Days of Future Past X-men Movie Timeline

night0205

Sidekick
Reaction score
X-MEN MOVIE TIMELINE​
"I’m taking into account every movie – I’m not just grabbing my first two movies and First Class and smashing them together. I’m taking into account the entire universe as it’s been laid out so far on the screen, and really respecting it and trying to work with that. People took things in various directions, so there’s some clean-up. But ultimately I’m not just ignoring them either." - Bryan Singer

X-men Origins: Wolverine
NORTHWEST TERRITORIES, CANADA, 1845 - Young Logan, around 8-12 years old, powers manifest. Young Victor Creed is around 12-15 years old.

X-men: First Class
POLAND, 1944 - Eric Lehnsherr (Magneto), around 12-15 years old, powers manifest.

WESTCHESTER, NEW YORK, 1944 - Charles Xavier (Professor X), around 8-12 years old, meets young Raven Darkholme (Mystique).

1962 - Time period for X-men: First Class Film revolved around the Cuban Missile Crisis of October 16-28, 1962.
Eric Lehnsherr (Magneto) is around 30-33 years old.
Charles Xavier (Professor X) is in around 26-30 years old.
Raven Darkholme (Mystique) is in 20's.
Moira MacTaggert is in 20's.
Hank McCoy (Beast) is in 20's.
Alex Summers (Havok) is in 20's.
Emma Frost is in 20-30's.

LAGOS, NIGERIA, 1973 - Team X working for William Stryker, discovers adamantium.

X-men: The Last Stand
GREY HOME, TWENTY YEARS AGO (from 1994), 1974 - Charles Xavier and Eric Lehnsherr visit young Jean Grey, around 12-14 years old.
Eric Legnsherr is around 42-45 years old.
Charles Xavier is around 38-42 years old.

CANADIAN ROCKIES, SIX YEARS LATER, 1978-79 - Logan and Silverfox are together.

1979 - Time period for X-men Origins: Wolverine revolves around the Three Mile Island Accident of March 28, 1979.
Logan (Wolverine) is around 142-146 years old.
Creed is around 145-148 years old.
William Stryker is in 30-40's.
Scott Summers (Cyclops) is around 15-17 years old. (Alex Summers (father) is in 30-40's)
Charles Xavier (Professor X) is around 43-47 years old.

X-men The Last Stand
TEN YEARS AGO, 1984 - Warren Worthington III (Angel) powers manifest.

X-men, X2, X-men: The Last Stand
MERIDIAN, MISSISSIPPI, NOT TOO DISTANT FUTURE, 1994 - Marie (Rogue), around 15-17 years old, powers manifest.

1994 - X-men, X2 and the Last Stand all take place around the year of 1994, within a couple years (1993-1997), stated by Professor Xavier to Logan in X-men, "Logan, it's been almost 15 years hasn't it? Living from day to day, moving from place to place, with no memory of who are what you are."
Also stated by William Stryker in X2, "Wolverine? Well, I must admit, this is certainly the last place I'd expect to find you. How long has it been? Fifteen years? You haven't changed one bit. Me on the other hand--nature."
15 years from 1979 is 1994. There is a reason it says "not too distant future" and not a specific year, they knew they didn't want to be specific in case they needed to slide the time period. 1979 is the year Wolverine lost his memory, the year Three Mile Island had the meltdown in Origins: Wolverine.
Charles Xavier (Professor X) is around 58-62 years old.
Eric Lehnsherr (Magneto) is around 62-65 years old
Logan (Wolverine) is around 157-160 years old.
Scott Summers (Cyclops) is around 30-32 years old. (Alex Summers is in 50's)
William Stryker is in 40-50's.
Hank McCoy (Beast) is in 50's.
Jean Grey is around 32-34 years old.
Moira MacTaggert is in 50's.
Raven Darkholme is in 50's.

The Wolverine
Takes place sometime after X-men: The Last Stand.

X-men: Days of Future Past
Unknown.

235x240px-LL-c50386a2_nod-of-approval.gif

:up:Seems legit.

Assuming that the movies are in one timeline.
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

There has been no canonical evidence or indication that Alex and Scott are directly related.

I would actually place the OXT's events as taking place in the early to mid aughts (2000s), not the mid '90s.

I'd prefer to simply ignore Origins and say the new films all take place around the early to mid 00s.

I'd prefer to simply ignore Origins and say the new films all take place around the early to mid 00s.

Right now, the only thing that needs to be ignored from Origins is assuming that the girl who shifted to diamond form was Emma Frost. We just can say that Kayla's sister and Emma Frost who appeared in FC are two different people.

We also don't have to ignore the fact that Cyclops met professor X in this movie since they have yet to introduce Young Cyclops in the other films. Its not yet to clear if we are ever going to get a First Class movie that will introduce young Storm, young Jean and young Cyclops. It will take a while before FOX announces which movie is going to be released after DOFP. Plus we already seen how Professor X met Jean and that happened at the beginning of X3. The only one that we really haven't seen is how Professor X met Storm.

