• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Windows 10

My computer is working better now since it isn't bogged down with an overylong download. Now this Cortona search engine is very annoying since it wants to open up all the time. I told it to refer to me as a certain expletive name which I can't figure out how to change now.:o
With mine the Download didn't take that long, it was the install

As for Cortana, there should be an option to Change Name under the Notebook. Click Settings and then About Me which should show the Change Name option.

lol I didn't read that last part about Cortana<(o_o)> lol

One good thing about the XBOX App. Itd be a good alternate way for gameplay recording right on your Windows 10 Device. Since its not running any games on the Hard Drive

Windows 10 coming to X1 in November.

did they reveal any more improvements coming with the Windows 10 upgrade?

did they reveal any more improvements coming with the Windows 10 upgrade?

Not seen a full list yet but for eg saw this for starters on The Verge:

Powered by Windows 10, the new dashboard includes features that focus on speed and performance, and a design that's a lot more simplified.

One of the key new features in the Xbox One dashboard update is Cortana integration. You can say "Hey Cortana, record the last minute and share it to my activity feed" and it will publish a game clip straight away. Likewise, "Hey Cortana, start a party and invite Amanda" will invite a friend into a voice chat all without having to lift your fingers from your controller. Cortana will require the Kinect sensor for audio controls.

Not seen a full list yet but for eg saw this for starters on The Verge:

thanks.

hopefully, with the emphasis on speed, that includes the whole downloading/installing/updating process.

they say they want gamers to be able to get into their games faster. and there's nothing more frustrating this gen than to get home with your new game, eager to finally play it after months of waiting, only to be hit with the install process and then downloading those huge day 1 patches/updates.

It's funny, I kind of enjoy the installing process when it's a reasonable length of time. I like starting when absolutely everything is updated. And in the meantime the hype builds while I play something else. Of course if it's hours that 'fun' goes out of the window! :woot:

It's funny, I kind of enjoy the installing process when it's a reasonable length of time. I like starting when absolutely everything is updated. And in the meantime the hype builds while I play something else. Of course if it's hours that 'fun' goes out of the window! :woot:

I think that's a good case to have at least a few digital games installed, so that you have something to play while you wait for another game to download/install/update.

especially if you primarily play physical disc games, like I do.

I think that's a good case to have at least a few digital games installed, so that you have something to play while you wait for another game to download/install/update.

especially if you primarily play physical disc games, like I do.

If you get Live you'll have tonnes after a few months.

I've got 25-30. It really is fun. If space was no concern at all and digital prices were a lot cheaper, I'd definitely go all digital.

GRRR getting ticked at Win 10.
OKAY I do NOT have xbone, I have a 360. The smartglass won't CONNECT to the 360. and I can't download the 360 Dashboard because I have win 10......WTF!!!!

So the Windows 10 Smart Glass app is incompatible with the 360?

EDIT: So there's a Xbox 360 SmartGlass app that's not working with Windows 10. Sounds like a uservoice complaint to me.

Last edited:
They don't SEE each other. I'm following what Microsoft says to do WITHOUT a Router and they don't connect.
I'm going to try this afternoon but plug the 360 into a tv monitor to SEE what the 360 is doing WITH internet available.

BOTH Smart Glass apps work. I can SEE What is online in Xbox LIVE on the laptop, and see the same menus on 360 they just don't connect to each other. I don't want to buy a modem and Router and according to Microsoft I shouldn't need to

I'm HOPING that an update for the 360 I just downloaded will help. I can't connect to any of the monitors at the college because they don't have extra Ethernet ports or Hdmi ports or even the rca plug-ins

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"