Sequels With the Disney-Fox merger is Thor 4 doomed?

I'd like if he's put out of his misery. The only good movies where Thor was actually like Thor of the comics was in the Avengers ones anyway. I'm apparently in the minority but get that comedy-Thor crap outta here. Not to mention a movie where the big line is that he's the god of thunder should've maybe skipped him getting electrocuted over and over. Some basic in-world logic missing there

As character is public domain, I think there's room for a mythological Thor movie or TV series at some point.

With Thor's surge in popularity and beast mode reveal in Infinity War, I'm getting more and more pumped for the idea of Thor 4 and the belief that it could actually happen! Of course it all depends on whether he survives the events of these last two Avengers films.

I will also say this: I'd happily take another Thor film by Waititi or the Russos but how awesome would it be if the Russos could direct it?? :awesome:

My gut feeling is that if they stick around they might spearhead the X-Men revival post Fox-merger but that's still a couple years away at least - maybe they could sneak in one more film?

With Thor's surge in popularity and beast mode reveal in Infinity War, I'm getting more and more pumped for the idea of Thor 4 and the belief that it could actually happen! Of course it all depends on whether he survives the events of these last two Avengers films.

I will also say this: I'd happily take another Thor film by Waititi or the Russos but how awesome would it be if the Russos could direct it?? :awesome:

My gut feeling is that if they stick around they might spearhead the X-Men revival post Fox-merger but that's still a couple years away at least - maybe they could sneak in one more film?

I made a similar post in the Thor thread over the Infinity War section!

After the surge of Thor Ragnarok, and then his popularity booming like crazy thanks to Infinity Wars, coupled with the fact that now Fiege and company seem to be listening to the fans instead, I think a new Thor trilogy is very much possible on the horizon. Unlike Iron-Man and Captain America, Hemsworth seems to really enjoy the character, plus he is still pretty young, so I can totally see him staying on board for another decade.

what about crossovers with Thor in the other heroes in their respective movies?
Dr Strange? Captain Marvel? Spiderman? Avengers? would have a lot of potential to show more there?

I could imagine Civil War 2 with Captain Marvel, spiderman, ...

Thor and Stark conflict and battles in bleeding steel and godkiller armor would be great.
Thor vs Iron Spider? Thor vs Groot? Thor vs Starlord?
Ironman vs Rocket?
We got our vs Hulk thing in Ragnarok already, hulkbuster.. now we need black panther hulkbuster and hulk vs groot and hulk vs ironspider.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"