• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

'X-Men' Director Being Sued For Sex Abuse Allegations

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this were a 33-year-old man who had sex with a 17-year-old young actress who he thought was 18-20 years old, people wouldn't be looking at Singer like a monster.

If it was as graphic as the plaintiff alleges (and I find this all highly suspect) then yes, it is ugly and horrible. But if it is just the case of a director partying with young men, and they have sex and the young man who thought it would benefit his career doesn't get what he wanted so he cried "rape".... Then I really don't feel like his case is solid.

He waited 15 years to bring this back up after his alleged initial try back in 1999. Now he re-opens this a month before the director's largest film is released? It seems like a publicity/cash getter.

But again, if this were a straight, male director who had sex with a young actress who was 17 but looked 18-21 and the director didn't know... this wouldn't even make the front page. The issue (if Singer only had consensual sex with a man he thought was of age) is that Singer is gay and this reminds the general public about it. While most of the public opinion has turned positive toward LGBT... it is still something that can hurt a studio's bottom line. Which is why there are VERY VERY few films headlined by openly gay actor/actresses. So FOX may distance themselves from Singer for the publicity this brings alone.

I truly hope that he's innocent. First, because if these allegations are true, the are horrible. Secondly, Singer (though neurotic) seemed to be a brilliant, likable guy -- and not the type to abuse his power, or even think he had power. He seemed humble. It would be a shame to have to hate him.

-R

If this were a 33-year-old man who had sex with a 17-year-old young actress who he thought was 18-20 years old, people wouldn't be looking at Singer like a monster.

If it was as graphic as the plaintiff alleges (and I find this all highly suspect) then yes, it is ugly and horrible. But if it is just the case of a director partying with young men, and they have sex and the young man who thought it would benefit his career doesn't get what he wanted so he cried "rape".... Then I really don't feel like his case is solid.

He waited 15 years to bring this back up after his alleged initial try back in 1999. Now he re-opens this a month before the director's largest film is released? It seems like a publicity/cash getter.

But again, if this were a straight, male director who had sex with a young actress who was 17 but looked 18-21 and the director didn't know... this wouldn't even make the front page. The issue (if Singer only had consensual sex with a man he thought was of age) is that Singer is gay and this reminds the general public about it. While most of the public opinion has turned positive toward LGBT... it is still something that can hurt a studio's bottom line. Which is why there are VERY VERY few films headlined by openly gay actor/actresses. So FOX may distance themselves from Singer for the publicity this brings alone.

I truly hope that he's innocent. First, because if these allegations are true, the are horrible. Secondly, Singer (though neurotic) seemed to be a brilliant, likable guy -- and not the type to abuse his power, or even think he had power. He seemed humble. It would be a shame to have to hate him.

-R

People talk about money, but heard this guy only wants 75.

I'm not saying that the victim is a saint either, but Singer's parties are one of those Hollywood things where everyone plays ignorant. I've heard about them when I was in Film School and that was a few years ago. Then you had the Apt Pupil incident.

I'm not saying that the victim is a saint either, but Singer's parties are one of those Hollywood things where everyone plays ignorant. I've heard about them when I was in Film School and that was a few years ago. Then you had the Apt Pupil incident.

I believe the Apt Pupil allegations were investigated and nothing was found. Hollywood orgies are common, the only difference is the fact that he's gay and likes young men.

Yes. But if the people at these parties are all over 18 -- or Singer believes them to be -- what difference is there between Singer's pool parties and Hugh Hefner's?

Because Hefner has sex with women that are WAY younger than he is it's right and it's cool and we can have reality TV shows about it, but when a gay man has sex with younger men it's deviant behavior?

(Again, this is all living under the assumption that Singer believed these boys were 18+ and didn't FORCE them to have sex).

I think the gay issue here is a big one here, and a main reason why he is being looked at as a sexual deviant or a creep by some people.

-R

This is really depressing me.. I didn't realize Singer was such a creepy sleazy dude... I guess I never really cared too much about celebrity personal lives.. but it is not just him.. it seems there are a lot of wacko's in Hollywood/music industry.. :doh:

Ugh, now I am really depressed.. I wonder if this will hurt days of future past, I was looking forward to it.... I wonder how FOX will react..I hope this doesn't hurt X-men Apocalypse.. Maybe they will get someone else? ...ugh.. now I remember why i don't like coming to the community forums all that much.. too many depressing stories!.. I think I will go back to lurking the STAR WARS forums.. tis a more joyful experience... :csad:

So Singer likes twinks. What's the big deal? That doesn't make him a pedo. Some gay guys like bears, mature wrinkly men and all sorts of men.

So Singer likes twinks. What's the big deal? That doesn't make him a pedo. Some gay guys like bears, mature wrinkly men and all sorts of men.

Honestly, it doesn't take much effort to play detective on the net and find an overwhelming amount of references to Singer's preference for young buys, whether legitimately underage or look like they are.

