Would anyone here ever run for office?

Malice

BMFH
Reaction score
I thought this would be interesting...

Could you be the US President?

For me, no, it would never happen.
Why, you might ask....

Well. I am honest, bluntly honest. That would get me in so much trouble with the other politicians. I would never make it far enough to be "recognized" to get my name on the ballot.

For instance, when someone puts together a really pointless bill. My comment would be something like. "What the hell? What kind of moron did this?" or I would say something like, "This is the most moronic idea I have heard."

The career politicians would blackball me, because they simply would hate to have me near them.

I might do ok with the people, although I dont have the eloquent speech like others do, hence my comments like "This is the most moronic idea I have heard."

So, I think in the end, my own lack of verbal eloquence and my blunt honesty would stop me long before I get into a beginning office, let alone close to a Presidential run....

Yes, I would. And I'll even tell you how I'd do it!

My fellow Americans: If, I, Matt were president, I would serve the country I love by making things better, not worse.

For instance, health insurance. I believe every American should have health insurance, so I would write a law giving it to them - and then I'd sign it right away. I also don't think people should have to struggle to make ends meet, so I would fix the economy.

Now, it’s no secret the Israeli-Palestinian crisis has been going on for months. I would her them together and let them talk. Why hasn't anyone done that yet? Sometimes, the simplest solution is the best one.

The president is also the nation’s moral leader. I don’t really know how I’d play this one.

If I were president, I would end the unfair tax on the tax people already pay. It’s called double taxation and it’s totally unfair. Right now Uncle Sam collects 35 cents on every dollar I make. I’d change that so I could write that off, and only pay taxes on the remaining 65 cents. At a thirty-five percent rate, that would leave me with 42 cents.

Wait, actually that’s less. I worked this out the other day…can I get back to you on the tax thing?

And what’s the Department of Labor for? Here’s a shocking fact I heard: No one knows! If I were president it would be gone. Unless there’s something I’m not seeing here.

Also, I would order the immediate death of Roger Simpson. The one who lives at 1310 North Seventh Ave., Apt. 12A, Oroville, CA. He knows why.

Okay. That about does it. Oh, one more thing. In a Matt Administration, Air Force One would officially be renamed Air Force Fun.

I feel very strongly about this.

But seriously, I doubt it. A few years ago, when I was a blind Democrat drone, most likely. Now-a-days, hell no. I see how much the world is not black and white. I see that both sides have good and bad politicans. And I wouldn't buy into all the partisan bull****. That would probably piss off the powers-that-be within my party.

But seriously, I doubt it. A few years ago, when I was a blind Democrat drone, most likely. Now-a-days, hell no. I see how much the world is not black and white. I see that both sides have good and bad politicans. And I wouldn't buy into all the partisan bull****. That would probably piss off the powers-that-be within my party.

Yup, me too...I would start my politics...and might get into office in the first tier...local government...then it would end because the other politicians would detest me cause I would grill them...and nastilly.

All I'd be good for would be banging interns and secretaries.

I would never progress in the political arena because I would constantly carry a list of logical fallacies and use it on other politicians.

Matt, your name isnt Stephen Colbert....

Or was that Ed Helms that wrote that one?

I love how every article of his ends with the murder of Roger Simpson

You're better off being a senator than prez...

I would someday consider running for Political Office. But, maybe not the Presidency. I would have a couple of *ahem* people that might need to be taken care of.

My plan would be:

Economy: Fairtax. 23% on what you spend, not what you earn. No Corporate Taxes, to bring in Foreign Businesses. Read my thread for more details.

War on Terror, Military Policy: You hit me, I hit you harder to make sure you don't ever hit anyone again. That's it, and it grows from there.

Abolish Unions for Federal Employees: You don't need them, you already work for Tax-Payer Money!

Education: Untax the Education System, From K-College. and let anyone go where they deem best for their child. It's your fault if you kid goes to a crappy school and Competition Reigns supreme.

Voters Rights? : You have no right to vote! Current Welfare Receipiants no longer can vote. They would just vote in people that promise to give money to them for not working. Does that seem Fair? If you want to vote, Contribute to society by getting a job.

UN?: Abandon the UN and create a United Democracies Union. The UDU would be made up of Democracies only. If a nation wants to join, you better be a Democracy. Communists and Dictators need not apply.

Medical Coverage?: If the Fairtax hasn't gone through yet, untax the Medical Services. They entire expendature, not just the taxed portion. Lower Medical costs by Privatizing the Bill Payment options with a Tax Free Savings accounts to offset Insurance Costs. Once people stop using Insurance companies, they are gaurenteed to reduce pricing.

