• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Worst female performance in a Superhero movie?

Tacit Ronin

Avenger
Reaction score
Inspired by January Jones' "performance" as the White Queen in X-men First Class, which I was watching hours ago.

January Jones as Emma Frost

Katie Holmes as Rachel

Malin Ackerman as Silk Specter

Halle Berry as Storm

Halle Berry as Patience Philips

Wolverine's confused girlfriend in Origins.

In no order. It would be a nightmare to actually discern which one suck more than the other.

Man, this thread needs a poll, ask the mod if they can add one !

Hmmmmm.......

Kim Basinger in Batman 1989, the ultimate screeching damsel in distress, a simply terrible performance.

Halle Berry Catwoman...... at least she had the guts to go pick up her Razzie, so props to her !

Jessica Alba Fantastic Four ( yup, she's a scientist.....riiiight )

Kat Dennings in Thor and Thor TDW, because she was a distraction from an otherwise reasonable story, and is pretty much exactly the same in everything she appears in.

Blake Lively in Green Lantern - incredibly lacklustre, I mean Kirsten Dunst had ups and downs but Lively was uniformly terrible !

Kirsten Dunst - but only for the singing in Spider Man 3, that was simply dreadful, no wonder nobody went to see her play ! Otherwise I thought she was pretty good as MJ, who's kind of a fickle mush-head anyway.

Marion Cotillard - but only for the death scene in TDKR, worst death scene ever !

Eva Mendes was pretty awful in Ghost Rider.

Faye Dunaway in Supergirl was pretty terrible !

I guess Anna Paquin was really terrible in DOFP, because they cut her scenes out !

Halle Berry as Patience Phillips (Catwoman)

Kate Bosworth was absolutely dreadful in Superman Returns. She made Lois effin' Lane, boring, unappealing and devoid of any energy. She was just reciting lines until it was time to leave with a paycheck.

The whole cast was just as drab. Everyone acted like there was somewhere else they wanted to be. So this may have more to do with Bryan Singer's direction than it does with Kate Bosworth's acting ability, but...yeah, she sucked.

Snaps, I forgot about Natalie Portman in Thor. But I guess she was just that, forgettable. A completely boring performance.

Bryce Dallas was also bad in Spider-man 3.

Halley Berry and Sharon Stone in Catwoman. No contest.

Marion Cotillard - but only for the death scene in TDKR, worst death scene ever !

Not quite.
[YT]nAdniWncWu4[/YT]

Last edited:
Some I haven't seen and can't comment on (but Lively was strikingly bad in the trailer for Green Lantern), but the worst I have seen was probably January Jones.

i didn't like jennifer garner in elektra. my top worst female super hero movie would be the 1980s super girl that movie was horrible!!

Halle Berry
January Jones
Katie Holmes
Jennifer Garner
Kate Bosworth

Drew Barrimore in Batman Forever.
I could smell the stench of her few minutes of performance just thinking about it.
Oh, the nightmares. :o

Kim Basinger - Batman
Katie Holmes - BB
Rose Byrne - X-Men: FC
Halle Berry - Catwoman and X-Men
Kate Bosworth - SR
Faye Dunaway - Supergirl
Natalie Portman - Thor TDW
Scarlett Johannsen - Iron Man 2
Mariel Hemingway - Superman IV: The Quest for a Piece of Sh**
Kristy Swanson - The Phantom
Alicia Silverstone - Batman & Robin
Whoever played Calisto in X-Men 3
Jennifer Garner - Daredevil

Drew Barrimore in Batman Forever.
I could smell the stench of her few minutes of performance just thinking about it.
Oh, the nightmares.

Tru dat, she was terrible, the only thing is that I don't really notice it, because in every scene she's in with Tommy Lee Jones he's actually WORSE ! Hard to believe, but true.

It would be a nightmare to actually discern which one suck more than the other.

Isn't that the point of the thread? To discern which one sucked more (that came out wrong)? Maybe you could change the title to "the worst female performances in superhero movies".

Anyway...Basinger was very cartoony in B89.

"COULD YOU PASS THE SALT??" :hehe:

However I think I would go with Jessica Alba as Sue Storm.

I can't think of any female performances that were particularly egregious. Margot Kidder's Lois Lane was terrible, but I always attributed that to the writing. Talisa Soto's Vampirella was also bad, but her performance was the product of an overall crappy movie.

Tru dat, she was terrible, the only thing is that I don't really notice it, because in every scene she's in with Tommy Lee Jones he's actually WORSE ! Hard to believe, but true.
TLJ embracing the cheese made him fun to watch.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Jessica Alba as Sue Storm. But to be fair, this is a thread about performances, and putting Alba on the list indicates that she actually gave one.

-The woman who played Faora in MOS.
-Kirsten Dunst in Spider-Man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"