• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

X-Men ‘97 X-Men 97 Episodes 8, 9, and 10 - Tolerance is Extinction Parts 1-3 SPOILER Thread

Got to love seeing all that build-up and worldbuilding finally payoff in this finale. Lawd they could actually create multiple spinoff shows now and I'd be down to watch every one of them.

Those cameos were everything but seeing Apocalypse show up at the end was a really nice surprise. I can't wait to see his character explored even more in this show and the different dynamic with the X-Men.

He was such an awesome/memorable villain in the OG series.

Thank you kindly. I knew the Stryfe stuff (in broad strokes) but Rachel Summers has always been a bit of a gap in my X-Men knowledge. Jean & Cyclops are two of my favorite characters; I'll definitely read The Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix--I'm assuming it's available on Marvel Unlimited app

We also got another Psylocke tease too. Maybe Captain Britain & some Excalibur shenanigans aren't too far behind...
Psylocke with 3 Alpha Flight members + Cipher, is such a random group.

I wonder how they made that decision.

Oh, it's risky. But I also think a vital risk. X-Men is all about accepting everyone and coexistence. So being afraid to upset some people would IMO undermine that message. That message comes by making a risky choice not just with secondary or less popular ones, but main ones with large fanbases. They don't get more popular than Wolverine. I want this to see itself through completion. No half measures

Feige's people shot down Hickman's throuple idea. And based on some of what he wrote, he intended it to be a VERY even, not focused on one red head. So, hold onto your expectations a bit.

Feige's people shot down Hickman's throuple idea. And based on some of what he wrote, he intended it to be a VERY even, not focused on one red head. So, hold onto your expectations a bit.
I am holding on to nothing :o

The finale wasn't my favorite eisode, but it was still well executed. Just a little bit more conventional superhero stuff compared to the rest of the series. I thought the best part was the scenes with Xavier and Magneto in the latter's mind. This series really did Magneto well.

Did they really? I knew about the Ms. Marvel stuff but not this. Interesting, is there a link on this, I'd be curious to read more.

I hope squeekness is happy. :)

I'm SO curious about where Storm, Logan, and Morph are. Or why Jubilee, Sunspot and Cable are AWOL.

I wonder if professor X and Magneto tries to teach En Sabah Nur their respective 'dream' and he's like, "stuff you both, it's gonna be survival of the fittest, broskis!"

Or why Jubilee, Sunspot and Cable are AWOL.
I'm assuming they are in hiding due to rising hate and don't want to be part of whatever is left of the X-Men(i.e. just Forge I guess lol) I have a feeling while the main team are dealing with time travel shenangians, Forge might try to form a new team of X-Men in the present. I guessing it would include anyone on his chart that's not crossed off. So Colossus, Shadowcat, Iceman, Havok, Emma Frost, Dust, Magik, and Exodus.

I hope squeekness is happy. :)

I'm SO curious about where Storm, Logan, and Morph are. Or why Jubilee, Sunspot and Cable are AWOL.
Yes I am -- for the moment. If they kill him off a second time as Death I won't be. :cmad:

I wouldn't mind if it was:
Gambit as Death
Sunfire as Famine (with his AoA look)
Polaris as Pestilence
Wolverine as War (which can give him his adamantium back, and avoid the dogface Wolvie)

Then when they inevitably snap out of it, set up the (edit: Final, not First) Horsemen from Uncanny X-Force, who I still think were the coolest group

Last edited:
I would like Sunfire and Polaris as horseman and horsewoman respectively, for screentime. But I would like see them in another story as well.

Psylocke was a horsewoman too in the comics. So when it comes to the "X-Men" they have plenty of choices aside from Gambit/Archangel.

I wouldn't mind if it was:
Gambit as Death
Sunfire as Famine (with his AoA look)
Polaris as Pestilence
Wolverine as War (which can give him his adamantium back, and avoid the dogface Wolvie)

Then when they inevitably snap out of it, set up the First Horsemen from Uncanny X-Force, who I still think were the coolest group
I'd be happy with all of this. :)

So question, Do the Xmen

Not know who Apocalypse is? They seemed confused when they met young En Saba Nur (or however you spell it). They should be cery familiar with him by now, no?

So question, Do the Xmen

Not know who Apocalypse is? They seemed confused when they met young En Saba Nur (or however you spell it). They should be cery familiar with him by now, no?
I didn't take it that they didn't know who he was. I read the confusion as "oh crap this a young Apocalypse".

View attachment 90618

:xmen:

Colossus, Dust, Archangel, Magik, Iceman, Havok, Exodus, Shadowcat and Emma Frost reference.
Okay reposting that picture. When i first watched the finale, I immediately closed it when the credits rolled, then I saw a bonus scene set in the present day period when I opened YouTube. I hope Forge will recruit several mutants from that wall to find the X-Men - anyone from Iceman, Angel, Colossus, Kitty, Emma and Havok will be great. Dust and Exodus being included in that group is quite random.

Also I missed the part where, Bishop called Forge as Daniel. Its an original idea from Chris Claremont. :xmen:

But back to the episode topic: did anyone else get teary-eyed when Jean and Scott said goodbye to Cable? A freaking ninja was cutting up onions, I swear to god.

For sure. That scene was a perfect example of how this show mixes sentimentality with emotional intelligence. Very moving, as were the Magneto and Xavier scenes.

It's so many gems in this episode.

Bastion's exchange with Jubilee specifically. "What are you gonna do child, slay me with the 4th of July?"

Then she goes RIGHT FOR HIS HEAD. That was everything.

She did serious damage to Bastion, I loved that moment. Don't think we've seen anything close to that level as far as Jubilee's power displays go in adaptations of X-Men. It was a great callback to episode 4 as well.

IMG_1149.jpeg
Season 2 Avengers vs. X-Men or Civil War. We’re definitely going to be exploring something along those lines.

Please no Avengers story arc in this show.

The finale already had too much non mutant cameos. Like they could have given us a cameo of Colossus, Iceman, Angel, Kitty but no, we got those other superheroes....

Though I was really happy when Psylocke showed up. :xmen: :psylocke:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"