• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Worst comic book character adaptation to film!!!

Most of the time neither do I, it's supposed to not be forgotten and draw you into the movie. Unless it's kick @$$.

I hated Hackman's Luthor. Half b/c of what he did & half b/c of how it was written. His inability to pronounce words like "missile" & "debris" conflict with his much bragged-about intelligence. Add to this his constant need to remind us that he is "the greatest criminal mind of our time", his being surrounded by incompetent buffoons & the fact that he discovered kryptonite in his head without any point of reference.
The only thing I really like about that movie 30 years later is Reeve.
his being surrounded by incompetent buffoons & the fact that he discovered kryptonite in his head without any point of reference.

Wouldn't that be the reason that he is a genious.The fact that he did come up with it out of his head.

Some of the greatest minds of our century did come across as a bit eccentric.He came across as being a genious without even trying.
Truth be tol must people who act smart usally aren't.

Look at Einstein.

He didn't actg smart.Acctually he acted like a buffoon but he wasn't.

Hackman came across as someone who was so smart that he was bored and needed ways to entertain himself.Amussing himself with buffoons that he felt sorry for and beautiful women.

I liked it.

Some of the worst movies
Howard the Duck
Superman III and IV
The Punisher 1989
Captain America `91 - rubber friggin' ears!!!
Man-Thing
Steel

his being surrounded by incompetent buffoons & the fact that he discovered kryptonite in his head without any point of reference.

Wouldn't that be the reason that he is a genious.The fact that he did come up with it out of his head.

Some of the greatest minds of our century did come across as a bit eccentric.He came across as being a genious without even trying.

Look at Einstein.

Hackman came across as someone who was so smart that he was bored and needed ways to entertain himself.Amussing himself with buffoons that he felt sorry for and beautiful women.

I liked it.
Even the smartest man alive needs a point of reference in order to make a discovery. There has to be study & research. Without having any way of knowing that Krypton exploded-which he couldn't have known because Superman never said it & nobody on Earth knew that it ever even existed-how did he just figure out that there were radioactive fragments to be found? How would he know where to find one? AND HOW WOULD HE KNOW WHAT EFFECT IT WOULD HAVE, NOT JUST ON A KRYPTONIAN, BUT ON A HUMAN?!?!?!? There's no way to hypothesize all of these things. And even if you could, a real genius would find a way to test his theories rather than just assume he was correct. That made no sense to me at all.

Even the smartest man alive needs a point of reference in order to make a discovery. There has to be study & research. Without having any way of knowing that Krypton exploded-which he couldn't have known because Superman never said it & nobody on Earth knew that it ever even existed-how did he just figure out that there were radioactive fragments to be found? How would he know where to find one? AND HOW WOULD HE KNOW WHAT EFFECT IT WOULD HAVE, NOT JUST ON A KRYPTONIAN, BUT ON A HUMAN?!?!?!? There's no way to hypothesize all of these things. And even if you could, a real genius would find a way to test his theories rather than just assume he was correct. That made no sense to me at all.
Okay real quickbut didn't he have a book and wasn't he qouting from it.
Also are we to assume the refreance was done or was he just that arrogant to try.

Best adaptation ever.Acting at it's finest.They really do come off as 2 people.Christpher Reeve was the best.
clarksupescompare.jpg

Okay sorry to be of topic but>>>>>

I do remember a scene where Hacman was reading from a book and talking about Krypton.

Last edited:

Didn't Superman talk about the fact Krypton exploded in the interview with Lois Lane("No, that's Krypton with a 'K'.) which Lex and co are discussing in the library?
There was that photo of the Kryptonite fragment in the book being held by a guy, so he would know no adverse affects on humans. Also, maybe , and I'm not sure if this touched upon, it might have been, didn't the resaerchers in Lex's book know that this fragment came from a planet that had been destroyed?
The genius part could've came in hypothesisng that it could be radioactive to a Krypotian under our sun, just as he has different abilities under our sun. Only one way to test it, and he did.

didn't superman talk about the fact krypton exploded in the interview with lois lane("no, that's krypton with a 'k'.) which lex and co are discussing in the library?
There was that photo of the kryptonite fragment in the book being held by a guy, so he would know no adverse affects on humans. Also, maybe , and i'm not sure if this touched upon, it might have been, didn't the resaerchers in lex's book know that this fragment came from a planet that had been destroyed?
The genius part could've came in hypothesisng that it could be radioactive to a krypotian under our sun, just as he has different abilities under our sun. Only one way to test it, and he did.

You sir are the No-Prize winner!!!!

You are right to all of the above I just remembered.

Look at Einstein.

I liked it.

Lex's plan made no sense though, he was a known criminal, so he wouldn't have been able to claim the land he bought in the first place and I bet people would have suspected that he was behind the nuclear strike in the first palce.

Best adaptation ever.Acting at it's finest.They really do come off as 2 people.Christpher Reeve was the best.
clarksupescompare.jpg

I will say that it was the ONLY time I found the Clark Kent persona plausible. Reeve made Clark & Superman truly seem like 2 different people. He made SUpes dynamic while Clark was someone you didn't even look in the eye. He appeared shorter, even less muscular than the Man Of Steel. Which is among the reasons why I still maintain that he is the ONLY thing I still like about the old movies.

CINO. Mostly because it wasnt an adaptation in the slightest, but WB tried to pass it off as such.

But, if we're going by Marvel, then its Elektra.

Not the worst!!!But I'n annoyed!!!

Okay I just watched the Hulk versus.

