• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Winnie the Pooh: Blood and Honey

Well, that is something i never saw i would see.
I didnt even know Winnie Pooh was public domain...how did that happen? Why did Disney let that happen?

I didnt even know Winnie Pooh was public domain...how did that happen? Why did Disney let that happen?
Disney just has their own set of rights to the character, I think. This is just regarding the original books.

Oh joy, now like Sherlock Holmes and Dracula we can be inundated with countless horrible adaptations lol

Well that damn face certainly struck fear into my heart!

silly-old-bear-winnie-the-pooh.gif

Wait, this is legit?! Is this the reason Winnie the Pooh was trending on Twitter yesterday??

They don't want to push their luck buying off Congress. So sacrifice some of the tertiary properties while still holding on to their copyrights on the adapted versions (For example, Pooh can't be yellow w/a red shirt in these public domain works) and save up for when it comes time for Mickey to enter public domain. That said, I dearly hope Congress finally grows a spine (LOL, as if) and tells them to pound sand. It's long past time to end their war on the public domain.

That said, I would love for a more unique studio to do a direct, stylized adaptation of Milne's work using the original, beautiful art style.

while still holding on to their copyrights on the adapted versions (For example, Pooh can't be yellow w/a red shirt in these public domain works)
Exactly. I love Winnie the Pooh. My dad read me the stories when I was little, and I read them to my children (from the very same copies I had stored away). I'm torn. Part of me wants to shout 'Sacrilege!', and part of me is curious to see what they do with it. I must admit the title made me laugh.

Edit; Also, I hope it's better than that God-awful Banana Splits movie.

Last edited:
Exactly. I love Winnie the Pooh. My dad read me the stories when I was little, and I read them to my children (from the very same copies I had stored away). I'm torn. Part of me wants to shout 'Sacrilege!', and part of me is curious to see what they do with it. I must admit the title made me laugh.

Edit; Also, I hope it's better than that God-awful Banana Splits movie.

This also made me think of that awful Nicolas Cage Wonderland movie. Sure it seems like a fun idea, but the movie will probably suck.

They don't want to push their luck buying off Congress. So sacrifice some of the tertiary properties while still holding on to their copyrights on the adapted versions (For example, Pooh can't be yellow w/a red shirt in these public domain works) and save up for when it comes time for Mickey to enter public domain. That said, I dearly hope Congress finally grows a spine (LOL, as if) and tells them to pound sand. It's long past time to end their war on the public domain.

That said, I would love for a more unique studio to do a direct, stylized adaptation of Milne's work using the original, beautiful art style.

Disney is using trademark to protect Mickey, and will likely use it for other stuff they deem valuable. The fact that is has been a while since copyright law was touched is an indicator that there isn't much will to expand it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"