hate Kojima. You're a disgruntled loser because you're not getting metal gear, be honest. Lol, you've served your entertainment value now, p1ss off. :o

I've never heard of you and that's all that matters. You must be a real non personality, that's all I have to say, to have been around for so long and just never said anything memorable or of any value whatsoever. Well done on just being there....pretty much sums up your whole existance, no? :o

Wow, the arrogance of certain posters here.

I register that yes MGS is not the be all and end all of gaming as some claim here, I'm totally ambivalent on the next gen status of MGS. After MGS3, I lost a lot of interest. The story went off in the wrong direction, and paled next to the PSX version, as did MGS2. Whilst I'm not chomping at the bit for MGS4, I am going to buy it, and no I've no doubt I'll enjoy it. With this 'franchise' (god I hate that word), its the characters that sell the games, both the heroes and the villians, and can anyone deny that they aren't great characters? If in recent efforts not in substance how about design?

But at their core, the games are great fun, which is why we play games in the first place. The gameplay is great and revolutionary, creating a brand new (admittedly oversaturated) genre, and unlike some mass produced tat that seems to be coming out of some studios. You can feel the effort. The visuals, the sound, the production. They really try when really they don't have to, these games are guaranteed sellers.

Don't forget this story originates in a different culture, which in some ways is very heavy handed and cheesy within itself. Be glad that someone has really pushed themselves to provide a mostly universally acceptable plot because again, they didn't have to. This could have been generic spy vs terrorists and it would still sell on the back of the gameplay.

Don't think you're cool because you disagree with the popular vote Horrorfan, and so what about the length of time someone's a member vs their HYPE influence or post count. Are we supposed to wait for a certain number of posts or threads before having an actual opinion?

If so what are we to do until then?

Maybe he actually has a life besides posting on a comic related message board. Maybe he likes excersise and sunshine.

First of all....you're wrong. Metal Gear sucks ass and you know it.

Secondly....no, there is no second. You are just plain wrong. Suck it up :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davutha
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"