When he fought Thor.Yes he was stronger because he was seperated from Banner.However and mind you I say this being a Hulk fan.There is just somthing about Hulk bashing these immortal gods if you will,like they were toys especially in Asgard just comes of a little unplausible to me.I don't know it just does.See if a (Bannerless Hulk) were bashing Thor on earth it seems more plausible.I don't know maybe because he is fighting Thor out of his element like Namor out of the water.Maybe differant mytiphysics or somthing.

Also Wolverine vs.Hulk there was none.A couple of smacks and swipes and it was over.

Also I was infurated.There was a scene right before they get tranqualized.I won't even go there on that.Where Wolverine slashed up Hulk and he drops to one knee and looks at Wolverine as if Wolverine is about to put the kill swipe on him.He just stays there looking at him.

Whether you guys realize it or not they were saying that Wolverine won.He was just stopped by the tranqualizes.I know it's not possible but even still Wolverine got the last shot in.Hulk looked done and tired.He should have been stronger!!!!

He just looks at him.Like get it over with.

That just burns me!!! I hate Wolverine.I'm tired of that crap!!!Really he can do anything!!!Enough already.I used to like him but I'm tired of Marvel shoving him down my throat.Then he can be healed from anything then he can't die.They kept saying let's kill the Wolverine let's kill the Wolverine.HOWWW!!!!!!!!!!There is no threat to killing him making him very boring for me!!!Hulk too!!!!

I call it the Superman factor.At one time Superman became so powerful that the death factor was gone.Damaging the character.Nothing can damge a character more.To this day Superman has never fully recovered.This is why Batman is so popular because even though you know he won't die you know he can.

Going back to the Tranqualizers.Towards the end when Wolverine charges Deadpool Who by the way got on my freakin nerves)He is nothing more then a Spiderman lookalike right down to the wisecracks!!!Anyway Wolverine charges him and Deadpool let's of all these gunshots and Wolverine runs right through them (Healing factor and all right?)Anyway he can't stop him.So I 'm sitting there think hey stupid just shot him with a freakin' tranquilizer again!!!!Bullets don't effect him but traqualizer knock him out.Yeah whatever OKAY!!!!!Anyway if that's the deal then shot him with another couple of tranqualizers.This was just STUPID!!!Especially if your Deadpool and you already know what works on Wolverine and what doesn't!!!!

Not to mention penetrating the Hulk hide.Bullets,Tanks,Missles,explosions bounce of the Hulk but a Tranqualizer can penetrate????????Since when and HOW!!!!!WOW!!!What a stupid Military.General Ross is an idiot.Here he has been wasting years of hard work.Billions of dollars and destruction of cities and Military equipment Tanks,Plans,Misles and Bombs and all he had to do was shoot him with a couple of tranquailizers.Any Elephant Hunter could have told him that.How Stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plus years ago before Wolverine became so popular Marvel had said in one of there stupid Marvel Universes.That although Wolverine's claws could penetrate the Hulk skin because they were"Admantium".It wasn't possible because he lacked the strength to do it.Now he stabs him and all.I'm done.

ARRRRRGHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How is DP a Spiderman look a like? He looks nothing like him and acts nothing like him. When was the last time Spidey cracked jokes about killing babies? Deadpool was the best thing about both of them movies, even Hulk, Thor and Wolverine fans have admitted that.

How is DP a Spiderman look a like? He looks nothing like him and acts nothing like him. When was the last time Spidey cracked jokes about killing babies? Deadpool was the best thing about both of them movies, even Hulk, Thor and Wolverine fans have admitted that.
His masks looks just Spiderman's but without the web.
Also I said he has the same wisecracking behaviour not what he wisecracks about.
Even Marvel seems aware of this:
382px-Deadpool11.jpg

HAHA maybe you should actually read that comic. It is one of the funniest, most brilliant stories ever. Widely regarded so as well.

HAHA maybe you should actually read that comic. It is one of the funniest, most brilliant stories ever. Widely regarded so as well.
I know they are different characters.
I don't need to read it the visual sells itself.His costume resembles Spiderman.
His humor is darker and his wisecracks are wicked but still a wisecracker like Spiderman.

Trust me, before you can try to sum Deadpool up in one sentence you need to read a few of his books. He is one of the most psychologically complex characters in the M.U.

And anyway, he is supposed to look like Spidey there, he is was sent back in time and had to pretend to be Parker/Spidey for a few days, it's complicated. You should read it.

Trust me, before you can try to sum Deadpool up in one sentence you need to read a few of his books. He is one of the most psychologically complex characters in the M.U.
I believe you.I mean in Costume.
Also in Wisecracking,being Obnoxious and Visually.

At the core,Motives,Powers,etc. I know they are still very different.

Last edited:
Oops I forgot to say:
X3

I think some of the more recent comic adaptations that really tanked critically were due to studios trying too hard to cater to the kids while giving us older audiences sex appeal and limited violence. Once they tune the audience to kiddy level, characters become one dimensional, the villains become ridiculous, and the stories are usually sub-par.

Good examples of this were Fantastic Four & Ghost Rider.

I think some of the more recent comic adaptations that really tanked critically were due to studios trying too hard to cater to the kids while giving us older audiences sex appeal and limited violence. Once they tune the audience to kiddy level, characters become one dimensional, the villains become ridiculous, and the stories are usually sub-par.

Good examples of this were Fantastic Four & Ghost Rider.
WOW!!!Good point and on the contrary the Hulk#1 could have used more of it.

His masks looks just Spiderman's but without the web.
Also I said he has the same wisecracking behaviour not what he wisecracks about.
Even Marvel seems aware of this:
382px-Deadpool11.jpg

This is why I don't like his costume.

Not sure if any of you saw this:

Drstrangemovie.jpg

Well I thought it was bobbins anyway. It was the 1978 TV Movie and it wasn't great hence no series.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"