• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

X-Men ‘97 X-Men 97 Episodes 8, 9, and 10 - Tolerance is Extinction Parts 1-3 SPOILER Thread

Is Wolverine going to be in his own separate timeline? I was hoping for the bone claw Wolverine which is still possible. May need to rewatch but Morph was also not in either so they are likely together.

It'd be cool if Morph & Wolverine were stuck in the Jurassic age. Morph will be the one to help Wolverine regain his humanity, bone claws & all.

It was a fantastic season finale....guess I was disappointed to not see even a hint of Onslaught considering all of the mind messing with of Xavier/Magneto...I know that down the road it could still happen...still I thought we would surel see SOMETHING....

I also hope Morph and Wolverine are on their own so they can get their own subplot together. But, do they have the STONES to go all the way with it? I mean.....ALL THE WAY with it! I want this to happen and I cannot wait for the internet to burn when it does lol :o

It'd be cool if Morph & Wolverine were stuck in the Jurassic age. Morph will be the one to help Wolverine regain his humanity, bone claws & all.

A part of me wants that, but then a part of me also wants Logan out somewhere in space and time with Elektra, like you were talking about before.

But Morph earned their shot with Wolverine, that was sweet how they morphed into Jean.

I mean, we did get a lot of Daredevil this episode. I guess Elektra could be out there somehwere...

Reactions: Lip
Just tell me where Storm/Wolvy/Morph are!!!!

I hate seeing everyone but them

I thought for sure we'd get some further explanation to Bastion's origins, especially a callback to this scene which was never really explained...

It looks like some sort of crater, and Bastion's mother is comforting him. No doubt he had some hand in causing the destruction and could very well be what put him on Xavier's radar in the first place. I also liked Bastion's line about his mother begging Xavier to take him--I think that would have been an interesting wrinkle to the story and added to Bastion's tragic history. Xavier's 'original sin' as it were...

x-men-97-episode-8-jean-grey-s-vision-of-bastion.jpg

Last edited:
I also hope Morph and Wolverine are on their own so they can get their own subplot together. But, do they have the STONES to go all the way with it? I mean.....ALL THE WAY with it! I want this to happen and I cannot wait for the internet to burn when it does lol :o

I’m willing to bet that’s not the first time Morph has turned into to Jean for Wolvie’s comfort…I’m not sure I’m mentally ready for the outrage that would happen if they take that relationship all the way. I also think it’s risky in terms of viewership.

Regarding the Black Panther identity and T'Challa being Fantastic Four show, I wouldn't think too much into it. The 90's shows in general had a very loose connection anyway (particularly FF, Iron Man and Hulk). Not to mention the FF cartoon had a Scarlet Spider cameo while Spider-Man TAS was still in season 2, long before any of the clone/multiverse shenanigans from season 5. So this could be them just doing their own thing.

That or the FF cartoon takes place in the future :oldrazz:

I’m willing to bet that’s not the first time Morph has turned into to Jean for Wolvie’s comfort…I’m not sure I’m mentally ready for the outrage that would happen if they take that relationship all the way. I also think it’s risky in terms of viewership.
Oh, it's risky. But I also think a vital risk. X-Men is all about accepting everyone and coexistence. So being afraid to upset some people would IMO undermine that message. That message comes by making a risky choice not just with secondary or less popular ones, but main ones with large fanbases. They don't get more popular than Wolverine. I want this to see itself through completion. No half measures

Regarding the Black Panther identity and T'Challa being Fantastic Four show, I wouldn't think nto too much. The 90's shows in general had a very loose connection anyway (particularly FF, Iron Man and Hulk). Not to mention the FF cartoon had a Scarlet Spider cameo while Spider-Man TAS was still in season 2, long before any of the clone/multiverse shenanigans from season 5. So this could be them just doing their own thing.

That or the FF cartoon takes place in the future :oldrazz:
It's not a huge deal to me, lol! It ain't like the comics or even MCU don't retcon or make these kinds of errors. Remember the error in number of years between Toomes losing the contract and the present day of Homecoming? It happens

It's so many gems in this episode.

Bastion's exchange with Jubilee specifically. "What are you gonna do child, slay me with the 4th of July?"

Then she goes RIGHT FOR HIS HEAD. That was everything.

