• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

X-Men ‘97 X-Men 97 Episodes 8, 9, and 10 - Tolerance is Extinction Parts 1-3 SPOILER Thread

There's just so many irons in the fire, I don't know which direction they'll go.

- Avengers / X-Men: Onslaught?
- Avengers vs. X-Men?
- Avenges / X-Men: Bloodties?
- Rise of Apocalypse?
- Age of Apocalypse?
- X-Tinction Agenda (w/ Stryfe)?
- New Mutants / Generation X (w/ Cable & Emma leading Jubilee, Roberto, and others in the absence of the X-Men)?

I think the bolded are the safe bets. Emma takes Jubes and Sunspot under her wing and might just call the rest of Gen X her Hellions and go from there.

Kinda wish they got Keith David to play Apocalypse.

Great ending to a great series.

There is one thing that annoyed me, and judging by Beau's comment on Twitter/X, it wasn't even his decision....

T'Chaka being Black Panther instead of T'Challa lends credence to theories that T'Challa is being taken off the board among all non comics media. Which is ridiculous.

Yeah I was shocked to see T'Chaka as BP and not T'Challa. It's one thing for Marvel to keep him gone in the MCU but this aint the MCU.

That is unfortunate if they are completely shelving T'Challa, even in animation.

But we're not gonna talk about how it kinda feels more and more like they're leaning to an adaptation of AvX?

Cap and Iron Man right there with President Kelly... which might be President Creed soon lol.
Hear me out, instead of another revival show, we're getting Avengers '97 and that's why they T'Chaka instead of T'Challa (cause we'll see T'Challa in that show). Pipe dream I know lol.

I'm confused as to why they went with T'Chaka over T'Challa myself, especially since BP in this seemed to resemble the one from the FF cartoon and that one was T'Challa.

I have to rewatch the episode, but in that episode was T'Chaka dead or mentioned at all in FF? T'Challa could always be doing something else I guess. It is odd though

To hell with the Avengers, give me Spider-Man 98, PETE FOUND MJ!!

IMG_0408.jpeg

I screamed like a white woman on the Price Is Right when I saw this.

Feige, get John Semper, a budget, do team ups with the FF, Daredevil, Cloak and Dagger and get to it!

View attachment 90639

Feige, get John Semper, a budget, do team ups with the FF, Daredevil, Cloak and Dagger and get to it!
Why can't we all agree and have both :o

Like Spider-Fan, I'm pulling for Spider-Man '98 to materialize even if improbable atm. Was so heartwarming seeing Peter and MJ together again.

I just saw the mid credits scene with Apocalypse looks like there’s some hope for Gambit fans to hold onto next season.
I know a certain someone on here who will also be very happy about that. :D

Like Spider-Fan, I'm pulling for Spider-Man '98 to materialize even if improbable atm. Was so heartwarming seeing Peter and MJ together again.

I know a certain someone on here who will also be very happy about that. :D
I dont think it's improbable at all. With how big X-Men 97 has been, I think the floodgates are wide open

View attachment 90639

I'm glad she's found but they need to give her better bangs

View attachment 90639

Didn't notice when I watched earlier but I just realized that's Flash behind them lol.

This was amazing!

Everyone shined in battle and had moments(except Beast and Morph)

The cameos are always great but damn Iron Man, Cap, Strange, Parker, MJ, Black Panther(T'Chaka), Silver Samurai, Daredevil, Cloak & Dagger, Pyslocke, Omega Red, and some others. Colossus on Forge board, Quicksilver & Wanda were on the boat in Magneto's mind. I think Rogue & Bastion were fighting on Thanos rock.

I really hope we get some X-Men vs Avengers when they find their way back in time.

Excited for Apocalypse beginning.

Lol I am absolutely loving the focus on mutants & X-Men. The last thing I want to see MCU do is pivot to an Avengers-focused cartoon.

Instead, let them appear in supporting capacity throughout X-Men '97 S2 and S3.

In this episode we got Captain America, Iron Man, Doctor Strange, and Spider-Man. In the original animated series, we saw Thor during the Dark Phoenix Saga. Plus Scarlett Witch & Quicksilver are somewhere out there; would make sense for them to join the Avengers to try to atone for their father's mistakes. Maybe even bring back Ms. Marvel so Rogue can have some closure there.

This was amazing!

Everyone shined in battle and had moments(except Beast and Morph)

The cameos are always great but damn Iron Man, Cap, Strange, Parker, MJ, Black Panther(T'Chaka), Silver Samurai, Daredevil, Cloak & Dagger, Pyslocke, Omega Red, and some others. Colossus on Forge board, Quicksilver & Wanda were on the boat in Magneto's mind. I think Rogue & Bastion were fighting on Thanos rock.

I really hope we get some X-Men vs Avengers when they find their way back in time.

Excited for Apocalypse beginning.

Pretty sure that was the Blue Area of the Moon.

View attachment 90639

I knew my eyes spotted ol' Flash Thompson in the back.

chris-farley-speaker.gif

What's the deal with the Askani clan? How is Rachel Summers (albeit old) still around in the 3000s? Did she also travel into the future?

Lol I am absolutely loving the focus on mutants & X-Men. The last thing I want to see MCU do is pivot to an Avengers-focused cartoon.

In this episode we got Captain America, Iron Man, Doctor Strange, and Spider-Man. In the original animated series, we saw Thor during the Dark Phoenix Saga. Plus Scarlett Witch & Quicksilver are somewhere out there; would make sense for them to join the Avengers to try to atone for their father's mistakes. Maybe even bring back Ms. Marvel so Rogue can have some closure there.
I dont see the harm in having both. You can do crossovers and focus on the mutants and X-Men in their show like they did in this season. It ain't like they will stop making X-Men 97 in favor of an Avengers show since X-Men 97 has been wildly successful. So, I can't get into this mindset at all.

I don't think they will ever make another team the focus. This show has been praised too much for them to do that. They can have a mini story and use it as a pilot for a spin off. I want to see Avengers cartoon now and maybe a few crossovers when needed.

Heck, I would love to see them do a Civil War-esque story in an Avengers show in this universe. They sort of hinted at Steve's disagreement with the government here with his reaction to Kelly's decision to blow up Asteroid M. Would be interesting to explore conceptually.

But back to the episode topic: did anyone else get teary-eyed when Jean and Scott said goodbye to Cable? A freaking ninja was cutting up onions, I swear to god.

I want to see Avengers cartoon now and maybe a few crossovers when needed.
Same. It wasn't something I realized I wanted until I saw Cap and Iron Man in the same room together. They could pivot off of the seeds shown in this show and have them dove tail into their own story, with the occasional crossover here and there.

Same. It wasn't something I realized I wanted until I saw Cap and Iron Man in the same room together. They could pivot off of the seeds shown in this show and have them dove tail into their own story, with the occasional crossover here and there.
Thats just it, Spider-Man used to be the show where we mainly got crossover back in the 90s, though Iron Man, FF, and Hulk had a couple team up episodes also. But mostly it was Spider-Man where we got to see those happen. I would like to get X-Men, Spider-Man, and Avengers all in this universe and they can all cross over with one another in their respective shows. I'd also like another shot at 90s FF, but until their movie is a hit, that might be a bridge too far.

Is Wolverine going to be in his own separate timeline? I was hoping for the bone claw Wolverine which is still possible. May need to rewatch but Morph was also not in either so they are likely together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritayo
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"