• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

X-Men ‘97 X-Men 97 Episodes 8, 9, and 10 - Tolerance is Extinction Parts 1-3 SPOILER Thread

Been dealing with Covid for the past week and a half, so I wasn't around to comment my thoughts on episode 8 (very good, tad bit rushed and I was disappointed they didn't show Storm have any reaction to Gambit's death), but wow, what a fantastic season finale this was.

Excited to see Apocalypse and Deathbit in season 2!

That finale... WHAT THE HELL are we gonna do until Season 2?!

206b.gif

Rogue giving Bastion a well deserved knuckle sandwich, Nightcrawler praying before kicking ass, the emotion in the Xavier/Magnus mindwalk, THE PHOENIX and then the cameos (PETER & MJ!). WHEW!

This show is everything I wanted and more.

To me, my X-Men.

Been dealing with Covid for the past week and a half, so I wasn't around to comment my thoughts on episode 8 (very good, tad bit rushed and I was disappointed they didn't show Storm have any reaction to Gambit's death), but wow, what a fantastic season finale this was.

Excited to see Apocalypse and Deathbit in season 2!

Speedy recovery my friend!

Cameos (season finale)
Silver Samurai
Iron Man
Captain America
President Kelly
Daredevil
Black Panther
Deathstar
Omega Red
Cloak
Dagger
Psylocke
Aurora
Northstar
Puck
Cipher
Scarlet Witch
Quicksilver
Polaris

Guests:
Forge
Cable
Sunspot
Phoenix force
Mr. Sinister
Bastion
Bishop
Apocalypse

:xmen:
You left out Mother Askani aka Rachel Summers!

Last edited:
Can't believe we're getting BOTH Rise of Apocalypse AND The Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix next season. The Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix is literally one of my favorite X-Men stories ever done! I highly recommend the trade paperback for those of you who aren't familiar with the comic, especially Cable fans!

clean.jpg

clean.jpg

21489179.jpg

Last edited:
Such an incredible finale. Gotta admit, I thought we were going to get an Act III reveal that Professor X actually went to visit Bastion & his mother, saw that he was destined to become and rejected him (like Bastion alluded to). But I'm glad we didn't get a more dubious Professor X.

So glad that all of our X-Men lived too.

Surprisingly a lot of Daredevil action. It was great to see Peter & MJ too. Lol that stupid yellow sweater & purple turleneck was a welcome sight.

Can't believe we're getting BOTH Rise of Apocalypse AND The Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix next season. The Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix is literally one of my favorite X-Men stories ever done! I highly recommend the trade paperback for those of you who aren't family with the comic, especially Cable fans!

clean.jpg

clean.jpg

21489179.jpg

Definitely excited to see what happens with Jean & Scott in the future.

I wonder how long the 'lost in time' storyline will play out in S2. Are we talking an episode or two and everyone's back by Episode 3, or will this be a full season arc?

That was an insane finale.

All the cameos (and yet Deadpool is off limits lol) were phenomenal, really adds that they are living in a larger world (even though most of them have already crossed over in the OG anyway, its nice to just get updates)

Rogue/Cyclops/Jean...they got some AWESOME moments throughout this episode. This was definitely their episode and season/

I'm surprised that Storm didnt get any BIG moments in this 3-part finale tbh. And where the hell are Storm/Wolvy/Morph!?!!! We didnt get any updates on them.

Definitely excited to see what happens with Jean & Scott in the future.

I wonder how long the 'lost in time' storyline will play out in S2. Are we talking an episode or two and everyone's back by Episode 3, or will this be a full season arc?
There's a lot of story to unpack there, so I'm hoping that they remain in the future for at least 4 episodes. Beast, Magneto and the others should probably be able to return (from the past) a little sooner, though.

Side note: Stryfe is likely to make an appearance as well. Looking forward to that!

Wow what a finale to close Season One, a lot of unexpected surprises and character cameos. I thought the fight between the X-Men and Bastion was great, Xavier’s mind melding of Magneto was much more than just a wipeout it was a complete breach of boundaries. The Return of the Phoenix force was somewhat predictable but also a foreshadowing. I loved seeing Captain America, Iron Man, Black Panther, Daredevil, Cloak and Dagger, Peter and Mary Jane, etc. such a tease at a larger world. The teaser of Apocalypse was on my bingo card. I’m curious to see how Season Two will unfold with each set of the team stranded throughout time.

That was an insane finale.