For me, the only continuity errors that can't easily be ignored are; the Sabretooth that we saw from X1 and the Sabretooth that we saw from Origins are totally different and the fact that Professor X can still walk when he met Cyclops in Origins and Jean in X3.

Last edited:
^ I believe that Lauren Shuler-Donner already addressed the Emma thing, and there is also the stated fact of the teenage Emma being Kayla Silverfox's sister, which would make her last name Silverfox as well.

We can even more precise with some of the ages, at least according to the cast credits.

The actor who played young Xavier in 1944 is credited as "Charles Xavier (12 Years)" and the girl who was young Mystique is credited as "Young Raven (10 yrs)."

Based on that information, Xavier was 30 at the end of First Class and Mystique was 28, and Xavier was 62 in 1994 and Mystique was 60 (though her cells age at half the normal rate).

Not only does it contradict the timeline, but moving the Trilogy to 2000's also makes the ages of the characters a little be more ridiculous. People push Wolverine losing his memory into 1986, stating that X-men, X2 takes place in 2004, The Last stand in 2005. Moira for example would have to be believed to be pushing 70 years old. With Magneto being at least 70, with Charles Xavier and Hank McCoy not far behind. In 1994, following Origins: Wolverine, these characters are in a more "probable" age to make a little more sense. Does Moira look good for 50 something... of course, but there are women who age really well and look very young at 50. 60 something on the other hand... unlikely. I understand that you can dismiss all of this as just contradictions from a messed up timeline that Fox didn't pay close attention to, and you would be right, but considering Bryan Singer is trying to bring ALL the films together, we must look at it in a way that makes the most logical and realistic sense. All of these ages are fairly reasonable, also there is a thought that being a mutant allows you to age well as well, if only by a couple years.

Alex Summers being Scott Summers father, instead of brother, is not something that is yet confirmed, however from listening to the creators it sounded like the direction they were going to go. It makes sense to me, even though it contradicts the comics, so does many of Singers films.

And the creators have said the supposed "Emma Silverfox" is not Emma Frost, and given that they don't give any evidence in the movie itself that she is, and the fact that it completely contradicts everything about the Emma Frost of First Class, I tend to agree.

Xavier walking, and Magneto being his friend again, are two things I believe Bryan Singer will address in DOFP. Otherwise we can leave it up to our imagination... the ages on this timeline seem to work out fairly well... in 1970's Magneto and Charles united once more as friends and allies at some point... and Xavier somehow was able to regain the ability to walk, if only for a short while. Also, in 1994, when Xavier and Eric meet at the beginning of X-men, they are not enemies, so we can assume they did in some way retain some type of relationship.

Last edited:
Alex Summers being Scott Summers father, instead of brother, is not something that is yet confirmed, however from listening to the creators it sounded like the direction they were going to go. It makes sense to me, even though it contradicts the comics, so does many of Singers films.

I really hate the idea of Havok being Cyclops' father; I would rather he was a much older brother.

And the creators have said the supposed "Emma Silverfox" is not Emma Frost, and given that they don't give any evidence in the movie itself that she is, and the fact that it completely contradicts everything about the Emma Frost of First Class, I tend to agree.

I like to think that Emma Silverfox and Kayla Silverfox were the daughters of First Class Emma Frost, with one daughter gaining the diamond-morphing power and the other the mental control power (in the form of Kayla's 'tactile hypnosis').

Last edited:
most people seem to be basing the XO:W ending as being 1979 assuming that what happen at the end was the Three Mile Island Accident...

but, it actually makes more sense that it would've been taking place after the accident in the mid 80s, after the plant was recommendation but, still shut down... Gambit even made a comment about how people are afraid to snoop around the because their worried about the radiation

I mean, do you think a secret government base, where they keep young kids/mutants locked up, and perform experiments, could just be set up in a fully operational power plant, with workers coming in and out all the time... without anyone noticing

most people seem to be basing the XO:W ending as being 1979 assuming that what happen at the end was the Three Mile Island Accident...

but, it actually makes more sense that it would've been taking place after the accident in the mid 80s, after the plant was recommendation but, still shut down... Gambit even made a comment about how people are afraid to snoop around the because their worried about the radiation

I mean, do you think a secret government base, where they keep young kids/mutants locked up, and perform experiments, could just be set up in a fully operational power plant, with workers coming in and out all the time... without anyone noticing

I've raised that point myself, though most people seem to think what we saw was an alternate version of the Three Mile Island Accident.

The end of XMO: Wolverine could be a few years later - at most.

