The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Worse part of the movie?

The worst part of the movie? When Harry and Peter stopped being friends. :csad:

I say Goblin,partly because of the laughable look,but also for having Harry-Goblin kill Gwen,when it should've been Norman.Also the dull as dishwater revelation to Harry that Peter was Spidey.

The way Norman found out Peter was Spidey in SM 1 was genius compared to this.

Can I vote for all of those options as well as Peter's *****ey characterisation, the offensive Russian stereotype, the God-awful Orci/Kurtzman hackjob of a script and HERR DOKTOR KAFKA!!! Please?

I picked Goblin, but it was multiple issues.

Can I vote for all of those options as well as Peter's *****ey characterisation, the offensive Russian stereotype, the God-awful Orci/Kurtzman hackjob of a script and HERR DOKTOR KAFKA!!! Please?

Great choices.

Lack of a good villain (0 out of 4) and the continued focus on the useless parents subplot. I'd say those 2 specifically are the root of the film's big problems.

Lack of a good villain (0 out of 4) and the continued focus on the useless parents subplot. I'd say those 2 specifically are the root of the film's big problems.
I think the aimless direction for Peter and Gwen (as characters, as a couple, and their arcs) takes the cake in this respect, especially since it bogged down so much of the movie.

I think the aimless direction for Peter and Gwen (as characters, as a couple, and their arcs) takes the cake in this respect, especially since it bogged down so much of the movie.

I see the parents thing as a general cause of atrophy in the film, precisely because it affects everything about the Peter arc. There's a lot in the film that leads towards that, so it conditions a lot of stuff. Now if you removed that, the story would be more of a blank slate and you could've steered it towards something more identifiable as a Spider-Man adventure. A more focused plot = less "aimless" character arcs. The thing I mention is the root of the thing you mention, I'd say.

am i the only one who got disappointed with electros origin and looks?

The single worst element might have been Doctor Kafka, so over the top. In general, though, it's that the movie is out of tone with The Amazing Spider-Man.

I see the parents thing as a general cause of atrophy in the film, precisely because it affects everything about the Peter arc. There's a lot in the film that leads towards that, so it conditions a lot of stuff. Now if you removed that, the story would be more of a blank slate and you could've steered it towards something more identifiable as a Spider-Man adventure. A more focused plot = less "aimless" character arcs. The thing I mention is the root of the thing you mention, I'd say.

:up:
Good point.

Dr. Kafka tops the list but Max Dillon/Electro is a strong second. He was underdeveloped and underwritten. Making him nebbish and pathetic is one thing, but they made him more into a sad sack psychopath borrowing from Jim Carrey's Edward Nygma minus the mile-a-minute jokes and zingers.

While a visually stunning character at times, Electro shouldn't have been the main villain but Harry and Norman IMO.

Saw the movie again, and I can't get over Electro.
He's as bad as everyone says he is.

Spider-Man was quite irresponsible during the truck chase scene, he focused on his puns when he needed to stop the trucks.
His performance was inefficient.
He let a cab fly over Max, maybe hitting other people, and we don't know if there are people in said cab. Not the best rescue.
The cheese.
What flavor?

Saw the movie again, and I can't get over Electro.
He's as bad as everyone says he is.

Spider-Man was quite irresponsible during the truck chase scene, he focused on his puns when he needed to stop the trucks.
His performance was inefficient.
He let a cab fly over Max, maybe hitting other people, and we don't know if there are people in said cab. Not the best rescue.

What flavor?

Sony with the one two punch of the Avi Arad combo.

Ayy Electro was alright lmao

He just wanted everyone to see him lmao

"Cheese" is the least of ASM2's problems. That wouldn't even make it onto my top ten list of worst things about this movie.

It's got to be Max/Electro for me. Not been able to watch Fox since. What an absolutely terrible portrayal of that character.

-Electro,he looks like a cartoon,how he becomes a villain is too cartoony,his annoying voice when he speaks.
-Goblin,looks like a troll doll.
-Rhino,looks like a transformer.
-Peter's parents backstory.
-Gwen dying too soon in the series,should of been left for movie 4.
-Too many villains.
-Trying to cram Sinister Six into the franchise when we were only on movie 2.
-The whole movie looked and felt like a bad cartoon,if that was their goal,then they should of used The Spectacular Spider-Man for a template.
-No J. Jonah Jameson.
-Norman Osborn as a cameo who dies.
-All villains coming from Oscorp.

The climactic Spidey vs Electro fight felt like a cartoon.

No. Scratch that. Spectacular Spider-man had more weight and drama. Seriously.

The climactic Spidey vs Electro fight felt like a cartoon.

No. Scratch that. Spectacular Spider-man had more weight and drama. Seriously.

Yep. It's amazing that a cartoon had better characterizations, action, drama, and overall a much more satisfying experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"