Far From Home Would you rather watch Sinister 6 or Spider-Verse (Sony/MCU)?

spider-neil

spins a web any size!
Reaction score
All the Spidermen, EVER in one movie or Spider-Man vs the Sinister 6?
I've also thrown in Spider-Man vs Venom

This is hard but I think I would go with the Sinister 6 because the idea of spiderman fighting 6 different villains and like at the same time just makes me think how crazy the action might be.

The idea of
Andrew Garfield
Toby Maguire
Tom Holland
Nicholas Hammond (70's Spider-Man)
Christopher Daniel Barnes (90's Spider-Man Cartoon)
Josh Keaton (Spectacular Spider-Man)

All together in one movie against a threat that is killing Spider-Man across all dimensions would be a must see.

I do feel like we’ve been edging towards a sinister six movies for ages. I suppose if you have the following roster...

1. Shocker
2. Vulture
3. Mysterio
4. Venom
5. Doc ock (introduce him)
6. Scorpion

There’s your roster. Plus venom can turn traitor and help spidey take on the sinister six since that’s a lot to take on. Plus seeing a venom and Peter team up on screen would be sick

Sinister six has to happen. It’s such an iconic collection of Spider-Man villains that there’s no way not to do it. It will eventually happen. The spiderverse themed movie would be cool and all no doubt about it. Seems like it’s a movie that would be drenched in fan service as well and I’m always down for that. However Sinister six is just way too important to not happen and visually watching Spider-Man fight 6 different style of villains would be insane.

So Yea I’m leaning towards the sinister six...

I do feel like we’ve been edging towards a sinister six movies for ages. I suppose if you have the following roster...

1. Shocker
2. Vulture
3. Mysterio
4. Venom
5. Doc ock (introduce him)
6. Scorpion

There’s your roster. Plus venom can turn traitor and help spidey take on the sinister six since that’s a lot to take on. Plus seeing a venom and Peter team up on screen would be sick

Personally I would rather see an entire movie dedicated to Venom instead of having him be just one of the villains in a sinister six movie . That would be one of those bucket list moments...Seeing venom terrorize Spidey for an entire film.

Personally I would rather see an entire movie dedicated to Venom instead of having him be just one of the villains in a sinister six movie . That would be one of those bucket list moments...Seeing venom terrorize Spidey for an entire film.

Yeah that would be cool. But the spidey pipeline is already so full haha. Plus he can still terrorise Peter if it’s just a temporary truce

Whichever one does not involve Peter being feared and hated by the public. *cough*

He shouldn't be part of the team obviously but the Tinkerer is still out there.

I want Kraven for Spidey 3

So my sinister 6 would be

Shocker
Vulture
Mysterio
Kraven
Scorpion (have scorpion in sm3 as well)
Then Dock Ock

I want Kraven for Spidey 3

So my sinister 6 would be

Shocker
Vulture
Mysterio
Kraven
Scorpion (have scorpion in sm3 as well)
Then Dock Ock
That's my lineup / I think the lineup that makes most sense as well.

To develop Shocker and Scorpion more...could put them as quick "takeaway thugs" in the beginning of SPIDEY 3. Robbing a store or something. Even with their updated suits/tech. While of course, Kraven would be the main villain.

Then by the end of the flick, could have all 5 of them gathered/captured or whatever. Then they hint at a final 6th member.

Then in the actual S6 film, Doc Ock can be the protagonist a la Thanos in INFINITY WAR to flesh him out.

Question is..what would Vulture's motivation be? After that credits scene in HOMECOMING, he seems to have slightly turned around on Peter. Or, that development alluded to "protecting" him. Maybe they might spin it like it was more of him doing a "I owe you one, Peter, so I won't rat on you here but that doesn't mean we're good."

Last edited:
They could say Vulture was just giving Peter a grace period for saving his life.

I think he'll still have a bit of animosity for tearing his family apart.

Personally I'd rather see a proper Spidey vs Venom done by the Marvel Studios, but yeah. Just the nature of the MCU interconnected structure allows for a more efficient way of doing the sinister 6. So I guess Sinister 6.