All the cameos (and yet Deadpool is off limits lol) were phenomenal, really adds that they are living in a larger world (even though most of them have already crossed over in the OG anyway, its nice to just get updates)

Rogue/Cyclops/Jean...they got some AWESOME moments throughout this episode. This was definitely their episode and season/

I'm surprised that Storm didnt get any BIG moments in this 3-part finale tbh. And where the hell are Storm/Wolvy/Morph!?!!! We didnt get any updates on them.

Storm got her resurgence in the 2nd part, but I thought she was used well in the 3rd. However, I could have gone for a speech along with a power display somewhere in there.

But God, Rogue giving Bastion's evil ass that two piece and Jubilee landing shots in on him was SO satisfying.

Storm got her resurgence in the 2nd part, but I thought she was used well in the 3rd. However, I could have gone for a speech along with a power display somewhere in there.

But God, Rogue giving Bastion's evil ass that two piece and Jubilee landing shots in on him was SO satisfying.
DId she though? We saw her light up the sky but that was about it and then she got shot down and was sidelined after that. She didnt get to fight anyone.

Still love the season but...nothing has topped her 1st/2nd episode power displays.

Though I have been wondering where all of Magnetos brotherhood is during all of this season. That was the weirdest thing. Those that would usually work with him were largely absent this season.

Yeah no Brotherhood or the ones they keep showing running in the intro, not showing up at all was kinda weird. But I'd rather see other villains.

I hate the idea of the second season, of having Xavier/Magneto going back and forth again for the entire season especially they are now stuck in the past. I hope being time displaced is resolved after 3 episodes, instead of a long season arc.

DId she though? We saw her light up the sky but that was about it and then she got shot down and was sidelined after that. She didnt get to fight anyone.

Still love the season but...nothing has topped her 1st/2nd episode power displays.

Though I have been wondering where all of Magnetos brotherhood is during all of this season. That was the weirdest thing. Those that would usually work with him were largely absent this season.

I love that Storm was present and actively doing things in the melee with Bastion, but it did make sense for that real fight to be between him and Rogue. That was that aggression for Genosha all coming out.

Agreed about eps 1 & 2. I'm sure next season Ororo dishes out more of the forecast. Wonder if she's somewhere in Wakanda.

But IIRC, the Brotherhood members like Blob and Avalanche were working with Mystique moreso than Mags. I did find it curious that he had Lorna on his mind along with Wanda and Pietro, when they never established on TAS that she was his daughter.

Great ending to a great series.

There is one thing that annoyed me, and judging by Beau's comment on Twitter/X, it wasn't even his decision....

T'Chaka being Black Panther instead of T'Challa lends credence to theories that T'Challa is being taken off the board among all non comics media. Which is ridiculous.

Oh I didn't even clock the T'Chaka name drop instead of T'Challa. That's odd. Especially because I think it's T'Challa that appears in that Fantastic Four animated episode, and we even got a cameo from Reed so that series would seemingly be canon.

Loved Bastion's changing appearance too. Wish we got a bit more from him this season, especially his backstory with Xavier. If there's one mark against the season it was OZT. Great concept & execution, it just felt rushed in some instances, especially with the revelation that it was backed by Val Cooper & the UN

Great ending to a great series.

There is one thing that annoyed me, and judging by Beau's comment on Twitter/X, it wasn't even his decision....

T'Chaka being Black Panther instead of T'Challa lends credence to theories that T'Challa is being taken off the board among all non comics media. Which is ridiculous.

Yeah I was shocked to see T'Chaka as BP and not T'Challa. It's one thing for Marvel to keep him gone in the MCU but this aint the MCU.

That is unfortunate if they are completely shelving T'Challa, even in animation.

But we're not gonna talk about how it kinda feels more and more like they're leaning to an adaptation of AvX?

Cap and Iron Man right there with President Kelly... which might be President Creed soon lol.

But we're not gonna talk about how it kinda feels more and more like they're leaning to an adaptation of AvX?

Cap and Iron Man right there with President Kelly... which might be President Creed soon lol.

There's just so many irons in the fire, I don't know which direction they'll go.

- Avengers / X-Men: Onslaught?
- Avengers vs. X-Men?
- Avenges / X-Men: Bloodties?
- Rise of Apocalypse?
- Age of Apocalypse?
- X-Tinction Agenda (w/ Stryfe)?
- New Mutants / Generation X (w/ Cable & Emma leading Jubilee, Roberto, and others in the absence of the X-Men)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"