Wonder Woman '77

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
BzxT72tCIAATrrV.jpg

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/dc-entertainment-announces-wonder-woman-739848
DC Entertainment Announces 'Wonder Woman '77' Digital Comic
11:00 AM PDT 10/12/2014 by Graeme McMillan

Lynda Carter's legacy lives on

It’s been more than three decades since Lynda Carter hung up her satin tights and stopped fighting for our rights with the cancellation of the 1970s Wonder Woman series, but the battle continues in a new digital comic announced by DC Entertainment at New York Comic Con Sunday.

Wonder Woman ‘77 not only spins out of the television series that ran from 1975 to 1979, but also the current Batman ‘66 digital series that launched in 2013 to critical and fan acclaim. As with the latter series, Wonder Woman ‘77 will debut with weekly digital chapters that will later be collected in print (the digital series launches in December, with print versions “to be released early in 2015,” according to DC).

Written by Marc Andreyko, covers for the series will be provided by Nicola Scott. Artists for the stories themselves will be announced in the coming weeks.

Wonder Woman ‘77 was just one of three new digital series announced during DC’s Sunday “Download This!” panel, with the others being based on videogame properties. Mortal Kombat X, debuting in January 2015, will be based on the reboot for the popular game franchise that takes place 25 years after the previous installment, while Fables: The Wolf Among Us adapts the Telltale Games adaptation of Bill Willingham’s Fables comic book series from Vertigo. That title, like Wonder Woman ‘77, launches in December.
DC. Batman '89. NOW.

Doesn't matter. I want a Burtonverse-set comic.

Pretty sweet news. First Batman '66 and now this. Give me Lois & Clark season 5 next please.

Last edited:
Now that I'd read. I was never into the older DC shows, so I've skipped Batman '66 and I intend to skip this too. Maybe they could do a comic based on the '90s Flash TV show, too.

I enjoyed the Lynda Carter show alright. It was campy, but it was more of a...straight-faced camp, I guess I'd say, than the Batman '66 show. Might check it out.

Didn't read batman 66, not for me... But I'm all over this!

Pretty sweet news. First Batman '66 and now this. Give me Lois & Clark season 5 next please.

Seconded!

I want Dean Cain's Supes interacting with Batman, and fighting Doomsday!

Does this mean we might get a Superman 1951 based on the George Reeves days?

Does this mean we might get a Superman 1951 based on the George Reeves days?

I'd be down with that if DC did it in a multi-story format similar to Batman '66 - the serious, crime-drama stories in black & white akin to Seasons 1 and 2; and the more over-the-top fantastic stories in color as with Seasons 3 on. Oh, and with both Loises, too. :woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"