X-Men ‘97 X-Men 97 Episodes 8, 9, and 10 - Tolerance is Extinction Parts 1-3 SPOILER Thread

Noble Kurt elevates the whole thing. He says what needs to be said in the right way in all these scenes. Along with the teleportation with swords battle alongside Wolverine, the creators know how to give us the best of Nightcrawler.
This is genuinely one of the best versions of Kurt that I've seen. The writing is great and he owns every second of screentime.

Really looking forward to seeing how Forge interacts with the rest of the team. Nightcrawler’s joining has been so seamless & has worked so well, it’s odd to think he wasn’t more present in the original series. I’m hoping we get that same magic with Forge, especially if Bishop returns.

I always found the lack of Nightcrawler in the original series to be a strange choice. Iceman too.

We at least got two episodes of Nightcrawler, and they were among the show's best ones. The Iceman one also introduced X-Factor and Havok, who didn't really show up again beyond Phalanx Covenant and the Scarlet Witch/Magneto/Quicksilver episode. Now it looks like X-Factor got quietly abandoned off-screen, and Scott still has no idea who Alex is.

Really looking forward to seeing how Forge interacts with the rest of the team. Nightcrawler’s joining has been so seamless & has worked so well, it’s odd to think he wasn’t more present in the original series. I’m hoping we get that same magic with Forge, especially if Bishop returns.
I mean we saw how Forge interacted with many of them before. He and Beast worked together well. He seemed to know what he was doing with X-Factor. I wonder why they broke up.

I mean we saw how Forge interacted with many of them before. He and Beast worked together well. He seemed to know what he was doing with X-Factor. I wonder why they broke up.

Oh true; I just watched that episode recently too. Nevertheless, I want more! lol

Oh true; I just watched that episode recently too. Nevertheless, I want more! lol

That's why I felt Storm should've cut him a break. What he did was wrong no question, but like he saved the entire freaking world, X-Men included in Phalanx Covenant, and he got basically no reward or recognition for it. He did it because it was the right thing to do. Fighting in the war him messed up, and I'd say he redeemed himself. Not to mention, Forge could've been manipulated by Dr. Adler and Bastion during his military days.

Last edited:
I always found the lack of Nightcrawler in the original series to be a strange choice. Iceman too.
I always thought the lack of Kitty surprising. I think she's the only iconic X-Men to never show up. Kurt, Colossus, Betsy, Warren at least made some appearances.

I know the creators said their original idea was to have Kitty instead of Jubilee, but Marvel wanted to boost Jubs popularity.

Anyway, DeMayo said he wanted to make a statement that this show is an X-Men show, not a Wolverine show. I hope S02 makes the statement that the X-Men is not just the 90s cartoon roster.

I'm thinking he's going to replace Beast next season.

Is Hank in trouble?:omg:

I could see a Schism-type story next season, maybe even in the midst of AvX, leading to two teams—Blue on Utopia, and Gold reopening the mansion.

BLUE
Cyclops, Beast, Rogue, Emma, Colossus, Sunspot, and Quicksilver

GOLD
Storm, Wolverine, Forge, Angel, Psylocke, Morph, Jubilee, and Nightcrawler

I still think Jean’s going to die in these next two episodes, either to defeat Magneto or Bastion.

They’ll take a cue from Morrison’s Planet X and it’ll end with her telling Cyclops to live his life. I gotta think those Phoenix teases in the opening credits are meant for something… plus, her and Scott are finally happy after this last episode so I could see tragedy ahead.

• Crying
Reactions: Lip
I really hope we don't do that bone claw Wolverine era with Magneto.

I always thought the lack of Kitty surprising. I think she's the only iconic X-Men to never show up. Kurt, Colossus, Betsy, Warren at least made some appearances.

I know the creators said their original idea was to have Kitty instead of Jubilee, but Marvel wanted to boost Jubs popularity.

Anyway, DeMayo said he wanted to make a statement that this show is an X-Men show, not a Wolverine show. I hope S02 makes the statement that the X-Men is not just the 90s cartoon roster.
there was that whole unaired pilot (Pryde of the X-men) that was eventually released ( I think I have a VHS copy) where Kitty was the main character...

(you can probably find the full episode somewhere, too)

so, since that was considered a "failed pilot", they went a different direction with Jubilee instead

If Apocalypse returns for S2, we could see Wolverine being bonded with metal again as War, with Gambit being resurrected as Death.

Wouldn't that mean Wolverine becomes Death?

Wouldn't that mean Wolverine becomes Death?

Lol I’m just trying to spread out the names; I figured Death could still be cool for Wolverine.

Idk who I’d put up as Pestilence and Famine, though. Maybe Polaris and Sinister?

Just caught up with '97. Can't wait for these next two episodes. :wolverine:

I was thinking this myself when I was rewatching the original series in preparation for '97. Kitty being completely absent was a strange decision but at least she later got solid representation in X-Men: Evolution.

Would it be possible for them to still bring her in the future?

On a related note, have there ever been any other students at the mansion or is it just the core X-Men team? I can't remember anyone else being there in the original series.

I could see a Schism-type story next season, maybe even in the midst of AvX, leading to two teams—Blue on Utopia, and Gold reopening the mansion.

BLUE
Cyclops, Beast, Rogue, Emma, Colossus, Sunspot, and Quicksilver

GOLD
Storm, Wolverine, Forge, Angel, Psylocke, Morph, Jubilee, and Nightcrawler

I still think Jean’s going to die in these next two episodes, either to defeat Magneto or Bastion.

They’ll take a cue from Morrison’s Planet X and it’ll end with her telling Cyclops to live his life. I gotta think those Phoenix teases in the opening credits are meant for something… plus, her and Scott are finally happy after this last episode so I could see tragedy ahead.
I'm hoping things aren't clean and Xavier just reunites the X-Men so they can go fight Magneto. After everything that has happened it would come across as far more real if at least some of the X-Men (Rogue, for one) side with Magneto over this issue.

It often felt like you could just replace Jubilee with Kitty in the script and it wouldn't change things much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"