Why is the PS2 outselling the xbox360 by such a wide margin?

LongDong

Sidekick
Reaction score
Is the xbox360 still hard to find or just lacking enough games to make most poeple upgrade?

PS2 473,000 units per month
360 246,000 units per month

Talk about a surprise.

On page 25 of Gamepro magazine issue 216, on sale now at your local news stand

Sony dominates the video game industry.
so many people bought the ps2, now theyre waiting for the ps3.

Because the PS2 is dirt cheap? :confused:

I thought for sure the next gen console would be the number one seller. Is it still hard to find? My local stores seem to have plenty in stock.

No, it's not nearly as hard. Many people are still on the last gen bandwagon waiting to see how things play out in the next few months. Until then, they gotta entertain themselves.

1. Because the PS2 is inexpensive.
2. Because of Japan.

True. Remember 6 years ago when they cut the size of the PS1 and cut the price. It sold like gangbusters. Going into Microplay to rent PS2 games I'd see parents buying a PS1 for their toddlers.

lol. I dont know about america but in europe most people want to buy a PS3.
because they are so used to PS2.

I meant in europe if you watch like gaming shows and stuff.theyre really hyping the PS3.

1. Most likely because of Japan. I don't think 360 is as popular there.
2. Your name makes me think of dirty images.

The ps2 is cheaper. The game are cheaper, and I dont think the 360 has that killer app yet that will make people go out there and buy the system. When Halo 3 comes out, Im pretty sure the 360 will sell much faster.

I think it's because PS2s are breaking and needing replaced at a greater speed than people are buying a next-gen system. :p

That, and at this time of the year, we're heading towards X-Mas season, where we'll see 2 new systems. I know a bunch of customers where I work are still banking on the hope that they'll see a drop in XBOX360's price in November, so they don't mind waiting 2 more months to get the 360.

But yeah, I'm not exaggerating at all when I say that probably a good 8/10 PS2s sold at the Circuit City where I work at are replacements for their broken ones.

LongDong said:
Is the xbox360 still hard to find or just lacking enough games to make most poeple upgrade?

PS2 473,000 units per month
360 246,000 units per month

Talk about a surprise.

On page 25 of Gamepro magazine issue 216, on sale now at your local news stand

See, this only confrims what I've been suspecting...

And I won't tell you what I've been suspecting.:o

TheGrayGhost said:
See, this only confrims what I've been suspecting...

And I won't tell you what I've been suspecting.:o

Aww now, you know you can't tease us with that without eventually telling us. :down

Because their PS2s keep breaking and Sony makes them buy new ones.

There is a simple reason,some people still dont trust Microsoft when it comes to games.The X-Box was a downright failure in Japan,and with a powerhouse like Sony or gaming nolstalga like Nintendo,Microsoft will always be a step behind.

Spidey-Bat said:

Am I seriously the only one who has had the same Playstation 2 since the day I got it in 2001?

hippie_hunter said:
Am I seriously the only one who has had the same Playstation 2 since the day I got it in 2001?

ur not the only one. i've had mine since i bought it in 2002 and it only broke once so i left it on my shelf for six months and then i tried it one day and it magically started working again!:eek: it was a miracle!

hippie_hunter said:

Nope. I got mine Christmas 2000. Still works great. Although that may be because I never played it regularly until 2002 when I got Jak & Daxter.

hippie_hunter said:

My friend has his first onne (launch day). I however am on my third one.

Spidey-Bat said:

If the PS2 defect rate was enough to effect sales in this manner the product wouldn't be allowed to be sold.

It's really inexpensive right now
It is the most recognized brand
It has an amazing collection of games

Sony just lies about the numbers, they've really only sold about 10 million, tops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"