• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Wii STILL has secrets...

Kipobe

Sidekick
Reaction score
With only 21 days to go before launch day the ever secretive Nintendo has pulled a fast one yet again by claiming that it has one more secret up its sleeve. According to GoNintendo, Reggie Fils-Aime, Nintendo's Vice-President of marketing, revealed to fellow Gamespot employees that the Big N plans to reveal what this secret is on November 19th. While this rumour has been circulating across the internet for quite a while now, thanks to GoNintendo's investigative work they have been able to confirm that the rumour is indeed true.

So what do you say my kiddies, is this just a bag of tricks or are we in for just one more treat? what could it be oh what could it be? Wii-mote mic? extra wii-mote in package? Packed-in light-gun or classic controller in every Wii box? Let the speculations begin!

Source

Let the speculation begin!

My thoughts? I believe it's an accessory... maybe the classic controller, or a Wii Points card? Reason being, EBgames (and other companies) have abruptly cut ALL pre-orders on accessories. Would stand to reason that Nintendo gave the go ahead for this if they were planning on doing it themselves.

Regardless, it's nice to hear they're keeping anticipation until the day of launch!

I want the Wii to surprise me by saying that the GC controller will not be needed to play GC games :mad:

Classic controller or extra Wii-Mote would be the awsomeness.:woot:

I hope I hope I hope...

Perrin Kaplan essentially said the same thing during the conference in New York.

I don't think it is going to be too big. Some one told me that Super Mario Bros. (NES) will be a free, digital pack-in for the Virtual Console.

Have they confirmed microphones within the wiimote? Cause if they havent, I'm going with that. Too bad that rumor that theres a projector within the console isn't true. That would have been so awesome.

My guess is a free virtual console game (probably SMB or SMB 3).

Spidey-Bat said:
IT PRINTS MONEY!!!:eek:
According to the constant pre-orders being unfulfilled, I'd say it's merely a license to do so.:woot:

I think it'd be highly impressive. Wasn't the SNES the last console in video game history to offer a second controller in their launch package? Besides, it's a $30(?) item for free. Unless you don't have friends... then it's just an alternate battery holder. :csad:

I'm starting to see why GoldenAgeHero doesn't care:csad:

Even if it is another wiimote($40) or nunchuck/wiimote combo ($60), its still all good. Nintendo wanted to launch the system at $200 but didnt due to retailers, so this could be yet another way of going around that.

Hell, I'll take a free VC download.

Exactly. But somehow I actually think it'll either be a system innovation that they just haven't spoken about, or a smaller accessory. Personally, I wouldn't mind a component cable in the deal. How sweet would that be? Shelf price is $35 which is no biggie within itself, but finding it will be another story... or more like finding it on launch day. I'm holding off on playing Zelda until I get that cable.

:down

GoldenAgeHero said:
never said it was, dumbass. but it won't be anything impressive. change your tampon spidey-bat.

Yeah, that's why you said it was boring and nothing special. :rolleyes:

Could be. I'm going with the built in mic. It hasn't be confirmed yet, but has been highly speculated.

It's some kind of virtual vagina, you stick your penis in it, but unlike a real woman Peach doesn't end with a face that screams disappointment :(

I hope the vv is wireless:csad:

Also, I wrote a beautiful piece on rape in the community, Watch... you should totally check it out. I learned something, and I wrote it:huh:

See, I don't ever really browse all that intently and I end up missing stuff like this. Tivo'd for posterity. :up:

Kipobe said:
I hope the vv is wireless:csad:

It's not so much wireless as it is a poor russian immigrant girl, the "wire" is to keep her from stealing or getting dirt on my couch.

As part of a package $250 deal, I must say... that's not bad. :cyclops:

Spidey-Bat said:
Yeah, that's why you said it was boring and nothing special. :rolleyes:

still does'nt imply that i said it was stupid. now stop catching feelings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"