Days of Future Past Will Logan Save Jean?

SpideyFan866

Avenger
Reaction score
We've heard rumors that Logan aka Wolverine will be the time traveler in X-Men: Day of Future Past.

With that said, one must ask..... will we see Logan try to prevent the events of X2/X3 and save Jean? (as well as Scott and the Professor, whom she killed prior to her death.)

And if so, how EXACTLY will he go about doing this?

Last edited:
We have gotten confirmation that Logan aka Wolverine will be the time traveler in X-Men: Day of Future Past.

With that said, one must ask..... will we see Logan try to prevent the events of X2/X3 and save Jean? (as well as Scott and the Professor, whom she killed prior to her death.)

Well to be fair we have no confirmation, that could be 70s wolverine in the picture, and it may not be mind swap either, that's just how uncertain it is

We have gotten confirmation that Logan aka Wolverine will be the time traveler in X-Men: Day of Future Past.

That depends on what other past events are changed and, depending on those changes, if saving Scott and Jean still needs to be specifically addressed. If so, I guess the easiest way is for Wolverine to warn McAvoy's Xavier about placing psychic barriers in Jean's mind. No barriers=no Phoenix personality.

Last edited:
Well to be fair we have no confirmation, that could be 70s wolverine in the picture, and it may not be mind swap either, that's just how uncertain it is

I thought we got confirmation on this a few days ago?

No, I refuse to have another movie about Jean death/ need to be saved/love live, 3 movies of that are more than enough:cmad:. X-men movies deserve something better, so I just want to get her killed forever or alive and not getting into another resurection plot. This plot should be over, not redone over and over again.

I think you can imply or foreshadow the fates of Jean/Cyke without directly addressing it in this film. I think FC3 is the better platform to potentially alter their fates in a corrected timeline. You could focus on Xavier devising a better solution as opposed to mind blocking the young Jean Grey. This movie should just be about preventing the war from escalating the way it has over the trilogy and future Sentinels.

I doubt it. I don't see them making saving Jean and Cyclops an actual plot point in the movie. It may end up we see them alive again in an alternate future at the end of the film once whatever crisis is going on is averted, but I don't see it being part of the purpose for Wolverine being in the past.

I doubt it. I don't see them making saving Jean and Cyclops an actual plot point in the movie. It may end up we see them alive again in an alternate future at the end of the film once whatever crisis is going on is averted, but I don't see it being part of the purpose for Wolverine being in the past.

I don't think it'll be Logan's purpose for being in the past, but I definitely see him attempting that while there.

I hope they at least have him reference Jean especially after it sounds like she's really haunting him in the Wolverine. Would be odd to just suddenly drop the Wolverine-Jean romance unless they really resolve it in The Wolverine. Maybe he will come to terms with her death in that movie...

Thing is, Logan will have to find and kill his former 70's self to prevent that guy from meeting the X-Men in 2000, and 70's Logan would be in Vietnam in 1973. Otherwise, maybe he could just warn the professor of what comes about in the OT without actually directly impacting it. Otherwise, he'd have to change or alter Magneto's motivations. I don't think you can cover that in this movie, but FC3 is another story.

I thought we got confirmation on this a few days ago?

from what i know everyone is assuming he is because of pictures but there is at least 3 different routes they could go

1. wolverine the time traveler

2. wolverine mind swap to 70s wolverine

3. future wolverine killed and for some reason the past Xavier gets help from 70s wolverine

but if he was the time traveler i'd say wolverine tells Xavier not to hold jeans powers back

#NoMoreLogan&Jeanplots after The Wolverine.

Please and thank u

;)

Ugh. I would hate that. Jean was turned into the biggest woman in a refrigerator thanks to that terrible movie, and him having to kill her is one of the most offensively sexist tropes in entertainment media. Him "saving" her would just rub salt into the wound.

It shouldn't be the purpose for Logan to go back in time, BUT maybe at the end when he goes back to the future he should warn Charles about blocking Jean's mind. I wouldn't mind seeing Jean back in the xmen movies, just make her a minor character like the 90's cartoons.

I don't think it'll be Logan's purpose for being in the past, but I definitely see him attempting that while there.

I just don't see it happening. I don't think they're going to dedicate time to Wolverine going "I need to save Jean". There will be larger stakes and that would feel like taking time out of the movie to deal with a random plot point.

No, please. No Wolverine saving Jean...there are other ways that Jean can be saved...just don't have wolvie be the one to actually save Jean...he could warn Scott somehow... or maybe...instead of just Scott going alone to Alkali Lake, have some of the X-Men go with him... in the alternate timeline.

It could be a nice moment in the film if Logan acts to change the future believing that Jean would get to live and be happy but they might never meet.

^^ I like that. Wolverine willing to not ever meet Jean as long as she lives a happy life.

he might try to warn Xavier, but, Xavier would/should know better then to **** with the timeline

I don't want Jean to be in this movie! She's already having a role in this year's Wolverine movie and DOFP is already handling a lot of things. I say give her a break for a while!

cant agree more with that.

Jean for X6 in any case :funny:

Last edited:
Unless there is some other trick to bringing cyclops back I'm guessing time travel will bring cyclops and jean back

cant agree more with that.

Jean for X6 in any case :funny:

Actually, in my opinion, they should only resurrect her again if its the final movie.

But for DOFP and the next two movies with the OT (if there will be), I would like them to introduce new characters and focus more in the team.

yeah.

Right now, Cyclops, Angel, Kurt and Gambit deserve MUCH MORE attention than Jean.

And another team movie with Jean would mean more Wolverine-Jean-Cyclops tenssion and dialogue.... and seriously, the franchise needs something NEW.

Cyclops by his own would shine much more than with Jean, imo.

Just Cyclops leading the team, and being really badass on action.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"