Well I guess it's how you look at it, however I think it leans more towards the other way. People in general are afraid of Nuclear Power Plants radiation to begin with. But if you read up on it Three Mile Accident was a meltdown of Unit 2, the one Wolverine, Creed and Deadpool were fighting on... which eventually led to the destruction of that Unit. Not in the way the film has it, but it was said to be unsafe to walk in and eventually I think got completely destroyed. Which by the way took a clean up from 1979 to 1993 and cost $1 Billion. You think Styker was helping with that clean up do you? I think he caused it.

I really hate the idea of Havok being Cyclops' father; I would rather he was a much older brother.

I like to think that Emma Silverfox and Kayla Silverfox were the daughters of First Class Emma Frost, with one daughter gaining the diamond-morphing power and the other the mental control power (in the form of Kayla's 'tactile hypnosis').

They could be brothers, it happens. And Emma could be their mother. These are all possible, we will see what Bryan Singer does.

Singer flat-out said that Alex and Scott are not brothers in the filmic universe. This is backed up, BTW, by the idea that, although not identified as such, the boy with sunglasses from the Cerebro montage was intended to be Scott, but even if you dismiss that idea, you still have to deal with Singer's statement.

Singer flat-out said that Alex and Scott are not brothers in the filmic universe. This is backed up, BTW, by the idea that, although not identified as such, the boy with sunglasses from the Cerebro montage was intended to be Scott, but even if you dismiss that idea, you still have to deal with Singer's statement.

With the same surname and even a similar-looking power manifestation (on screen anyway, not so much in the comics), they must surely be related. The same father, at least. Singer may well backtrack on his initial insistence that they are not brothers. It's possible for them to be brothers who, as in the comics, were unaware of each other's existence for many years.

^ Based on the information we were given, the only way for Alex and Scott to be brothers by DNA would be for their parents to have given birth to them more than 2 decades apart and then abandoned both of them n the same manner immediately after their births.

Having the same surname does not automatically indicate a familial relationship of some kind, BTW, and I know this from first-hand experience. I was one of three kids with the last name of Elmer in my high school and I am not related to either of the other kids with that surname in any way.

The similarity in powers could suggest some type of familial connection between Scott and Alex, but that doesn't mean that there HAS to be, or that said connection has to be direct.

^ Based on the information we were given, the only way for Alex and Scott to be brothers by DNA would be for their parents to have given birth to them more than 2 decades apart and then abandoned both of them n the same manner immediately after their births.

Having the same surname does not automatically indicate a familial relationship of some kind, BTW, and I know this from first-hand experience. I was one of three kids with the last name of Elmer in my high school and I am not related to either of the other kids with that surname in any way.

The similarity in powers could suggest some type of familial connection between Scott and Alex, but that doesn't mean that there HAS to be, or that said connection has to be direct.

No, there doesn't have to be a familial connection, but same last name, similar powers, do you really think Singer and co. wouldn't take advantage of this and create some kind of familial connection?

^ I'm not presumptuous enough to say that they have to utilize the connecting threads between the two characters simply because those connecting threads exist.

I do remember them saying they aren't brothers, but I thought I remember an interview where they talked about that they will be making a connection between Alex and Scott... which is why the father son scenario is what seems rather obvious.

Given the arc that Alex has in FC, it doesn't strike me as being very likely that he'd abandon Scott - assuming that he IS in fact Scott's father - to the kind of existence he himself had to endure as a child. It also doesn't strike me as being very likely that Alex would father a child with someone who wasn't a fellow mutant, or that he wouldn't have told Xavier about Scott and asked him to look after the boy if he weren't able to, which would've likely meant that Scott would've already been at the school and therefore out of the reach of William Stryker, which we know wasn't the case.

About the Havok and Cyclops situatio, they just can say that both of them are not related to each other and they have the same surname but it doesn't mean anything in the movies. You are just gonna confuse yourself if you think they are somehow related. I don't think Bryan Singer is gonna explore their relationship in the next X-Men movies.

It would be rather silly to just leave it. I'm sure it will be explored.

It would be rather silly to just leave it. I'm sure it will be explored.

And it would just complicate things if they explored it. Not all things should be explained especially the ones that are hard to explain or hard to pull off. There are a lot of other things to adapt from comic-books.

^ Based on the information we were given, the only way for Alex and Scott to be brothers by DNA would be for their parents to have given birth to them more than 2 decades apart and then abandoned both of them n the same manner immediately after their births...

if its not parents, but instead just the same parent (most likely the father, since its been suggested that the x gene comes from the father side) its not that far fetch for the same guy to have of had to given two kids up, 2 decades apart.... I mean he could've gotten his girl pregnant back when they were teens (that they had to give up), then later as an adult settle down got married had another kid but had to give him up as well for whatever reason (maybe to hidden his mutant gene that be based on/ or even the memory of having to give up his first son was to much for him, idk)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"