"WTF?!" Moments of 'Spider-Man 3'

Peter randomley playing the Piano in the bar and dancing on the tables, why wasnt he thrown out?
Venom, even though he didnt look bad when you actually saw him, everytime we had a close up Topher bloody Grace's face came up, we didnt want to see that!
Also, the close-ups on Topher's face made the suit and makeup itself look too damn fake. Mainly the little symbiote strings connecting from Eddie's neck to shoulders, looked like plastic.

AVI ARAD: "Hiya Sam. So, what do you have in mind for SPIDER-MAN 3?"

SAM RAIMI: "Well, Avi, we'll be basically exploring themes of revenge and forgiveness, with Harry Osborn following on his father's footsteps, completing the Green Goblin arc. Oh, and we'll use Sandman as well. I'm changing the origin a bit."

ARAD: "Good, that's good...What about this Venom character? Did you read the comics I sent you? Kids love him. I want you to use him. How do you plan on integrating him to the story?"

RAIMI: "Um, yeah, about that...I really don't think we should? I don't understand the appeal of this generation X character..."

ARAD: "SAM, the KIDS. SPIDER-MAN 2 grossed less money than SPIDER-MAN 1. We need the kids in full force. It's very important than you understand what Venom is, and what the little ones need...The MARKETPLACE, Sam. You've had your favorite-ly villains already, Sam. Understand Venom for us, please...Sam..."

RAIMI: "But, we already have a plethora of characters, I'm afraid adding him will hurt the story...Why don't we..."

ARAD: "UNDERSTAND HIM, SAM, UNDERSTAND HIM!"

AVI ARAD: "Hiya Sam. So, what do you have in mind for SPIDER-MAN 3?"

SAM RAIMI: "Well, Avi, we'll be basically exploring themes of revenge and forgiveness, with Harry Osborn following on his father's footsteps, completing the Green Goblin arc. Oh, and we'll use Sandman as well. I'm changing the origin a bit."

ARAD: "Good, that's good...What about this Venom character? Did you read the comics I sent you? Kids love him. I want you to use him. How do you plan on integrating him to the story?"

RAIMI: "Um, yeah, about that...I really don't think we should? I don't understand the appeal of this generation X character..."

ARAD: "SAM, the KIDS. SPIDER-MAN 2 grossed less money than SPIDER-MAN 1. We need the kids in full force. It's very important than you understand what Venom is, and what the little ones need...The MARKETPLACE, Sam. You've had your favorite-ly villains already, Sam. Understand Venom for us, please...Sam..."

RAIMI: "But, we already have a plethora of characters, I'm afraid adding him will hurt the story...Why don't we..."

ARAD: "UNDERSTAND HIM, SAM, UNDERSTAND HIM!"

I got the feeling from that interview that Sam just didn't like Venom because he didn't grow up in that era,not because he was a bad character. Sam sounded like one of those really old people...."I don't get what these young wippersnappers see in this Venom they always talk about?! Why back in my day..." lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"