• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Dark Phoenix X-Men: Dark Phoenix Score - Hans Zimmer To Compose

I frelling loved the piece that played when the X-men went into space in the beginning. Other than that I enjoyed the score througout the movie but nothing really stood out, other than the one I just mentioned.

Apparently release of the 2 CD edition of the score has stalled due to the film bombing at the box office. The second CD would've been called X-Periments, and is already programmed and mastered.

Someone has started a petition for its release, and I urge everyone here to sign it and share it on social media.

Sign the Petition

Given it a courtesy sign. Don't think it'll gain any traction, or make a difference, but Zimmer's score was nice and I'd like to hear more.

Some news about this might be announced in a few days so fingers crossed.

not the soundtrack having an alternate release, but not the movie :funny:
this whole case is surreal

Sweet. Looking forward to more of his score. Listen to it a lot.

The Xperiments record is very good. Certainly a lot of ideas not present in the film. This, I imagine is the only way to experience some of the vibe of the original third act.

What's great about this soundtrack? It's just Hans Zimmer portraying his greatest hits. I've heard it all on better scores by him.

You can only be impressed if you've never listened to anything else by him. Totally on autopilot he was. He was inspired less by the material and more by JLaw's apathy.

Meh....

Well I liked the main theme a lot. Really enjoyed both the soundtrack and Xperiments album. Once the film is out proper, I'm gonna enjoy chopping it up and making a rescored X3.

Zimmer's work has grown on me a lot and I'd now place it at fourth or fifth place in the franchise. The Xperiments at first glance has been disappointing, coming of as a simple remix of the film cues, but maybe more listens will warm me to it.

This is definitely his best work since BvS (and 2049, though that was mostly Wallfisch). After score after score being a letdown recently I'd started to think his best days were behind him. Glad I was wrong, and I can't wait for WW84, Top Gun and Dune.

I’m majorly disappointed with this movie, but majorly impressed with this score. The only thing I don’t like is that’s it’s composed for this film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"