Court Reform: I would enact a system with a loser pay. If you sue someone for a stupid reason like Spilling hot coffee on yourself when you know the fricken coffee is hot, and you lose the case, you pay for the other parties legal fees. If the suit is brought up to you as the business owner, and you lose, guess what, you pay their legal fees. This will help end Frivolus Lawsuits.

Growing up, you're always told that "anyone" could be president, including YOU. Obviously, that's not true. I couldn't be president because I'm not rich. Also, I'd probably fall into the same trap as Ron Paul, being counted off as too crazy, even if my theories were sound.

Voters Rights? : You have no right to vote! Current Welfare Receipiants no longer can vote. They would just vote in people that promise to give money to them for not working. Does that seem Fair? If you want to vote, Contribute to society by getting a job.

What?? Its every citizens right to vote. That could potentially keep the homeless homeless. This might be the most moronic idea I have ever heard in my life!!! I know you are a staunch conservative, but do you have a heart? I just cant understand why you dont want to HELP someone. Are you the kind of person who doesn't donate to the needy in 3rd world countries because they cant help themselves??? This is ridiculous.

Growing up, you're always told that "anyone" could be president, including YOU. Obviously, that's not true. I couldn't be president because I'm not rich. Also, I'd probably fall into the same trap as Ron Paul, being counted off as too crazy, even if my theories were sound.

Um, everyone/anyone could be president. It's just about how dedicated you are to wanting to be president.

I think I could do it. Here are a few things I'd run on:

Platform

HEALTH CARE
I support extending Medicaid programs to those who cannot afford basic health care coverage. Additionally, I would have the Department of Health and Human Services set up regional health care markets which could be used to direct consumers to individual health care companies, including Medicaid 2.0. These health care markets would work a lot like Progressive Auto Insurance: They would get you a quote from all the leading health insurers, and would compare those quotes to Medicaid 2.0. The goal would be to open Medicaid 2.0 to every individual (those who are not entitled to the "free" benefits would have to pay to be covered), offering a low-cost alternative to private insurers, with the hope of reducing private insurance companies' prices over time.

SOCIAL SECURITY
I support gradual privatization of Social Security. The money is going to be gone before I can get my hands on it. I believe the government should give people the option to opt out of Social Security if they so desire. Furthermore, the government should encourage the wealthiest 10% of Americans to take control of their retirement, and leave Social Security for those who make under a certain income. A series of benchmarks should be put in place to ensure the program runs successfully, with the final goal of having 50% of those eligible for Social Security benefits investing in their own retirement by 2050. Assuming I'm running in 2008, the benchmarks would be as follows:

2020: 10% Privatized-- The Wealthiest Americans, in addition to some middle-class households, have taken control of their own retirement

2030: 25% Privatized-- Most of those making above $120,000 a year have taken control of their own retirement

2050: 50% Privatized-- Everyone making above $120,000 have taken control of their own retirement; most of those making between $50,000 and $120,000 have invested in private retirement options.

ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION
I believe that the United States should set up a guest worker program which would allow so-called "undocumented workers" to work towards full United States citizenship. I also support increasing border security presence along the Mexican-American border, and oppose building a fence... that's just silly.

ENERGY
The United States should re-invest in nuclear power. Furthermore, the U.S. should raise CAFE standards, and look into alternative methods for fueling automobiles.

IRAN
It is our responsibility to begin diplomatic talks with Iran, while simultaneously watching their nuclear program with a hawkish eye. Military force against Iran should always be an option, and the United States should remind that whackjob over there that we can and will engage them militarily if they do anything provocative.

EDUCATION
Reform No Child Left Behind; offer school vouchers to low-income families in poor school districts or struggling neighborhoods; raise the level of student aid available for middle-class college students; establish a national standardized test system to measure student performance... and other similar things.

GUN CONTROL
I support banning automatic weapons, and anything which could be an assault weapon. Everything else, though, can stay.

WELFARE
Eliminate most welfare programs and replace them with a broad, extensive Public Works Program. Make people work for their money. Those with disabilities, or those who are unable to work, will be able to receive unemployment benefits and social services for an extended period of time.

TRANSPORTATION/ INFRASTRUCTURE
Why don't we have Mag-Lev trains on the East and West Coast? I believe we should invest in Mag-Lev technology. AMTRAK just doesn't do it anymore. The slow, inadequate service often makes driving seem like a faster alternative. Not to mention that it's as expensive as all hell. Mag-Lev technology would be able to transport commuters from Boston to Washington, DC in just over four hours. Imagine traveling from Los Angeles to San Diego in an hour; San Francisco to San Diego in three and a half hours; Seattle to San Diego in eight hours or less... it would bring in the customers almost immediately, and would pay for itself in less than a decade.