Watts is obviously going to close out the trilogy but if there is a Sinister Six movie I would rather the Russo brothers direct and the Infinity War/Endgame writers write it. Bigger stakes, more serious narrative, bigger cast. Close out the trilogy with a bang.

Raimi's trilogy started serious and ended as a comedy. I wouldn't mind the MCU trilogy starting as a comedy and ending on a serious note.

Eh, if Vulture were part of the Sinister Six, I'd have him in the role of the Quietly Uncertain Member Who Betrays Them. Its not that he is entirely lacking in issues with Peter, but. . . in a group largely composed of sociopaths and maniacs, he's the one who actually is capable of healthy relationships and keeping an even keel.

So why does he go along with them? *Because* they are a bunch of sociopaths and maniacs. "Yes, dude who gleefully considers murdering children, I, the guy with a family, am totally onboard with helping you". You don't say no in that kind of situation, not until you can work a way out. Also, he kind of *does* want to get out of jail, too, but that's secondary to "Don't want this murder train rolling at my family".

Sinister 6 is absolutely my target for Spidey films once we've had sufficient setup.

Sinister 6 is absolutely my target for Spidey films once we've had sufficient setup.
That's going to take up like at least two films with of setup though? Vulture we know, but Mysterio's return would need an explanation, then there's the other four that we haven't yet seen in the MCU. Do you think that the studio would reintroduce Doc Ock, Sandman, and Electro without much explanation because we've seen them in previous Spider-Man films?

The fanboy in me needs to see Tobey again, especially a middle-aged version, but Sinister Six is the best way to go to build the future.

That's going to take up like at least two films with of setup though? Vulture we know, but Mysterio's return would need an explanation, then there's the other four that we haven't yet seen in the MCU. Do you think that the studio would reintroduce Doc Ock, Sandman, and Electro without much explanation because we've seen them in previous Spider-Man films?
I want 2 more films of buildup if that were possible with these complex contracts. Doc Ock is an absolute must (and Kraven is a personal favourite). Maybe Ock could be in the solo film just before we get to the Sinister 6. I also want Spidey to have some good allies like Black Cat.

With a Spider-verse movie you could give closer to Garfield and Maguire's Spider-Man.

Last edited:
Sinister Six all the way. My roster would be Vulture, Shocker, Mysterio, Scorpion, Venom and Doc Ock. Save that for Spider-Man 5, after Spider-Man 4 introduces MCU Venom.

Honestly, I don't see how you DON'T do a Sinister Six movie, now. We have a competent writing team, a STRONG supporting cast that feature more than 2 people (looking at you, Amazing Spider-man 1 and 2), and you have a rich universe in which to drop them all. Add in the twist at the end of Far From Home, and you have the perfect catalyst!

Personally, I would love to see a Spider-Man 3 where he is hunted by a half-Wakandan Kraven the Hunter after his outing in FFH sends him underground. Kraven threatens, kidpnaps, and imprisons his loved ones, only for Spider-Man to defeat him, and realize that his loved ones will never cease being in danger until he can find a way to live public, or unring the bell, as it were.

He then turns to Doctor Strange, who teams with Reed Richards (LET ME DREAM) to wipe all tech and memories of everyone who learned he was Spider-Man from Mysterio's outing. Strange warns of the consequences of such a decision, but they do it anyway because, well, comics. Peter awakens to see that it worked, but that there was an escapee from Ryker's...the Vulture. Apparently, the fix didn't undo anyone's knowledge from before. Everyone remembers him being outed, but not who he was underneath. The Vulture gets free and rallies some troops with the help of a mysterious benefactor, and the film goes from there.

My 6:

1) Doc Ock (THE ONLY FITTING MASTERMIND)
2) Shocker (Full suit, this time)
3) Mysterio (with an Edith-lite satellite hijacked by Doc Ock to aid in their quest...maybe make Mysterio be used by Ock for something bigger. I don't know, not a writer)
4) Kraven
5) Scorpion
6) Vulture

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"