X-Men ‘97 X-Men 97 Episodes 8, 9, and 10 - Tolerance is Extinction Parts 1-3 SPOILER Thread

Another phenomenal episode. Storm, Cyclops, Jean, and Wolverine in their classic costumes was a real treat. They've been teasing Phoenix/Dark Phoenix in the intros for weeks; I'm certain it'll factor into next week's finale.

Another phenomenal episode. Storm, Cyclops, Jean, and Wolverine in their classic costumes was a real treat. They've been teasing Phoenix/Dark Phoenix in the intros for weeks; I'm certain it'll factor into next week's finale.

Jean and Scott are getting along so well right now with their non-nuclear family unit. Tragedy is definitely around the corner for them

I'm not buying Jean is dead. Not after that lampshade earlier in the episode. I love seeing this series show what she can do though (without the Phoenix). This is the Jean Grey we should have had all along. Not the one who faints by lifting a pen.

Rogue going with Magneto was the only choice that made sense based on what has happened to her and how she has acted this season. She's not like the others. She was there at Genosha. She saw the innocent children getting slaughtered. Same reason Val thinks Magneto was right. I'm kind of surprised Cyclops didn't go with him too as there has been a lot of hints leading up to it.

Yeah, great episode. But I have to be honest, I shouldn't have seen DeMayo mentioning Fatal Attraction as a homework. Had him not said that, I'd be beyond shocked.

I'm not reading anything else he says as I want to go see the finale without any spoilers.

I really loved Jean vs Sinister. Although I'm not excited to see her dying again. And if they are killing her or anyone else, make it emotional like Gambit.

I loved, loved, loved the Blue and Gold team. That's what we wanted to see and I wonder if they'll keep it next season.

Seeing Beto with his New Mutants uniform gave me hope to see the whole team too. Yeah, I want spin-offs for other teams, but seeing the likes of NW or X-Factor in '97 as more than glorified cameos would be cool.

Not fair if Jean comes back and not Gambit. :cmad:

I noticed that the same 3 X-men who infiltrated Asteroid M in Pryde of the X-Men are the same 3 who did it in this episode:
Cyclops/Wolverine/Nightcrawler.

Jean can't be dead, they already had Rogue say "Been there done that" so I just don't see it. Maybe some Phoenix powers come out.

Either way the team is fractured they need to recruit some new people for next season.
Jean's entire character is to cause drama between Scott and Logan, die, and come back. Lather, rinse, repeat... Even DeMayo knew this. :o

Jean can't be dead, they already had Rogue say "Been there done that" so I just don't see it. Maybe some Phoenix powers come out.

Either way the team is fractured they need to recruit some new people for next season.

In the very least, some Phoenix is coming out.

I’ve been so loving Jean’s portrayal so it’d suck if they kill her off to make room for other characters. But now I know how Gambit fans are feeling.

I do agree though, that Rogue’s comment “been there, done that” would seem to imply that we’re not going down that route…

Given how much power Cable is exerting in his fight against Jean, I could see him succumbing to the techno-organic virus, and maybe Jean will end up saving him.

I am guessing we get bone claw Wolverine all next season, it looked like the metal was ripped out of him. I don't think they dare kill him off by having Magneto deal another blow.

I don’t think it’d be a full season, though it very well could be. I’m imagining he’ll get the Storm treatment and have a split episode where he either journeys back to Japan or links up with Elektra & Stick like in the comics to help regain his humanity.

I am guessing we get bone claw Wolverine all next season, it looked like the metal was ripped out of him. I don't think they dare kill him off by having Magneto deal another blow.

It would be interesting to see feral Wolverine’ for a few episodes before he comes back to his senses. That’s a great possibility storyline for season 2, which could further expand the world building of the show.

It would be interesting to see feral Wolverine’ for a few episodes before he comes back to his senses. That’s a great possibility storyline for season 2, which could further expand the world building of the show.

It would be fun to see her involved with that storyline:

IMG_0249.jpeg

IIRC she helped Logan when he was berserk once.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"