Sequels Would a Dazzler movie work?

Now that Disney may be buying Fox, we could get a proper Dazzler musical.

Disney are experts at this genre, and it's something the MCU haven't expanded into yet.

They could bring it full circle and have a proper Dazzler the movie as was planned when the character was first created in the late 70s.

I want Disco Dazzler though with all the strobe lighting, roller skates, silver jumpsuit and kiss make up.

They need to cast either a genuine pop star who can act or a Disney star who can sing.

Most likely theyd focus on X-Men, Fantastic Four and Silver Surfer.

I actually think this would be more likely at Fox. A Dazzler musical wouldn't be on brand for the MCU.

I actually think this would be more likely at Fox. A Dazzler musical wouldn't be on brand for the MCU.

A Dazzler musical would be one of the most Disney-ish things. I think it would be far more on brand than at Fox. I've wanted it back at Disney so they could be the ones to make it.

Last edited:
Disney doesn't equal Marvel, though. I guess it's not impossible that they'd do an animated movie a la Big Hero 6, but in the MCU they're more likely to focus on their big X-Men names and less likely to get really out there in terms of genre.

It's not really out there at all. GoTG could've been considered out there at the time.

And marvel are continually wanting to expand their genres to keep things fresh. This would be the perfect opportunity.

They also have the chance to appeal to a different audience and get Frozen type numbers.

A Dazzler musical would be one of the most Disney-ish things. I think it would be far more on brand than at Fox. I've wanted it back at Disney so they could be the ones to make it.
Maybe in the parts of Disney not overseen by Feige.

It's not really out there at all. GoTG could've been considered out there at the time.

And marvel are continually wanting to expand their genres to keep things fresh. This would be the perfect opportunity.

They also have the chance to appeal to a different audience and get Frozen type numbers.

You really think they are gonna prioritize a Dazzler film while already dealing with Ff, X-Men, Deadpool and Silver Surfer. They couldn't even do a Black Widow movie despite having a movie star in the role that headlined the Lucy film.

When gotg was made, they didn't have Spidey, X-Men, Fantastic Four, Silver Surfer and Deadpool. And Dazzler is a X-Men character foremost.

You really think they are gonna prioritize a Dazzler film while already dealing with Ff, X-Men, Deadpool and Silver Surfer. They couldn't even do a Black Widow movie despite having a movie star in the role that headlined the Lucy film.

When gotg was made, they didn't have Spidey, X-Men, Fantastic Four, Silver Surfer and Deadpool. And Dazzler is a X-Men character foremost.

Dazzler has a completely different potential than Black Widow. She can reach the typical Disney audience and all those into Frozen, Disney princesses etc. With a smash hit soundtrack album with chart singles too, she has tons of crossover marketing potential.

Disney already has their live action remakes of classic animated film for that musical fare. Dazzler works best with the X-Men. I don't see Marvel trading her to Disney and not utilize her in their own Marvel studio film.

They wouldn't trade her to Disney. It would still be an MCU film. Just that it would be a different genre of film like Feige is saying he always wants to do to keep things fresh. They can't just keep putting out the same stuff always.

Dazzler is the only character they could ever crossover into the musical genre. And she would work perfectly fine apart from the X-Men and can join them later, just like in the comics.

Again, theyd be releasing X-Men, Fantastic Four, Avengers, Black Panther Silver Surfer, Capt Marvel, Dr Strange sequels up to the mid 20s. While Deadpool could continue under the Fox brand. And who knows, what new properties are introduced in phase 4 and 5. There's not plenty of space for a Dazzler film, especially when they could just feature her in X-Men. A Wolverine film, a Cyclops film, a Storm film, a Rogue film would be more possible.

While a Wolverine film obviously has commercial value, I don't see that a Cyclops or Storm solo movie would have the same kind of audience crossover potential as Dazzler. They are not tapping a completely different audience. A Dazzler movie could have the kind of legs that Wonder Woman had that attracted a different audience to the regular comic book-going crowd.

And Cyclops and Storm obviously can't sell records either.

If you look at it from a different point of view, let's say that Disney decided they wanted to make an original musical about a popstar superhero and that it were to have huge success like their Disney princess movies. Why do it with an original character when they could easily use one that already exists in the form of Dazzler who could tie into the MCU?

If they want to do it, they'll find a spot for her on their schedule.

well, Marvel has done

Jessica Jones
Agent Carter
Antman
Doctor Strange
Black Panther
Captain Marvel

I dont see Marvel putting any limit on their catalogue, so if they had the x-men rights, they would be interested in a lot of options, not just the typical/expected ones. I wouldnt be surprised if they turn Dazzler into a tv show at least, tho a movie would give her another level of exposure and legion of fans, something that would be great to see, imo.

Marvel need to do more female led superhero movies. That they only are getting round to Captain Marvel now is a huge missed opportunity.

But while they can do yet another superhero movie, they have a chance to do something different with Dazzler. It would immediately stand out from all the other comic book movies and would attract a completely different audience.

And if they have pop hits in the charts where people are continuously singing the songs, that too would drive more people to see the movie. So there is a lot of cross selling.

Marvel would have the most unique character to reach that kind of crossover audience. No other male or female comic character has that kind of potential if Dazzler is used correctly.

I totally agreed. Would be a smart move, no other studio can do it, so if Fox moves to Disney, they have the chance to explore a new market/character that Warner or Sony cant do.

Also, if you just stick her in X-Men, it will seem to the general audience like the same old X-Men stuff we've seen for the past 20 years. It wouldn't matter whether the studio is different, because automatically the name X-Men would seem like they've been there, done that all before.

And putting just a song or two from Dazzler in an X-Men movie would get totally lost, because people might not even know it's in there, especially if they aren't interested in the movie.

But having a whole musical movie is a completely different matter and would gain a lot more attention. Even if people don't know the movie or aren't planning on seeing it, if the songs keep playing in the charts, it will be really catchy and soon everyone could be singing it. Then they'll wonder what it comes from and realise it's from the new Dazzler movie.

It would make a lot of commercial sense to do Dazzler.

Just think how big movies like High School Musical or all the Disney musicals have been. Now combine that with the MCU and it could be an absolutely huge juggernaut of a film, especially with all the cross merchandising with music sales and tours etc.

well, Marvel has done

Jessica Jones
Agent Carter
Antman
Doctor Strange
Black Panther
Captain Marvel

I dont see Marvel putting any limit on their catalogue, so if they had the x-men rights, they would be interested in a lot of options, not just the typical/expected ones. I wouldnt be surprised if they turn Dazzler into a tv show at least, tho a movie would give her another level of exposure and legion of fans, something that would be great to see, imo.

Agent Carter and Jessica Jones are TV shows, the rest mostly operate as solo heroes in the comics.

Anyway...
Spider-Woman
Silk
Elektra
She Hulk
Moon Knight
Ghost Rider
Shang Chi
Blade
Power Pack
Nova
Silver Surfer
Eternals
Hercules
Namor

They haven't ran out of the choices to start making X-Men solos.

And I can also say that oh we haven't had a Reality TV-like Marvel movie, Longshot.... But not everyone is gonna get a movie, not everyone should get one as it takes a lot of effort, time and money to release one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"