Will we ever get a Marvel / DC Crossover DTV movie?

Which kinda made no sense. I can see Doom using that as some kind of legal ground but in no way can I see him running like a chicken to get there. He would have either used a doom bot, used some kind of magic spell, and since he knows about kryptonite, he would have had some kind of kryptonite/magic based weapon in his armor. But I'd still like to see Doom and Luthor/Brianiac team up to go up against Spidey and Supes.

But that's what he did do, when Superman visits him at the embassy Doom fires a kryptonite beam at him from a machine, and Superman quickly coats himself in the lead lining of the floor covering(of some type), then he smashes his way into the machine, grabs the piece of kryptonite powering the machine, and throws it into space.
and after that Doom says something along the lines of 'you would not dare violate the law alien.' after Superman says, 'what's to stop me peeling that tin suit off you Doom?'
He doesn't use magic in the book though.

He ran like a chicken to the embassy. That's what I'm saying is out of character.

He ran like a chicken to the embassy. That's what I'm saying is out of character.

That's debatable.

How? What could Batman possibly do to Doom? And with a suit that's loaded with metal gadgets, he'd last about two seconds against Magneto-if Mags didn't decide to pancake him in the Batmobile!

Batman has taken on much stronger villains.

Batman would figure out Mag's strength and go back to his cloth suit but some how reinforce it. He wuold then start using plastic bat a rangs, and that would be that.

As for doom Batman has dealt with more power magicians.

I disagree, Superman was on his tail and he knew the jig would be up and he would most likely go to jail, so he ran to the embassy. At heart, these big talking villans are cowards, even DrDoom. the whole reason they want to be villans is because they are scared that other villans will get them. They are afraid of the monster in the dark, so want to be the monster in the dark. He wanted to be free to fight another day.

I disagree, Superman was on his tail and he knew the jig would be up and he would most likely go to jail, so he ran to the embassy. At heart, these big talking villans are cowards, even DrDoom. the whole reason they want to be villans is because they are scared that other villans will get them. They are afraid of the monster in the dark, so want to be the monster in the dark. He wanted to be free to fight another day.
Well you are right and we agree that Supes would defeat Doom eventually but I just can't see Doom running. With that being said........
Batman has taken on much stronger villains.

Batman would figure out Mag's strength and go back to his cloth suit but some how reinforce it. He wuold then start using plastic bat a rangs, and that would be that.

As for doom Batman has dealt with more power magicians.

You are crazy if you think Batman stands a chance against Doom. You also believe Bats could beat Supes don't you with prep time? If Bats beats Doom, Supes, or even white martians it's bad freakin writing! He stands absolutely no chance against either.

The odds of a Marvel/DC animated movie crossover ever happening are very slim, but not entirely nonexistent. Marvel is owned by Disney. DC is owned by Warner Brothers. It wasn’t all that long ago that these two companies collaborated in another movie project. Maybe you remember it? A little film called Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

The You Tube channel, Bat In The Sun, has done several Marvel vs DC Super Powered Beatdown episodes. Many of these could easily be adapted into full feature length movies. Incidentally, their next video is going to be a fully animated Avengers vs Justice League match up.

I myself have written a Batman vs Punisher fan fiction story. I specifically wanted to put Batman into the same rooftop situation with Punisher as Daredevil had been in (tied up with a gun taped to his hand and only one bullet to stop The Punisher from killing The Joker). Honestly, I think that story would make for a great animated movie.

Another movie idea would be for a super villain from the DC universe (or perhaps a team of villains) open a dimensional rift and escape into the Marvel universe. The Justice League follow them through a dimensional rift of their own. When the Justice League gets there, they find that the villains have already been hard at work causing major problems with the locals. Then The Avengers show up and mistake the Justice League for the villains, thus starting a massive showdown between the two teams. Once they realize their mistake, the two teams join forces in order to defeat the real threat. The only question is, who are the villains going to be? I figure they should have a passing resemblance to the members of the Justice League in order to justify the heroes showdown.

But that’s just my opinion.

No. The target audience, contrary to popular belief, is not us. Movie studios, by & large, know that they can't make any money by putting out movies that are aimed strictly at us, so they try to appeal to the GA, and the GA wouldn't know a crossover if it bit them. I know people who keep insisting that Batman should be in the Avengers movie.

I disagree, to an extent. The general audience are very aware of comic books and comic book characters. There’s scarcely a person in the world today who doesn’t know who Batman, Superman, Spiderman, or The Incredible Hulk are. And the comic book movies that are the most successful are usually the ones that are closest to their source material. Just look at Batman (1988), Batman Returns, Superman (1978), Superman II, Blade, X-Men, X2, just to name a few. All very well received, by comic book and general movie fans alike (if not by the critics). It’s the movies that stray from their source material that always seems to do poorly. Daredevil, The Fantastic Four, Fant4stic, Man Of Steel, Batman vs Superman, Elektra, Catwoman, etc, are all prime examples of the latter.

If done right, a Marvel vs DC crossover movie could very well be very successful.

The sheer logistics, contract costs and production scale, & production cost/scale would make this a no in live action. I'd be all for a animated version though.

The sheer logistics, contract costs and production scale, & production cost/scale would make this a no in live action. I'd be all for a animated version though.

I think that the opening post was about an animated movie actually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"