Oh, it's risky. But I also think a vital risk. X-Men is all about accepting everyone and coexistence. So being afraid to upset some people would IMO undermine that message. That message comes by making a risky choice not just with secondary or less popular ones, but main ones with large fanbases. They don't get more popular than Wolverine. I want this to see itself through completion. No half measures
Not sure I see it happening but if it does they better provide umbrellas and rain coats for all the salty tears that’ll rain down.

It's so many gems in this episode.

Bastion's exchange with Jubilee specifically. "What are you gonna do child, slay me with the 4th of July?"

Then she goes RIGHT FOR HIS HEAD. That was everything.

I was hoping to see Jubilee utilize some of the tricks she saw her future self perform in Episode 4. I think I may have seen some of the same moves, but can't be sure.

I guess I'll just have to watch after work :nah nah:

Not sure I see it happening but if it does they better provide umbrellas and rain coats for all the salty tears that’ll rain down.
They better do it!!!!

Probably in the last planned season lol.

What's the deal with the Askani clan? How is Rachel Summers (albeit old) still around in the 3000s? Did she also travel into the future?
It's a long story, but here's the gist. Captain Britain was lost in the time stream while Rachel was still with Excalibur. Rachel was able to trade places with him (that is, he returned to the present while she became lost in time). It was later revealed that Rachel had wound up two millennia in a dystopian future ruled by Apocalypse. She basically founded the Clan Askani to give people hope and fight back against Apocalypse's oppressive tyranny. (Askani, which means "family of outsiders," was the closest she could think of to X-Men.)

Anyway, in the comics, it was the Clan Askani (not Bishop) who arranged for Nathan Summers to be transported into the future, where he had a chance of surviving the techno-organic virus that Apocalypse infected him with. Fortunately, they were able to save Nathan, but they couldn't cure him of the virus. So (1) they created a healthy clone of him, who grew up to become Cable's archnemesis Stryfe, and (2) they taught Nathan how to use his vast telekinetic powers to keep the virus from spreading throughout his body. FYI, Cable expends nearly all of his power to stave off the virus on a regular basis. If he wasn't forced to use his powers in this manner, he'd be able to unleash his full potential and become one of the most powerful mutants in existence.

I'm telling you, man. You've got to get your hands on The Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix! It's a really great story by Scott Lobdell that features some of Gene Ha's best artwork to date.

It's a long story, but here's the gist. Captain Britain was lost in the time stream while Rachel was still with Excalibur. Rachel was able to trade places with him (that is, he returned to the present while she became lost in time). It was later revealed that Rachel had wound up two millennia in a dystopian future ruled by Apocalypse. She basically founded the Clan Askani to give people hope and fight back against Apocalypse's oppressive tyranny. (Askani, which means "family of outsiders," was the closest she could think of to X-Men.)

Anyway, in the comics, it was the Clan Askani (not Bishop) who arranged for Nathan Summers to be transported into the future, where he had a chance of surviving the techno-organic virus that Apocalypse infected him with. Fortunately, they were able to save Nathan, but they couldn't cure him of the virus. So (1) they created a healthy clone of him, who grew up to become Cable's archnemesis Stryfe, and (2) they taught Nathan how to use his vast telekinetic powers to keep the virus from spreading throughout his body. FYI, Cable expends nearly all of his power to stave off the virus on a regular basis. If he wasn't forced to use his powers in this manner, he'd be able to unleash his full potential and become one of the most powerful mutants in existence.

I'm telling you, man. You've got to get your hands on The Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix! It's a really great story by Scott Lobdell that features some of Gene Ha's best artwork to date.

Thank you kindly. I knew the Stryfe stuff (in broad strokes) but Rachel Summers has always been a bit of a gap in my X-Men knowledge. Jean & Cyclops are two of my favorite characters; I'll definitely read The Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix--I'm assuming it's available on Marvel Unlimited app

We also got another Psylocke tease too. Maybe Captain Britain & some Excalibur shenanigans aren't too far behind...

God I was geeking TF out during this whole episode. I cant remember the last show that made me this happy.

This show has taken us all by surprise, i dont think anyone had it in their bingo cards that a revival of a 30 year old cartoon would be one of the most talked about shows of 2024 and arguably the best content marvel's put out in years.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"