Also, if anyone thinks the 'gay' thing may be a negative... polls show that 55-67% of Americans would be willing to elect a homosexual President, depending on which poll you look at.

What?? Its every citizens right to vote. That could potentially keep the homeless homeless. This might be the most moronic idea I have ever heard in my life!!! I know you are a staunch conservative, but do you have a heart? I just cant understand why you dont want to HELP someone. Are you the kind of person who doesn't donate to the needy in 3rd world countries because they cant help themselves??? This is ridiculous.
Show me where it says that Anyone has the Right to Vote? It's not in the Bill of Rights, the Constitution, or even the Articles of Confederation. It is not anywhere. And, my only prerequisite is they must have a job. Not they have to have a home.

Show me where it says that if you are a US Citizen, you do not have the right to vote. Just because its not there doesn't mean its not a basic right of every US citizen.

http://www.uscitizenship.info/ins-USimmigration-naturalization-benefits.htm

There, its the basic right of every citizen. Most legal immigrants love the fact that they can now vote. Its a basic right, and what separates the US citizen from others....

Show me where it says that if you are a US Citizen, you do not have the right to vote. Just because its not there doesn't mean its not a basic right of every US citizen.
The Bill of Rights are your only Federal Rights. They do not say you have a right to vote. Only certain Amendmants state they the Goverment cannot impede your from voting due to Race or sex, but not that you have the right to Vote.

And, I'm not going to prove to you that it's not in there. But, show me where it says that it is.

But your logic that if it is not in there, but it is understood, I can say that it is a basic right for me to go to Starbucks for a Free Coffee everyday, just because it is not in the Constitution.

http://www.thenation.com/doc/20060206/jackson

If there is a Right to Vote, then why does this group want to Amend the Constitution to state that you have a right to vote?

The Bill of Rights are your only Federal Rights. They do not say you have a right to vote. Only certain Amendmants state they the Goverment cannot impede your from voting due to Race or sex, but not that you have the right to Vote.

And, I'm not going to prove to you that it's not in there. But, show me where it says that it is.

But your logic that if it is not in there, but it is understood, I can say that it is a basic right for me to go to Starbucks for a Free Coffee everyday, just because it is not in the Constitution.

Fine. Then how about you dont vote. I mean, if you dont have the right to vote, then why are you going to?

Also, what is this?

http://www.gpoaccess.gov/constitution/html/amdt15.html

That is called the 15th amendement. The right to vote. You cannot deny the right to vote based upon race, orientation, or previous conditions.

Sounds like you just want to do the same thing Huckabee wants. Rewrite the constitution based upon your beliefs and not what is best for the country.

Fine. Then how about you dont vote. I mean, if you dont have the right to vote, then why are you going to?
Voting is a privilege not a right. But, good arguement anyway.:cwink:

So you are going to respond to that but not the fact that you are incredibly wrong? Alright....

Also, what is this?

http://www.gpoaccess.gov/constitution/html/amdt15.html

That is called the 15th amendement. The right to vote. You cannot deny the right to vote based upon race, orientation, or previous conditions.

Sounds like you just want to do the same thing Huckabee wants. Rewrite the constitution based upon your beliefs and not what is best for the country.
The 15th Amendment restricts the Government from basing who can vote by Race. The 19th Amendment Restricts the Governmetn from basing who can vote by Sex. The 24 Amendment Restircts the Government from Taxing voters from voting.

But Voters are people that Vote. The Goverment cannot deny someone to vote based on Race, Sex or if they've paid taxes. But it does not say that you have the Right to vote.

This sounds like you want to take away the lowest tier of the lower class's ability to vote away.

Who do they typically vote for? Is it the democrats? Yes sir! This sounds like partisan redistricting at its finest, basically.

This sounds like you want to take away the lowest tier of the lower class's ability to vote away.

Who do they typically vote for? Is it the democrats? Yes sir! This sounds like partisan redistricting at its finest, basically.
What can I say, I'm a Conservate Hate-Monger NEO-Con blah blah blah. But, If anyone said that they support Ron Paul, his on my side on the Voting thing. But, doesn't that make you think that maybe the whole Lower Class Coddleing from Government was just vote buying from the begining?

What did you think of the UDU? I thought that was pretty good...

No, I could never be president.

1) I've no interest in joining any political party.
2) I've never had any inkling of entering any elected office.
3) I can spend several million dollars on something more beneficial to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"