This is really depressing me.. I didn't realize Singer was such a creepy sleazy dude... I guess I never really cared too much about celebrity personal lives.. but it is not just him.. it seems there are a lot of wacko's in Hollywood/music industry.. :doh:

Ugh, now I am really depressed.. I wonder if this will hurt days of future past, I was looking forward to it.... I wonder how FOX will react..I hope this doesn't hurt X-men Apocalypse.. Maybe they will get someone else? ...ugh.. now I remember why i don't like coming to the community forums all that much.. too many depressing stories!.. I think I will go back to lurking the STAR WARS forums.. tis a more joyful experience... :csad:

All we know for sure is that Singer likes throwing parties for younger men. While that behavior may seem bad for some, it would not be as despised if the attendees were starlets around 18-22.

I am not saying he did or did not do it. Just do not jump to assuming he is guilty simply because there was an accusation made.

All we know for sure is that Singer likes throwing parties for younger men. While that behavior may seem bad for some, it would not be as despised if the attendees were starlets around 18-22.

I am not saying he did or did not do it. Just do not jump to assuming he is guilty simply because there was an accusation made.

Straight or Gay .... if they're someone in a position of power constantly abusing said power by taking advantage of the young and naive - well in my book that person is scum.

I definitely want to be careful to say that I don't care if Singer likes young guys, I only care if he raped the young man who is suing him.

I mean Wilmer Valderama from That 70's Show likes teenage or young girls so liking teenagers isn't some deviant Gay thing. I do think people like to sometimes pretend that only certain Gay men like teenagers.

Singer obviously could have anybody he wanted. He didn't need to drug and rape anybody to get some.

I definitely want to be careful to say that I don't care if Singer likes young guys, I only care if he raped the young man who is suing him.

Yeah, the age thing is.... icky. But the actual activity that allegedly took place is much more disturbing to me.

Yeah, the age thing is.... icky. But the actual activity that allegedly took place is much more disturbing to me.

Would you think it was icky if it was college girls instead of guys? Singer is a gay version of Brett Ratner, as long as they consent he can bang as many 20 year old dudes as he likes, IMO.

Would you think it was icky if it was college girls instead of guys? Singer is a gay version of Brett Ratner, as long as they consent he can bang as many 20 year old dudes as he likes, IMO.

This guy wasn't 20, unless there's some new piece of info I've missed... :huh:

Look, if the guy is 18 or over, I don't care what Singer is doing with them as long as he's not raping them and drugging them out of their ass to take advantage of them.

If Singer was dating these 18 year old guys and actually being a good boyfriend to them, what's the big deal, they're legal.

However the problem lies in Singer appears to be a dick who uses them because he knows they're young and less wise than him and **** that noise.

As of right now I'm on the fence. I'm not boycotting but I'm not exactly thrilled. However there is no proof. It's all accusations, speculation and he said he said. I'm not grabbing my torch and pitchfork like a lot of people already are. Which is sad. What happened to innocent until proven guilty? The accusations are very sad and scary. Whether true or not peoples lives can be or are ruined. Which is why I'm simply staying back. Doing up on all reading and trying to be level headed. Very soon DoFP is coming out and I'm still going to see it no matter the outcome.

Look, if the guy is 18 or over, I don't care what Singer is doing with them as long as he's not raping them and drugging them out of their ass to take advantage of them.

If Singer was dating these 18 year old guys and actually being a good boyfriend to them, what's the big deal, they're legal.

However the problem lies in Singer appears to be a dick who uses them because he knows they're young and less wise than him and **** that noise.

Exactly. The problem for me (regardless of rape or drugs) that makes singer a creep is that he uses his power and influence to make false promises to the naive in order to get laid... Which is all kinds of gross

Yes. But if the people at these parties are all over 18 -- or Singer believes them to be -- what difference is there between Singer's pool parties and Hugh Hefner's?

Because Hefner has sex with women that are WAY younger than he is it's right and it's cool and we can have reality TV shows about it, but when a gay man has sex with younger men it's deviant behavior?

(Again, this is all living under the assumption that Singer believed these boys were 18+ and didn't FORCE them to have sex).

I think the gay issue here is a big one here, and a main reason why he is being looked at as a sexual deviant or a creep by some people.

-R

Well Singer went the extra mile by (apparently) drugging these kids and then sexual assault them when they're knocked out. I swear that article on The Wrap was so graphic.. What sucks is that, all of this may fueled some stupid homophobia online.

As of right now I'm on the fence. I'm not boycotting but I'm not exactly thrilled. However there is no proof. It's all accusations, speculation and he said he said. I'm not grabbing my torch and pitchfork like a lot of people already are. Which is sad. What happened to innocent until proven guilty? The accusations are very sad and scary. Whether true or not peoples lives can be or are ruined. Which is why I'm simply staying back. Doing up on all reading and trying to be level headed. Very soon DoFP is coming out and I'm still going to see it no matter the outcome.

Its not that black and white. I think majority are thinking he's a creep but innocent of the rape angle...

I have though info on Singer to know for a fact he's a skeevy creep who uses his status to get laid by young (if barely legal) guys... He's also used sex as a bargaining tool with the infamous "casting couch" method. I've seen and hear enough personally to feel all that is without doubt....

That being said.. I also don't think he raped or forced anyone to do anything. This is the first time I've ever heard of him being an aggressor in that way and I've heard enough to believe that if he has... People in Hollywood would know. Singer attracts naive and immoral money hungry boys... Its not shocking ones trying to take advantage of him now

I think most would agree.. Yes they've had sex .. Probably have drank and done drugs... But it was likely consensual

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"