With Watts Gone…Who Should Direct This Film?

I am sure he would want to do his own thing, but that isn't a bad thing when you are Steven Speilberg

The thing with Spielberg is the stories seem to indicate Marvel was interested in him, but he doesn’t want to do a Marvel film - which is understandable.

But my takeaway on that is, if the story is true, Fiege may be going all out, and I like that.

I’m hoping they’re saying: “The MCU has been in a funk, but we’re going to reenergize it with the FF. The FF will be like Iron Man - setting a new and exciting course for the MCU, and we’re going to get the absolute best director possible to make that happen.”

The Spielberg thing is not happening.
Feige may have asked him , but I'm skeptical that's even true.

It screams fan wishes and desires.
Those are good fan wishes and desires mind you, but their wishes never the less.

Now if Spielberg was interested , I'd be all for it of course.
He'd be great.

But , it's already been debunked .

The Spielberg thing is not happening.
Feige may have asked him , but I'm skeptical that's even true.

It screams fan wishes and desires.
Those are good fan wishes and desires mind you, but their wishes never the less.

Now if Spielberg was interested , I'd be all for it of course.
He'd be great.

But , it's already been debunked .

I hope it is true that he was at least asked. That would signal to me Feige is taking big swings with this.

I’m hoping they’re saying: “The MCU has been in a funk, but we’re going to reenergize it with the FF. The FF will be like Iron Man - setting a new and exciting course for the MCU, and we’re going to get the absolute best director possible to make that happen.”
I hope they're saying that too. But they're probably thinking that more about X-Men. Not only is that a more popular franchise in today's culture, there are multiple teams and solo characters that could spring from it.

But that's the danger with the mutants. They're such a big, sprawling group that they could quickly get diluted. I was a big fan of Claremont's X-Men back in the '80s, but they became so popular the mutants had every other book. I quit reading them because it was just too much. The FF means more to me anyway. But likely not the average person off the streets.

The Speilberg thing is never happening. But boy, if Kevin Feige somehow made that happen....I can only dream of how awesome that would be.

But, let's be real.....Steven Speilberg would be punching down to direct the FF. That dude has a blank check to do whatever he wants basically whenever he wants and have full creative control. He wouldn't get that with the FF, and there is no universe where Speilberg needs the FF to make a name for himself or something.

he directed Tintin. Is Tintin > Fantastic Four?

I hope they're saying that too. But they're probably thinking that more about X-Men. Not only is that a more popular franchise in today's culture, there are multiple teams and solo characters that could spring from it.

But that's the danger with the mutants. They're such a big, sprawling group that they could quickly get diluted. I was a big fan of Claremont's X-Men back in the '80s, but they became so popular the mutants had every other book. I quit reading them because it was just too much. The FF means more to me anyway. But likely not the average person off the streets.

right. I remember comics for Uncanny X Men, X Men gold team, blue team, Wolverine, Gambit, X Factor Excalibur X Force, The New Mutants, Cable, Deadpool, and on and on and on. Fantastic Four just kept it simple except for Thing getting his own series

This is a great point. He has made some questionable choices regarding material over recent years, and I see FF as a near perfect fit for his talents and something that could give him Jaws / Raiders / ET / Jurassic Park type BANG again … if he’s interested in that sort of thing. And why wouldn’t he be?

And if you think about it, FF combines elements of pretty much all those films.

If he’s on the fence, somebody put him in touch with me and I’ll explain to him just why this would be perfect for him.:cwink:

I think one day we will laugh at the idea of Spielberg doing FF. I mean come on, great director, 0 chance of him doing this or agreeing to marvel’s vision.

although if he got Tom hanks for mole man, that would be so fun

No, but Tintin was also something that allowed him creative freedom he wouldn't have on a Marvel movie. I don't see a guy like Speilberg wanting to compromise his vision for the Marvel machine

If its true about Feige wanting a more experienced director, then I think Favreau is probably the best choice. He obviously knows how to work in the MCU system as well as also having a strong filmography.

I love the 1st Iron Man and Mando was great. But Favs also did that dreadful Lion King remake and Book of Boba Fett. I think we can do better. I would like to see someone who hasn't worked within the Marvel machine and is more of an auteur like Raimi or someone like that. Someone who can offer a unique voice. I think FF needs to stand out

I love the 1st Iron Man and Mando was great. But Favs also did that dreadful Lion King remake and Book of Boba Fett. I think we can do better. I would like to see someone who hasn't worked within the Marvel machine and is more of an auteur like Raimi or someone like that. Someone who can offer a unique voice. I think FF needs to stand out

I agree.
I'd prefer they go with a director who hasn't already worked on a Marvel property.

Obviously Marvel has done a great job up until this point, but I’m ready for them to shake things up a bit.

I feel like the most important part of the Marvel formula is that the characters generally look and act like their Comic counterparts, and I want to make sure that continues, but beyond that, I feel like the Marvel films have settled into a pattern that could be disrupted.

With that in mind, I’d like to see a talented director give it their imprint.

As long as Fiege can invest a little time to ensure the script and production design are appropriate, I think beyond that, a good director should be given some freedom to do their thing.

Obviously Marvel has done a great job up until this point, but I’m ready for them to shake things up a bit.

I feel like the most important part of the Marvel formula is that the characters generally look and act like their Comic counterparts, and I want to make sure that continues, but beyond that, I feel like the Marvel films have settled into a pattern that could be disrupted.

With that in mind, I’d like to see a talented director give it their imprint.

As long as Fiege can invest a little time to ensure the script and production design are appropriate, I think beyond that, a good director should be given some freedom to do their thing.

they have been very formulaic. Someone urgently needs to tell Feige Not every MCU film needs to be like the first Iron Man. Look at original comic book films like The Batman, Kick Ass, The Dark Knight, or even pre MCU Marvel flicks Blade and X2 X Men United. I think the D+ shows have been a much needed breath of freah air however. Moon Knight and Loki were excellent. I even liked Hawkeye and Wandavision for not being too formulaic either

Eternals wasn‘t formalistic (for what I like it the most of the Phase 4 projects)…but that doesn’t appealed to the mass

Im thinking its either a safe choice like Jon Favreau or someone completely unexpected like the Batgirl directors.

If it were up to me, I'd get Brad bird ( before WB does ).
I'd also have galactus, the REAL Galactus
( big G )
He could crossover into several films since he is a literal world wide threat.
It would be a good way to bring in the X-men also.

If it were up to me, I'd get Brad bird ( before WB does ).
I'd also have galactus, the REAL Galactus
( big G )
He could crossover into several films since he is a literal world wide threat.
It would be a good way to bring in the X-men also.

i can imagine a scene where we see a fleet of sentinels and Galactus crushes them all

"The ogres thought I'd get Steven Spielberg "
sketch-1661548311881.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"